Old June 14th 21, 06:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default [KB6NU] IARU R1 addresses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to amateur radio

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

IARU R1 addresses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to
amateur radio

As part of their ongoing Workshop on the Future of Amateur Radio, IARU
Region 1 held a session analyzing the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities,
and threats (SWOT) of amateur radio. Heres a summary of their findings:

This type of analysis is a good first step. Knowing our strengths and what
opportunities are out there for us will help us foster amateur radio, while
knowing our weaknesses and whats threatening our hobby will help us shore
up those areas that could undermine any positive actions we might take.

I wish that they had recorded this session. It would have been very
interesting to hear more detail of how the workshop attendees came to these
conclusions. Ive emailed Lisa, PA2LS, to see if I can get more information.
I think this is important work and that these ideas should be more widely
publicized.

The post IARU R1 addresses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and
threats to amateur radio appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.