Old September 8th 16, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [KB6NU] Michigan State Parks on the Air

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Michigan State Parks on the Air

Without a doubt, the ARRLs National Parks on the Air (NPOTA) program has
been a huge success. Unfortunately, for those of us who live in Southeast
Michigan, we dont have many national parks close to us.

What we do have in Michigan are many wonderful state parks. So, a couple of
months ago, I e-mailed our section manager, Larry, WR8B, and suggested that
we needed to start a Michigan State Parks on the Air Program. He told me to
be patient, that there was already someone working on this.

Yesterday, my friend, Thom, W8TAM, e-mailed me a link to the Michigan State
Parks on the Air Facebook page. Â*Its a little sketchy on details, but it
looks like the program will get started next year. I hope they post more
details soon.

There are a number of state parks on the air programs already in progress:

Florida State Parks on the Air
OhioÂ*State Parks on the Air
Indiana State Parks on the Air

Theres also a program called just Parks on the Air, that was started back
in 2010. Are there any others that you know about?

The post Michigan State Parks on the Air appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio
Blog.