Old May 29th 21, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.space

Default [AB1OC/AB1QB] Field Day Satellite Station for 2021 - Setup and Test in Hollis

Our HAM Station

Field Day Satellite Station for 2021 - Setup and Test in Hollis

https://stationproject.blog/2021/05/...est-in-hollis/

The Nashua Area Radio Society will be using our portable Satellite Station
this year at Summer Field Day. A number of members got together recently to
assemble and test our Computer-Controlled Portable Satellite Station for
Field Day. Here are some pictures of our Field Day Satellite Station Test

Source: Field Day Satellite Station for 2021 Setup and Test in Hollis

Several members of the Nashua Area Radio Society got together to set up and
test our Portable Satellite Station for Field Day 2021. Our station is a
computer-controlled one and enables us to work FM and Linear Satellites
using phone mode and CW.

The setup uses an M2 Antenna Systems LEO Pack Antenna System on a Glen
Martin Aluminum Tower that is set up to be portable. Feedlines use 100 ft
lengths for LMR-400uF and LMR-600uF coax cable for the 2m and 70cm bands.
The rotator is an Alfa-SPID Az/El unit. The antenna system also uses
coax-powered preamplifiers from Advanced Receiver Research. The station
uses an IC-9700 Transceiver, a Green Heron RT-21 Az/El Rotator Controller,
and a MacBook Air Laptop running MacDoppler and MacLogger DX.

This setup is an updated version of the portable satellite station that we
built for an ISS Crew Contact that a local school did with us some time ago.

You can see how the portable station goes together in the article above.
You can learn more about the design and construction of our Portable Sation
from the series of articles that begins here. We hope to work some of our
readers on the birds during Field Day this year!

Fred, AB1OC