Old August 5th 16, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [KB6NU] KE9V visits Hamventions new digs-and some off-the-wall ideas

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

KE9V visits Hamventions new digs-and some off-the-wall ideas

Fellow blogger and all around good guy,Â*KE9V, has written a short review of
Hamventions new digs, the Greene County Fair and Expo Center. I certainly
dont want to steal his thunder, so I suggest that you all go read his blog
post. It sounds to me like the Hamvention organizers have chosen a
reasonable place to hold the event next year.

In a previous post, I mentioned the inevitable t-shirt. I just bought one.
Theyre only 19 bucks with shipping. (I should have thought about this
myself and put something up on Cafe Press. I still might.)

Another thought occurred to me yesterday. At next years Hamvention, some
enterprising ham could probably make a few bucks by renting a van or even a
school bus and taking folks on a nostalgic tour of Hara Arena, if its still
standing by then.

Here are some things that they could possibly do:

Highlight the spot where the sewer main broke.
Have a picnic dinner in the crumbling parking lot. Maybe they could get one
of the community groups toÂ*grill up some brawurst.
Operate a special-event station.

Whaddaya think? Got any other ideas?

If Hara is to be torn down between now and Hamvention 2017, I hope that
DARA gets their hands on some of the arena seats. I bet they could sell
those for beaucoupÂ*bucks at the new venue.

The post KE9V visits Hamventions new digsand some off-the-wall ideas
appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.