Old October 3rd 16, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] NPOTA success - WR03

W2LJ QRP .... Do More With Less

NPOTA success - WR03

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

The day dawned gray. misty and chilly, but it wasn't downpouring. So I
collected this bag of bones out of bed. I showered, shaved, got dressed and
packed the Jeep with everything necessary for a ride to NPOTA land.

As stated a few days ago, the destination was WR03, the Delaware National
Scenic River, via Washington's Crossing State Park, in Titusville, NJ.
Thanks to the fact that there was hardly any traffic on an early Sunday
morning, I arrived in about 45 minutes.

Everything was wet from the light rains and heavy mist that fell throughout
the night. I made the decision to forgo using a soggy, leaf covered picnic
table and used my camping table and folding chair from the parking lot,
instead. This was not the main parking lot, but a smaller one, farther in
the park. It was literally a stone's toss from the river.

The set up was the usual, the KX3 at 5 Watts to a PAR END FEDZ 40/20/10 in
a tree. I got really good height this time. The PAR was easily 50 -60 feet
up in the air this time. And that was evident with the results - 43 QSOs in
under 90 minutes. 20 Meters was LONG! I worked Belgium, Croatia, Hungary,
Slovenia, Mexico, California, Montana and appropriately enough, Washington
State. 40 Meters got me up and down the east coast and as far west as
Minnesota.

I called it quits after about 90 minutes as the QSOs were drying up and I
was starting to get a bit chilled. After I packed up, but before leaving,
I walked around to snap a few more photos.

All in all, it was another good NPOTA day. I thank all the chasers who
worked me and I look forward to another adventure in a few more weeks -
this time, maybe the NJ Pine Barrens.
72 de Larry W2LJQRP - When you care to send the very least!