Old May 24th 21, 05:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Things have been strange

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Things have been strange

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=emai l

My apologies for the lack of posts. It's been a topsy-turvy month. I got
laid off from work a week ago, the company that I was contracted to lost
their contract. The good news is I might be back to the same job with the
new contractor in a week or two, so it's not all that dire a situation.
Right now it's just wait and see. In the meantime, I've been keeping myself
busy and out of trouble by doing things around the house that I put off for
lack of time.
I did attend bits of Virtual FDIM yesterday and kudos to QRP-ARCI for the
fine job they did. I especially enjoyed a two hour Q&A session that they
held last night with the presenters of the programs. Very enjoyable and
educational. I am sure that in 2022 that things will be back to normal
enough to gather in person. I hope they continue to offer a virtual session
for those of us who cannot attend in person for reason or another.
This afternoon, I made a few more "bullets" or projectiles for my pneumatic
antenna line launcher. I repaired the one that broke at W2AOF's house a few
weeks back and then made two new ones. 3/4 inch PVC and end caps and some
cotter pins did the trick.
I got on the air this afternoon and worked a couple of POTA stations. One
being Sean KX9X and the other WW5C. I went to the POTA spotting page and
saw that the overwhelming majority of activations were either SSB or FT8.
I'm going to have to do something this summer about swaying that balance
back to CW if I can. The weather this week is supposed to be decent, so
maybe this Thursday I can head up to Washington Rock Park again and put
K-1635 on the air for a while.
I'll close with a reminder. Tonight is the QRP-ARCI Hootowl Sprint. It's
been trimmed down to an hour.. from 8:00 to 9:00 PM EDT. Hopefully, I'll
hear some of you on the air tonight.
72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!