Old December 27th 16, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [K0NR] Top Five K0NR Blog Posts For 2016

Post : Top Five K0NR Blog Posts For 2016
Author : Bob K0NR

http://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/wp-con...og-graphic.jpg As
we approach the end of the year, it is fun to look back to see which blog
posts were read the most. It turns out these five blog postings were written
in previous years but they are the ones that got the most hits in 2016.

The most read post on k0nr.com was Choose Your 2m Frequency Wisely, (
http://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/my-articles/2m-frequency/ ) an article I wrote
that explains the 2m band plan in Colorado. I wrote this one years ago after
encountering quite a few folks that did not understand how the band plan is
set up. (If you are outside of Colorado, see What Frequency Do I Use on 2
Meters? ( http://www.hamradioschool.com/what-f...e-on-2-meters/
) over on HamRadioSchool.com ( http://www.hamradioschool.com ) )Â* The second
most read post concerns the use of amateur gear outside the ham bands: Can I
Use My Ham Radio on Public Safety Frequencies? (
http://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/2015/0...-public-safety
-frequencies-updated/ ) Actually, I have two blog postings that cover the
same topic but I've linked to the one that is up to date.Â* This is a hot
topic as many people still believe strongly that no ham gear is legal on Part
90 frequencies (read through the comments on that post). This is why I took
the time to write about it, attempting to explain it and educate the ham
community.

[...]