Old October 26th 16, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default [VA3QV] Contests and Time Management

VA3QV's Weblog

Contests and Time Management

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2016/10/...me-management/

Happy Monday. Â*5 more days till the weekend again.

This time of the year we are coming into some serious contesting times

We have the CQ WW DXÂ*Contests
SSB: October 29 30, 2016
CW: November 26 27, 2016
Starts: 0000 UTC Saturday Â* Â* Ends: 2359 UTC Sunday
For more info please check the CQ Website (above link)

We have the ARRL Sweepstakes:

CW:Â*First full weekend in November (November 5-7, 2016).

Phone: Third full weekend in November (November 19-21, 2016).

For more info check the ARRL Website (above link)

Count em Â*4 4 Major contests in one month Â*

Try and keep some of your time free to give out contacts and
participate Â*Remember to submit your logs. Â*Last year I decided to try the
CQ WW DX CWcontest and even with my poor cw skills and operating QRP I did
receive this:

Proving that if you want wallpaper you must submit your scores

After checking with Liz . Â*It looks like I will be able to give out some
5/9 04 and 5nn 04 on the Saturday evening of the CQ Contests and some some
5/9 ONE in the ARRL SSB Sweeps. Might be able to squeeze in a couple of
hours in the ARRL CW Sweeps but nothing definate yet

Remember that if the Popguns dont come out the Big Guns will have no one to
talk to but themselves

Also with most of the Amateur Radio World out there for the contests Â*It
could be an easy way to grab a couple of new ones even if you dont contest

73bob