RadioBanter

-   -   You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life. (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/102577-youll-probably-never-have-use-cw-save-life.html)

[email protected] September 1st 06 06:45 PM

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life.

an old friend wrote:
wrote:
Rick Frazier wrote:
You've insisted on posting this crap so many times just about anyone
with more than two or three brain cells would be sick of it by now. Why
don't you just crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under?

--Rick AH7H

Slow Code wrote:

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life, but you should learn
it anyway just in case. Ham radio is like a spare tire, when you need it
you hope it's not flat. CW is like the air in the tire. I know I don't
ever want to hear someone say: "Why couldn't you get help, I though hams
were supposed to know morse code."

Sc

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

"Slow Code" is a relic of the 1930s, mentally over 70 years in the
past.

indeed it is interesting that Slow code seems stuck in era before he
was born do I have to apologize to Sceintology nuts

Mark, you don't have to apologize to anyone.

If Slow Code isn't a throwback to 7 decades ago, he is one example
of a thoroughly brainwashed morseman imprinted with the Beliefs
of 70 years ago...and all the mythos of "code saves lives" that
spread like kudzu after the Titanic disaster of 1912.

Slow Code September 2nd 06 01:36 AM

NoCode Techs should have to pass the CW test in a year or get booted.

wrote in :

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 00:06:42 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in
m:

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:21:38 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in
m:

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:12:32 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

For example, if you were going to lose your internet if you didn't
learn how to type and spell after a year, I'm sure you'd be learning
how to type and spell. But since there is no requirement that you
have to type and spell properly after a year, you continue on
murdering the english language.
nope you over look facts, I can't type or spel without making at
least twice the effort you do

That's why you'll never be a good ham. You refuse to put forth the
effort.
I am already a better ham than you
at least the measure of the Ham code

whatever that means.

gald you agree

How can someone agree when they can't understand what you're attempting to
babble.

Sc

Slow Code September 2nd 06 01:36 AM

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life.

" wrote in
oups.com:

Rick Frazier wrote:
You've insisted on posting this crap so many times just about anyone
with more than two or three brain cells would be sick of it by now.
Why don't you just crawl back under the rock you crawled out from
under?

At this point, even a relative moron should get the point that there
are a bunch of people that really don't give a damn about CW. That you
do is not the point, but your continual posts about it are the point.
Therefore, your continual posts lead me to believe you should be
seeking mental help. If you don't think you need therapy, how about
you get a life and if you are so Pro-CW, why aren't you on the bands
right now?

Though I'm an Extra and passed the CW requirements shouldn't make a
difference if I choose to operate phone. If the requirements change
and new Hams aren't required to take the code test, am I going to be
****ed?
Hell no, because I took the tests when I did because I wanted to be a
productive part of this hobby, not wait for an easier ticket in. I
learned it, just as a huge number of others have, but none of us wish
to push it like you seem to want to. Even the most die-hard CW fanatic
is spending his time on the bands, not on the internet trolling for
arguments.

Now, to provide a response to your query: It is extremely unlikely
that with all the means we have for contact in the case of an
emergency, that CW would be the only way to make contact, particularly
if you live in anything near an urban evironment in mainland US.
First and foremost, there has to be someone else that will respond to
you, and given the things going on with the hobby lately, I doubt that
CW will be the safety net you'd like to believe it is.

For myself, I have HF and VHF in both the house and vehicle, and have
the VHF radios all programmed with all of the local police and fire
frequencies. In a true emergency, I wouldn't lose a moment's time
worrying about whether it was legal or not before I keyed up on a
public service/fire/police frequency if it meant saving somebody.
Would CW help? Not very damn likely, as first I'd have to key up the
HF rig, get to someone that could relay, pass a message, hope like hell
that they actually did call the proper authority, (and were believed),
and so on.
You can bet I'll get attention right away if I key up on any of the
public service frequencies, and they damn well will respond, if for no
other reason than to find me. If that's what it takes, so be it, they
can fight it out in court later, and I'd get so much media attention
they wouldn't dare push it very far. On the other hand, the likelihood
of actually being believed using standard, HF and CW procedures, or
getting help in a timely manner to actually save a life is an extremely
remote chance...

I rarely filter anyone, but you've definitely earned the "plonk" of
being filtered. Say Bye-Bye ! ! !

--Rick AH7H

Slow Code wrote:

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life, but you should
learn it anyway just in case. Ham radio is like a spare tire, when
you need it you hope it's not flat. CW is like the air in the tire.
I know I don't ever want to hear someone say: "Why couldn't you get
help, I though hams were supposed to know morse code."

Sc

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

And you're still just as stupid as you were before you read it.

Now go bull**** with Dr Death on 11 meters, and don't come back until you
pull your head out of your ass.

Sc

an old friend September 2nd 06 03:32 AM

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life.

Slow Code wrote:
" wrote in
oups.com:

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

And you're still just as stupid as you were before you read it.

trolling right along

[email protected] September 3rd 06 01:22 AM

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life.

From: Slow Code on Fri, Sep 1 2006 5:36 pm

" wrote in
Rick Frazier wrote:

You've insisted on posting this crap so many times just about anyone
with more than two or three brain cells would be sick of it by now.
Why don't you just crawl back under the rock you crawled out from
under?

At this point, even a relative moron should get the point that there
are a bunch of people that really don't give a damn about CW. That you
do is not the point, but your continual posts about it are the point.
Therefore, your continual posts lead me to believe you should be
seeking mental help. If you don't think you need therapy, how about
you get a life and if you are so Pro-CW, why aren't you on the bands
right now?

Excellent question, "Slow." Why didn't you answer it?

Though I'm an Extra and passed the CW requirements shouldn't make a
difference if I choose to operate phone. If the requirements change
and new Hams aren't required to take the code test, am I going to be
****ed?
Hell no, because I took the tests when I did because I wanted to be a
productive part of this hobby, not wait for an easier ticket in. I
learned it, just as a huge number of others have, but none of us wish
to push it like you seem to want to. Even the most die-hard CW fanatic
is spending his time on the bands, not on the internet trolling for
arguments.

Nobody responding to your CQs, "Slow?" Is that why you are so
up-tight and angry in this forum?

[...]

You haven't answered that from a licensed amateur Extra, "Slow."
Why haven't you? Is it possible you don't know of anything in
radio except what the ARRL has spoon-fed you?

I rarely filter anyone, but you've definitely earned the "plonk" of
being filtered. Say Bye-Bye ! ! !

"Slow," you've earned that "plonk" many times over.

--Rick AH7H

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

And you're still just as stupid as you were before you read it.

Now, now, "Slow," you are starting to sound like one of those
inbred bigoted morsemen in here. You can't discuss anything
reasonable-like, only cuss at those who disagree with you. :-)

Now go bull**** with Dr Death on 11 meters, and don't come back until you
pull your head out of your ass.

I don't know any "Dr Death," "Slow," nor do I operate on
"11 meters."

Further, you are ten kinds of short on ability to threaten.
Your threats and "orders" become recycled electrons doing
nothing but dissipating a tiny bit of heat. yawn

Take YOUR beloved morse code test and shove it up YOUR ass.
Push real hard...there seems to be an obstruction there.
Must be your own four neurons in the way.

Beep, beep

an old friend September 3rd 06 06:09 PM

From: Slow Code on Fri, Sep 1 2006 5:36 pm

" wrote in
Rick Frazier wrote:

seeking mental help. If you don't think you need therapy, how about
you get a life and if you are so Pro-CW, why aren't you on the bands
right now?

Excellent question, "Slow." Why didn't you answer it?

becuase the answer is that there is nobody on we wants to "talk' to

Though I'm an Extra and passed the CW requirements shouldn't make a
difference if I choose to operate phone. If the requirements change
and new Hams aren't required to take the code test, am I going to be
****ed?
Hell no, because I took the tests when I did because I wanted to be a
productive part of this hobby, not wait for an easier ticket in. I
learned it, just as a huge number of others have, but none of us wish
to push it like you seem to want to. Even the most die-hard CW fanatic
is spending his time on the bands, not on the internet trolling for
arguments.

Nobody responding to your CQs, "Slow?" Is that why you are so
up-tight and angry in this forum?

and still holding forlorn hope the FCC will somehow make people see the
light and use CW

the CW has seen the light that being they betrayed the ARS by listening
to the ARRL what 50 years ago

they wouldn't dare push it very far. On the other hand, the likelihood
of actually being believed using standard, HF and CW procedures, or
getting help in a timely manner to actually save a life is an extremely
remote chance...

You haven't answered that from a licensed amateur Extra, "Slow."
Why haven't you? Is it possible you don't know of anything in
radio except what the ARRL has spoon-fed you?

perhaps not even that

I rarely filter anyone, but you've definitely earned the "plonk" of
being filtered. Say Bye-Bye ! ! !

"Slow," you've earned that "plonk" many times over.

--Rick AH7H

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

And you're still just as stupid as you were before you read it.

Now, now, "Slow," you are starting to sound like one of those
inbred bigoted morsemen in here. You can't discuss anything
reasonable-like, only cuss at those who disagree with you. :-)

yet I do wonder if he isn't Robeson somedays but I am pretty sure he is
just another bitter old that bought into "incetive Licesning) the brain
child of the ARRL

Now go bull**** with Dr Death on 11 meters, and don't come back until you
pull your head out of your ass.

I don't know any "Dr Death," "Slow," nor do I operate on
"11 meters."

Further, you are ten kinds of short on ability to threaten.
Your threats and "orders" become recycled electrons doing
nothing but dissipating a tiny bit of heat. yawn

amasing how they keep resorting to threats and orders

[email protected] September 3rd 06 09:00 PM

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life.

From: an old friend on Sun, Sep 3 2006 10:09 am

From: Slow Code on Fri, Sep 1 2006 5:36 pm
" wrote in
Rick Frazier wrote:
seeking mental help. If you don't think you need therapy, how about
you get a life and if you are so Pro-CW, why aren't you on the bands
right now?

Excellent question, "Slow." Why didn't you answer it?

becuase the answer is that there is nobody on we wants to "talk' to

Or maybe nobody wants to talk to him... :-)

the CW has seen the light that being they betrayed the ARS by listening
to the ARRL what 50 years ago

I don't think the ARRL "betrayed the ARS". I believe that they
sincerely thought that morsemanship was THEN a topmost skill
of US radio amtaeurs. Fifty years ago would be 1956 and not
long after the passing of ARRL co-founder (and president-for-
life) Hiram Percy Maxim. "T.O.M." used his editorial pages
to promote morsemanship in the 1920s and 1930s.

The original core group of the ARRL were go-getters and smart
enough to realize that, to make enough money as an organization
that came out on top, PUBLICATIONS were the key to survival.
ARRL was first a very small group of local New Englanders,
formed 5 years after the first (and still surviving) national
organization, the Radio Club of America. There were lots of
"national club" competitors in the 1920s but those eventually
dropped out. RCA still exists but is not much concerned with
amateur radio.

Prior to the Internet going public in 1991, the only major
presence for US amateur radio in DC was the legal firm on
retainer from the ARRL. ARRL kept promoting themselves as
"representative" allegedly for the amateur to the FCC but
suspiciously more like a "filter" of amateurs' opinions.
That changed dramatically once the FCC got their website
going and ramped up to take Comments electronically. The
ARRL had to retain a second firm in DC for lobbying.

The evidence is an observation of the number and kind of
Comments on 98-143 "restructuring" versus Comments on
all those Petitions and last year's NPRM concerning code
testing elimination. The pro-code-test advocates' Comments
were straight out of the League hymn book about morsemanship
with a few adding in nebulous advantages for "homeland
security" necessities! [those Petitions began after 11 Sep
01]

What is more telling about the League's stubbornness on their
pro-code-test stance is that the IARU took a firm stand on
changing the ITU-R amateur radio regulations compulsory
(by administrations) morse testing for any license having
below-30-MHz privileges...the IARU wanted it OPTIONAL by all
administrations (at their discretion) a good year BEFORE
WRC-03. The ARRL wanted to keep the compulsory regulation.
After WRC-03 the League took a neutral stance, neither for
nor against code testing in the USA. It's still a "ARRL
versus the World" situation.

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

And you're still just as stupid as you were before you read it.

Now, now, "Slow," you are starting to sound like one of those
inbred bigoted morsemen in here. You can't discuss anything
reasonable-like, only cuss at those who disagree with you. :-)

yet I do wonder if he isn't Robeson somedays but I am pretty sure he is
just another bitter old that bought into "incetive Licesning) the brain
child of the ARRL

It should be abundantly clear that "Incentive Licensing" was
never about "advancing" in amateur radio beyond getting TITLE,
RAND, and STATUS. That was VERY important to the controlling
coterie of the League, folks who wanted to be "better" than
others...in a hobby activity.

What "incentive licensing" DID create was just the opposite of
"good fellowship" among amateurs, that of CLASS DISTINCTION
and a "pecking order" based largely on morsemanship. The
morsemen won it. Never mind that radio technology was already
far advanced from the 1930s' style of amateur radio and that
morse code was falling by the wayside in every other radio
service, the League still (stubbornly) held to the belief that
all amateurs "should" be able to be morse skilled...even four
decades after the 1930s.

The League lobbied for and got the "vanity license" system so
that olde-tymers could get their 1x2 and 2x1 super-special
guru-status callsigns. Even more status symbolism. Combining
"vanity" calls and "incentive licensing" there was a perfect
setup for all who managed to get both to crow and holler they
WERE BETTER than all others. Good fellowship went out the
window...rank, status, title RULED.

Now go bull**** with Dr Death on 11 meters, and don't come back until you
pull your head out of your ass.

I don't know any "Dr Death," "Slow," nor do I operate on
"11 meters."

Further, you are ten kinds of short on ability to threaten.
Your threats and "orders" become recycled electrons doing
nothing but dissipating a tiny bit of heat. yawn

amasing how they keep resorting to threats and orders

That's all they have left in this new millennium, Mark.

Some of them, such as Blow Code and Hambrecht still think
they are "better than others" in all aspects, not just
morsemanship. They LIKE that. So much so that they are
in great personal fear of losing that very precious rank,
status, title, and privilege that MIGHT happen if the
code test is eliminated. They will LOSE their "better
than you" rationalization. Internally the sky will have
fallen on their self-perceptions.

Personally, I think radio and electronics is totally
fascinating. So much so that I made a career choice of
it while studying for an entirely different sort of
work. Professional work, not some amateur dabbling,
yet I liked to make electronic things in my home
workshop. Things other than work-related tasks. It
is FUN, personally rewarding, not "work."

I got into Big Time HF comms 53 1/2 years ago and have
seen what modes DO work well and on a 24/7 basis on
long-haul circuits that HAD to be kept working. Years
later some KID is trying to "moralize" me into "working
on morsemanship?" He (or she) can go shove it
somewhere...until he (or she) can prove they've done
more than I in radio communications...which they have
NOT done yet in here.

Once, a very long time ago, I thought that becoming a
"ham" was a cool deal. That was before the commsats,
before technology had fully gotten with the semi-
conductor era, before the wonderful way we can get
over most of the world via PCs and the Internet. Why
IS it that some have to be a grand champion of the
1930s over seven decades later? What are THEY trying
to prove? I could care less about 1930s technology
and the "radio standards" of then. I live in the NOW.
If some dumb**** wants to moralize about "working" and
"investing" he (or she) can go get some flagellation
and suffer themselves for their own "cause." I'm not
about to join him (or her) in such moralistic self-
abuse/mis-use. If these self-styled emperors want to
flap their new clothes in my direction, I'll just keep
on pointing out that they are NAKED (and ugly).

[email protected] September 3rd 06 09:49 PM

From: an old friend on Sun, Sep 3 2006 10:09 am

the CW has seen the light that being they betrayed the ARS by listening
to the ARRL what 50 years ago

I don't think the ARRL "betrayed the ARS". I believe that they
sincerely thought that morsemanship was THEN a topmost skill
of US radio amtaeurs.

The FCC thought so too - well into the 1970s.

Fifty years ago would be 1956 and not
long after the passing of ARRL co-founder (and president-for-
life) Hiram Percy Maxim.

Maxim died in 1936. 1956 was twenty years later.

"T.O.M." used his editorial pages
to promote morsemanship in the 1920s and 1930s.

He also promoted many other things on those pages, such as technical
progress, operating skills, public service, and the observance of
government regulations.

The original core group of the ARRL were go-getters and smart
enough to realize that, to make enough money as an organization
that came out on top, PUBLICATIONS were the key to survival.

Publications were one way to support the organization. They also
supported amateur radio by offering low-cost information specifically
for the radio amateur.

ARRL was first a very small group of local New Englanders,
formed 5 years after the first (and still surviving) national
organization, the Radio Club of America.

But it didn't stay that way for long. By the time of the 1917 shutdown
- just three years after ARRL was founded - it was a national
organization.

One of the cofounders, Charles H. Stewart, 3ZS, lived right here in
Radnor, PA. Hardly "local" in those days.

There were lots of
"national club" competitors in the 1920s but those eventually
dropped out.

Name some.

RCA still exists but is not much concerned with
amateur radio.

It is a very small organization whose main activities seem to be
honorary and historical.

Prior to the Internet going public in 1991, the only major
presence for US amateur radio in DC was the legal firm on
retainer from the ARRL.

There was nothing to stop others from doing the same thing. Nor from
contacting FCC directly.

ARRL kept promoting themselves as
"representative" allegedly for the amateur to the FCC but
suspiciously more like a "filter" of amateurs' opinions.

Why are you suspicious, Len? Anyone could petition the FCC directly,
and many did, long before the Internet and ECFS.

That changed dramatically once the FCC got their website
going and ramped up to take Comments electronically. The
ARRL had to retain a second firm in DC for lobbying.

All ECFS did was to make it easier to petition and comment.

Back in the 1960s, when the changes known as "incentive licensing" were
being debated, FCC received over 6000 comments from individuals and
groups. There were at least 10 proposals besides the ARRL's. Those
other proposals were taken seriously enough by FCC to get RM numbers.

The evidence is an observation of the number and kind of
Comments on 98-143 "restructuring" versus Comments on
all those Petitions and last year's NPRM concerning code
testing elimination. The pro-code-test advocates' Comments
were straight out of the League hymn book about morsemanship
with a few adding in nebulous advantages for "homeland
security" necessities! [those Petitions began after 11 Sep
01]

??

The fact is that the majority of individuals who commented supported
the retention of at least some Morse Code testing. The majority also
supported elimination of the Morse Code test for the General Class
license.

What is more telling about the League's stubbornness on their
pro-code-test stance is that the IARU took a firm stand on
changing the ITU-R amateur radio regulations compulsory
(by administrations) morse testing for any license having
below-30-MHz privileges...the IARU wanted it OPTIONAL by all
administrations (at their discretion) a good year BEFORE
WRC-03. The ARRL wanted to keep the compulsory regulation.

Not true! Not true at all, Len.

The fact is that way back in 2000 or 2001, the ARRL BoD changed their
policy wrt S25.5. They decided to neither support nor oppose changes to
ITU-R S25.5.

Given the strong support from many other member countries to change
S25.5, the ARRL's no-opinion policy pretty much guaranteed there would
be majority support to change S25.5.

After WRC-03 the League took a neutral stance, neither for
nor against code testing in the USA. It's still a "ARRL
versus the World" situation.

Wrong again, Len!

In ARRL's petition to FCC, they proposed eliminating the Morse Code
test for General but retaining it for Extra.

The majority of individuals commenting on the NPRM wanted the test
eliminated for General.

The majority of individuals commenting on the NPRM wanted the test
retained for Extra.

The two majorities are not composed of all the same individuals, but
they *are* majorities.

Thank you, Rick! You spoke volumes of reality in this new
millennium.

And you're still just as stupid as you were before you read it.

Now, now, "Slow," you are starting to sound like one of those
inbred bigoted morsemen in here. You can't discuss anything
reasonable-like, only cuss at those who disagree with you. :-)

yet I do wonder if he isn't Robeson somedays but I am pretty sure he is
just another bitter old that bought into "incetive Licesning) the brain
child of the ARRL

It should be abundantly clear that "Incentive Licensing" was
never about "advancing" in amateur radio beyond getting TITLE,
RAND, and STATUS.

"RAND"?

Do you mean Remington Rand, Ayn Rand, or the South African monetary
unit?

That was VERY important to the controlling
coterie of the League, folks who wanted to be "better" than
others...in a hobby activity.

Nope. That's not what it was about at all, Len. Do try to get your
history straight.

The fact is that the "incentive licensing" changes were an attempt to
*return* to a system something like that which existed before February
1953. The complexity of the final result was due in large part to it
being pieced together from the numerous non-ARRL proposals mentioned
earlier.

btw, the 1951 restructuring that gave us the license classes with names
rather than letters was not primarily driven by ARRL.

What "incentive licensing" DID create was just the opposite of
"good fellowship" among amateurs, that of CLASS DISTINCTION
and a "pecking order" based largely on morsemanship.

How so?

Did you forget about the written tests?

The
morsemen won it. Never mind that radio technology was already
far advanced from the 1930s' style of amateur radio and that
morse code was falling by the wayside in every other radio
service, the League still (stubbornly) held to the belief that
all amateurs "should" be able to be morse skilled...even four
decades after the 1930s.

How many other radio services used Morse Code in 1966, Len?

Was there a shortage of trained radiotelegraphers during the Vietnam
War?

The League lobbied for and got the "vanity license" system so
that olde-tymers could get their 1x2 and 2x1 super-special
guru-status callsigns. Even more status symbolism.

Should accomplishment not be rewarded?

Combining
"vanity" calls and "incentive licensing" there was a perfect
setup for all who managed to get both to crow and holler they
WERE BETTER than all others. Good fellowship went out the
window...rank, status, title RULED.

btw, Len, did you ever manage to get your Extra out of the box? It's
been more than six and a half years now...

Further, you are ten kinds of short on ability to threaten.
Your threats and "orders" become recycled electrons doing
nothing but dissipating a tiny bit of heat. yawn

amasing how they keep resorting to threats and orders

That's all they have left in this new millennium, Mark.

Some of them, such as Blow Code and Hambrecht still think
they are "better than others" in all aspects, not just
morsemanship.

Well, maybe they are, Len. Or maybe they aren't.

Why does it bother you so much?

Do you have a need to look down on everyone?

They LIKE that. So much so that they are
in great personal fear of losing that very precious rank,
status, title, and privilege that MIGHT happen if the
code test is eliminated.

How will any currently licensed amateur lose anything if the Morse Code
test is eliminated?

They will LOSE their "better
than you" rationalization.

How?

If they really are better than you, they'll still be better without the
test. And vice-versa.

Internally the sky will have
fallen on their self-perceptions.

Personally, I think radio and electronics is totally
fascinating.

Me too. Amateur radio particularly.

So much so that I made a career choice of
it while studying for an entirely different sort of
work.

Funded by the taxpayers, too.

Professional work, not some amateur dabbling,
yet I liked to make electronic things in my home
workshop.

Does being paid for something make someone automatically "better", Len?

Things other than work-related tasks. It
is FUN, personally rewarding, not "work."

But not rewarding enough for you to get an amateur radio license, it
seems.

Or have you gotten that Extra out of its box, as you told us you were
going to do, way back on January 19, 2000?

I got into Big Time HF comms 53 1/2 years ago and have
seen what modes DO work well and on a 24/7 basis on
long-haul circuits that HAD to be kept working.

Using equipment supplied and paid for by others. With a team of several
hundred people trained to do the job.

That doesn't make you more qualified to judge what amateurs do -
self-funded and largely self-trained.

Years
later some KID is trying to "moralize" me into "working
on morsemanship?"

Is youth somehow wrong, Len?

He (or she) can go shove it
somewhere...until he (or she) can prove they've done
more than I in radio communications...which they have
NOT done yet in here.

I see.

What if someone older than you, with more radio experience, told you
that you should work on your morse code skills? How would you react?

Once, a very long time ago, I thought that becoming a
"ham" was a cool deal. That was before the commsats,
before technology had fully gotten with the semi-
conductor era, before the wonderful way we can get
over most of the world via PCs and the Internet.

What about your posting of January 19, 2000?

Why
IS it that some have to be a grand champion of the
1930s over seven decades later? What are THEY trying
to prove? I could care less about 1930s technology
and the "radio standards" of then. I live in the NOW.

Then why do you tell us so much about your past?

btw, if you are *not* interested in becoming a ham, why are you so
vocal about the requirements?

If some dumb**** wants to moralize about "working" and
"investing" he (or she) can go get some flagellation
and suffer themselves for their own "cause." I'm not
about to join him (or her) in such moralistic self-
abuse/mis-use.

You sure seem to spend a lot of effort arguing about it, though.

Why?

If these self-styled emperors want to
flap their new clothes in my direction, I'll just keep
on pointing out that they are NAKED (and ugly).

Perhaps they are simply holding up a mirror.....

Gee, Len, it's been more than three years since the ITU treaty changed.
Some countries have eliminated Morse Code testing, some haven't, and at
least one (Canada) has worked out a unique solution to the debate.
Meanwhile the USA rules on the subject haven't changed since 2000.

Are you frustrated because your will has not become law...yet?

[email protected] September 3rd 06 09:57 PM

wrote:

Now, now, "Slow," you are starting to sound like one of those
inbred bigoted morsemen in here.

Take YOUR beloved morse code test and shove it up YOUR ass.
Push real hard...there seems to be an obstruction there.
Must be your own four neurons in the way.

Beep, beep

Gee, Len....do you think posting that way will cause people to change
their minds and agree with you?

Do you think FCC would be convinced by such arguments?

Is that sort of posting your idea of how a "professional" behaves?

an old friend September 3rd 06 10:41 PM

From: an old friend on Sun, Sep 3 2006 10:09 am

From: Slow Code on Fri, Sep 1 2006 5:36 pm
" wrote in
Rick Frazier wrote:
seeking mental help. If you don't think you need therapy, how about
you get a life and if you are so Pro-CW, why aren't you on the bands
right now?

Excellent question, "Slow." Why didn't you answer it?

becuase the answer is that there is nobody on we wants to "talk' to

Or maybe nobody wants to talk to him... :-)

that too

the CW has seen the light that being they betrayed the ARS by listening
to the ARRL what 50 years ago

I don't think the ARRL "betrayed the ARS". I believe that they
sincerely thought that morsemanship was THEN a topmost skill
of US radio amtaeurs. Fifty years ago would be 1956 and not
long after the passing of ARRL co-founder (and president-for-
life) Hiram Percy Maxim. "T.O.M." used his editorial pages
to promote morsemanship in the 1920s and 1930s.

I think they betrayed it wether they meant to or not by as you will
sowing the seeds for the battles that were to follow

indeed in looking only back at Maxim I submit they betaryed even him

[...]

and therby betraying the fundental core of the service, a change that
needs to removed altogether if possible hence my fovoring a oe 2 class
license system with the prevedlges indentical to all the lclasses that
exist (with modern radio I reconize it may be needed to have some sort
of up or out license with 10 to do it becuase of the volume of material
but the classes should be equal in preveledge and the class should not
be a publicly accsable (except on an ARS wide) basis

[...]

and inccreasingly cold and unfeeling and failing to fufill the debt
they owe to those that came before them