Old June 10th 21, 03:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.space

Default [AB1OC/AB1QB] Helping Amateur Radio Grow

Our HAM Station

Helping Amateur Radio Grow

https://stationproject.blog/2021/06/...director-arrl/

Helping a School Make Contact with an Astronaut on the ISS

As many of you know, I have been dedicating much of my time over the last 6
years to helping folks to get into Amateur Radio, to learn new skills
through our hobby, and to experience the joy and sense of accomplishment
that Amateur Radio brings. I hope to further this effort in the position of
New England Director in the ARRL

Source: Helping Amateur Radio Grow Nashua Area Radio Society

Several friends and supporters have approached me about running for the
position of New England Division Director in the ARRL. Directors serve on
the Board of Directors of the ARRL for a Term of 3 years and are elected by
the members of the ARRL in the Director’s Division. In our case, this
encompasses ARRL members in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts,
Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

After much consultation with friends, the NARS Executive Committee, my wife
Anita, and others who have played major roles in the ARRL, I have decided
to take on this challenge by running this fall. I am doing this, in part,
to try to help Clubs and Hams here in New England and across the ARRL to
grow participation in the Amateur Radio Service and to benefit from the
many learning opportunities that it provides.

You can read more about what I am hoping to accomplish as New England
Division Director of the ARRL via the link above.

Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC