Old November 4th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Default I feel sorry for CB'ers.

Their newsgroups are crap, and then when they turn their
radios on, they're forced to listen to even more crap.

SC
Old November 4th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Slow Code wrote:
Their newsgroups are crap, and then when they turn their
radios on, they're forced to listen to even more crap.

SC

And it's all some alpha-hotel hams!

I find that people who will sit behind a microphone and talk to strangers
to be the same type of people no matter if they're hams or CB'ers.

I find myself turning my CB on just to hear people that don't run their
mouth from the same script every time they key their mike and to talk to
people without that "holier then thou" attitude.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

-Scott, in the group and back to you... (HI-HI)

( a Part 95 & Part 97 user )
Old November 4th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
-Scott, in the group and back to you... (HI-HI)

Is that some sort of 2 meter lingo?
Old November 4th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:
-Scott, in the group and back to you... (HI-HI)

Is that some sort of 2 meter lingo?

Yup! The stupidest thing I hear. It's a CW abbreviation for laughing!
Just f'ing laugh if you say something funny. The guy that always says
that doesn't even know code and he always uses the same script.

I'd give him grief, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and
he genuinely wants to be helpful, helps the old folks and all.
He means well, so I leave him be.
Old November 4th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:
-Scott, in the group and back to you... (HI-HI)

Is that some sort of 2 meter lingo?

Yup! The stupidest thing I hear. It's a CW abbreviation for laughing!
Just f'ing laugh if you say something funny. The guy that always says
that doesn't even know code and he always uses the same script.

I'd give him grief, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and
he genuinely wants to be helpful, helps the old folks and all.
He means well, so I leave him be.

Good to go with the hi hi then, rock on I suppose. Two meters is a retard
band tho, especially when it's cross-posted to rrcb. Those asshats wash my
cars.

Old November 4th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:
-Scott, in the group and back to you... (HI-HI)

Is that some sort of 2 meter lingo?

Yup! The stupidest thing I hear. It's a CW abbreviation for laughing!
Just f'ing laugh if you say something funny. The guy that always says
that doesn't even know code and he always uses the same script.

I'd give him grief, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and
he genuinely wants to be helpful, helps the old folks and all.
He means well, so I leave him be.

Good to go with the hi hi then, rock on I suppose. Two meters is a retard
band tho, especially when it's cross-posted to rrcb. Those asshats wash my
cars.

2 meter simplex can sound a lot like CB. Repeaters are way too stuffy.
Now 440 only repeaters are a different story. Whole 'nother crowd.
I guess 6 meters will have a different crowd. That's the only neat
thing ham radio has going for it, if you don't like one band, just
go to another. CB is just another band of frequencies and a group
of folks that use it. Each band is unique.

I've never said one has to abandon CB for HAM or vise-versa.

No one group has the market cornered on stupidity!
Old November 4th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:
[...]

Good point. N8WWM has almost cornered stupidity, in my brief time here.

Living in welfare sub'd apartments prolly crimps a guys antenna footprint
too tho.
Old November 4th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

No one group has the market cornered on stupidity!

Good point. N8WWM has almost cornered stupidity, in my brief time here.

Living in welfare sub'd apartments prolly crimps a guys antenna footprint
too tho.

It cramps HAMS too! That can be a good thing.

The Gov in this state has realized the usefulness of HAM radio in emergencies,
and is working on a bill to allow hams to erect resonable antennas to help out.

I could put up an 11 meter antenna and say it's for 10.

Also, now the Red Cross wants background checks from mybackgroundcheck.com and
that is causing one big stink!
Old November 4th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
No one group has the market cornered on stupidity!

Good point. N8WWM has almost cornered stupidity, in my brief time here.

Living in welfare sub'd apartments prolly crimps a guys antenna
footprint too tho.

It cramps HAMS too! That can be a good thing.

The Gov in this state has realized the usefulness of HAM radio in
emergencies, and is working on a bill to allow hams to erect resonable
antennas to help out.

I could put up an 11 meter antenna and say it's for 10.

Also, now the Red Cross wants background checks from
mybackgroundcheck.com and that is causing one big stink!

Punch dogie adair into mybackgroundcheck.com and stand back for the tilt!

Old November 4th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Punch dogie adair into mybackgroundcheck.com and stand back for the tilt!

They've already installed a "no-no" cookie in his computer!!!!!!!