Old November 1st 16, 06:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] In the news

W2LJ QRP .... Do More With Less

In the news

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

Speaking of Morse Code, I picked up my Bencher N2DAN Mercury paddle this
past Friday evening at our monthly club meeting. It is beautiful, feels
beautiful and looks beautiful on the shack bench. The only thing is that I
have to look into getting new finger pieces. The current ones are
a "glittery" blue. I don't mind the blue at all, but could do without the
glitter. Does anybody know of anyone who makes nice wooden ones?

The Silent Key who owned this had a weird Molex connector coming off of it,
and the cable itself was only about a foot long. I unsoldered that, put on
about a 2 foot section of three conductor cable and the standard (now
standard) 3.5mm stereo plug.

I immediately worked a few NPOTA stations and it feels just as good as my
Begali. It's like using a touch key. The movement is so slight as to be
indiscernible. I now have two sports cars sitting on my bench. I don't
have a lot of other keys - a few straight keys and a few bugs and few other
miscellaneous paddles. I fear that none of those guys will be seeing much
action anytime soon!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!