Old October 13th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default New FCC Rules

"Dr.Ace" wrote in
:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.doc

The R&O released yesterday covers a plethora of stuff. Here are some
notes on things.

Novice bands eliminated. Novices/Tech+ have same CW Freqs as General on
80, 40, 15M. 80 and 40M.

Phone bands expanded, down to 3600 on 75M, down to 7125 on 40M.

Extra class phone segment on 75 expanded to 100kc (3600-3700), Advanced
class similarly gets 100kc (3700-3800), General will start at 3800.

This isn't in effect yet !!! But will be soon.

Ace - WH2T

It's clear the FCC and the ARRL want to drive out all good hams from the
service. Little by little they'll take away the non-phone portions of the
bands and hand it over to the appliance operators. Like a frog in a pot of
water that is raised to boiling point, one day us real hams will find we
have no place to communicate on the ham bands that doesn't sound like CB.
Apparently, I'm the only one seeing it coming. A ham who will stand for
nothing will sit for anything.

SC

Old October 13th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.radio.cb

Default clean up ham radio SC start by truning in your license

On Oct 12, 7:52*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 00:18:20 GMT, Slow Code wrote:
"Dr.Ace" wrote in
:

service. *clean up ham radio SC start by truning in your licensehttp://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

SC, have you been ****ing mork??

Old October 15th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
art art is offline

It is very usefull to all the good hams in prison when they are only
allowed a tin cup to rattle
in leau of a good conversation. They usually discard the tin cup when
released into the real world, except when begging!
Art

Slow Code wrote:
"Dr.Ace" wrote in
:

Old October 15th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Ron Ron is offline

This needed to be down years ago. Good to see the ARRL and the FCC are
listening to the active Amateurs and doing what the majority want.

Interesting to know that Phone operators are appliance operators and CW
operators are not. I guess the CW operators are all using Homebrew
equipment and if not then I hope at least that every one of them that
own a Yaesu FT-1000MP / D have done the CW modification and did it them
selves without senting it to a repair place ?

Old October 16th 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Ron wrote:
This needed to be down years ago. Good to see the ARRL and the FCC are
listening to the active Amateurs and doing what the majority want.

Interesting to know that Phone operators are appliance operators and CW
operators are not. I guess the CW operators are all using Homebrew
equipment and if not then I hope at least that every one of them that
own a Yaesu FT-1000MP / D have done the CW modification and did it them
selves without senting it to a repair place ?

the CW ops don't even need radios to get through remeber CW knowledge
is all you need not even radios according to some of Slow Codes posts

Old October 16th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

On 16 Oct 2006 00:21:58 -0700, "an_old_friend"
wrote:

Ron wrote:
This needed to be down years ago. Good to see the ARRL and the FCC are
listening to the active Amateurs and doing what the majority want.

Interesting to know that Phone operators are appliance operators and CW
operators are not. I guess the CW operators are all using Homebrew
equipment and if not then I hope at least that every one of them that
own a Yaesu FT-1000MP / D have done the CW modification and did it them
selves without senting it to a repair place ?

the CW ops don't even need radios to get through remeber CW knowledge
is all you need not even radios according to some of Slow Codes posts

Where is Slow Code? Haven't seen any posts from him all weekend. Maybe
he is busy working at Buger King.

Old October 17th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Ron wrote in :

This needed to be down years ago. Good to see the ARRL and the FCC are
listening to the active Amateurs and doing what the majority want.

Interesting to know that Phone operators are appliance operators and CW
operators are not. I guess the CW operators are all using Homebrew
equipment and if not then I hope at least that every one of them that
own a Yaesu FT-1000MP / D have done the CW modification and did it them
selves without senting it to a repair place ?

Anyone that made or is making an effort to be able to copy CW at 20
WPM, isn't going to have a problem having fun releasing a little solder
smoke building things. The old 20 wpm extras seem to me to get more out
of being a radio amateur than these latter day no-codes and nickle hams.
Maybe that is why we see people getting licensed and they leave the
service before their license even expires.

Getting a license and then leaving, that's not how it should be.

SC

Old October 17th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

john wrote in
:

wrote:

Ron wrote:
This needed to be down years ago. Good to see the ARRL and the FCC
are listening to the active Amateurs and doing what the majority want.

Interesting to know that Phone operators are appliance operators and
CW operators are not. I guess the CW operators are all using Homebrew
equipment and if not then I hope at least that every one of them that
own a Yaesu FT-1000MP / D have done the CW modification and did it
them selves without senting it to a repair place ?

the CW ops don't even need radios to get through remeber CW knowledge
is all you need not even radios according to some of Slow Codes posts

Where is Slow Code? Haven't seen any posts from him all weekend. Maybe
he is busy working at Buger King.

Yah, ready to eat? I got your whopper hang'en.

SC