Old May 18th 21, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy,oma.general,nebr.misc,rec.radio.info

Default Some news

Hello from stormy Lincoln. I had hoped to get our second Division
newsletter out by now but have been distracted. So I want to give you a
quick update and promise that we'll get the newsletter set on a
regular schedule as quickly as we can. In the meantime, I've had a
chance to visit with many of you via Zoom at your virtual club meetings.
Thanks for inviting me and thanks for the great feedback.

As you may know, Dave, K2DP, our Division Vice Director, our four
section managers, and I have been meeting regularly by Zoom at least
once a month. The goal is simply improved communications and better
mutual support as we meet our commitments to the ARRL and ham radio, in
general.

We're bolstered in accomplishing that by the new initiative ARRL CEO
David Minster, NA2AA, has started in reaching out to Section Managers.
David wants to be sure that Section Managers have the support they need
from all parts of the ARRL HQ organization. ARRL HQ is staffed by
really good people and David wants to be sure that they are well
connected to the people they serve.

Returning to the newsletter, I have a small stash of articles that will
be published. However, I could use more. So let me invite you to
submit articles and pictures that show how you and the Division's
clubs have fared during the pandemic. I'm especially interested in
what you are doing to get as back to normal as you can now that the
lockdown is easing. I'd appreciate whatever you would like to send
me. Please send what you would like to contribute by June 4.

And along with articles, I would appreciate any topics you would like to
have more information on or issues that should be addressed.

On the latter, Dave and I are here to help. We're donating our time
to give back to amateur radio. Our time is best spent helping you. So
if there are issues that need addressing, please let us know. We'll
do the best we can to get them resolved.

One special example. I received a concern that blind hams and potential
hams are having a difficult time navigating the FCC website in order to
get the now required FCC Registration Number (FRN). A quick note to
ARRL Headquarters resulted in an email from David Minister and one from
Maria Somma, AB1FM. Maria is the ARRL VEC Manager. Blind individuals
can call Maria and ask for help. She and her staff will make sure that
they get the FRN.

I appreciate your patience as I continue up the learning curve of my new
ARRL role. I also appreciate your support of the ARRL and your
participation in this fabulous hobby and communications service.

73, Art K0AIZ

ARRL Midwest Division
Director: Arthur I Zygielbaum, K0AIZ