Old May 21st 18, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KB6NU] My first Dayton One-Day Tech class was a big success

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

My first Dayton One-Day Tech class was a big success

My first One-Day Tech Class at the Dayton Hamvention yesterday was a big
success. I had 23 students, and while I dont have the final count for how
many passed the test, I can say that it was one of the most enjoyable that
Ive ever taught.
Photo by Dave New, N8SBE.

The main reason for this is that the students were really interested and
engaged. They asked lots of good questions. They even stuck with me when I
explained the concept of resonant frequency.

All this in spite of less than ideal conditions. The class was shoehorned
into a relatively small space below the grandstand, that was being used as
a storeroom. I not only had to wipe the fairly thick dust of the tables, I
had to vacuum the carpet as well.Â* And, while I had been told that the room
could accommodate up to 30 students, I had to kind of shoehorn in the 23
students that I did have.

All in all, though, it went really well for my first effort at doing this.
And next years class should be even better.

Here are some comments that were emailed to me today:

I got a lot out of your Tech course today at the Hamvention. I enjoyed the
day, and learned quite a bit.Â* I took the Tech exam and got a perfect
score! Ill look forward to the opportunity to connect with you once Im
official and have my call sign..Jeff

I passed my Technician exam!Â* Thanks for an entertaining review of the
material.Guy

Just wanted to say thank you! I enjoyed the class, it was a long day, but
went fast. I passed the test and am looking forward to using my Tech class
license..Greg, waiting for call sign

Just wanted to say thanks for doing this class at HAMVENTION. Â*I passed the
test. I missed 4..Teresa

And, thanks again to my sponsors:

BTECH: five BTECH UV-5X3 5 Watt Tri-Band Radios.

Comet Antenna: two M-24x dual-band mag mount antennas.

GigaParts: $25 gift certificate.

DX Engineering: $50 gift certificate.

3rd Planet Solar: four different kits

RT Systems: five software/cable kits for programming radios

MP Digital: 100-ft. LMR-400 coax

The post My first Dayton One-Day Tech class was a big success appeared
first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.