Old February 12th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Don't you realize that Technician class is not bigger?

On Feb 12, 2:46?am, wrote:
On Feb 12, 12:24?am, "

From: Leo on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:38:34 -0500
From: Leo on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:25:53 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:49:50 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:35:00 -0500
From: Leo on Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:03:16 -0500
On 7 Feb 2007 15:29:04 -0800, wrote:
On Feb 7, 4:40?pm, Leo wrote:
On 7 Feb 2007 03:25:23 -0800, wrote:

Rounding off 49.46% to two integers is 49%.

Yes it IS! :-)

There, you happy now, ****y little pedant? :-)

Tsk. The things one must do to keep these little a-souls
happy in here... :-(

Old February 12th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default shove it Jim

On Feb 12, 9:30�am, wrote:

On Feb 12, 12:24?am, "
From: Leo on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:38:34 -0500
From: Leo on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:25:53 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:49:50 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:35:00 -0500
From: Leo on Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:03:16 -0500
On Feb 7, 4:40?pm, Leo wrote:
On 7 Feb 2007 03:25:23 -0800, wrote:

*Technician and Technician Plus together = 351,811 or 49.46%

*50% of 711,274 is exactly 355,637 or 3,826 more than 351,811.

That's right.

But your claim was that Technicians outnumbered
all other license classes combined.

They don't.

* * * *f Spanky wants to say that 49.46% is NOT
* *EXACTLY 50% then he
*7ould be technically right,
* *but ten kinds of WRONG on judging
*0eople.

50.54% is more than 49.46%, Len.

You asked:

"Don't you realize that Technician class is now bigger
than ALL other US license classes combined?"

And I replied:

I don't realize it, because it's not true.

And it isn't.

Note: Rounding off 49.46% to two integers *IS* 50%!

No, Len, it's not.

Rounding off 49.46% to two integers is 49%.

You made another factual error!

you title was not addressed by your content

Mark, it isn't safe to correct the "reknowned amateur historian."

He might put on his Habit and spank your knuckles with her
ruler.

Once in a while one must deliberately insert a "wrong" phrase
to make them happy. They are happiest when they feel they
are "superior." :-)

Poor guy (or whatever) is just unhappy about LOSING the
R&O. We all have to do our part in trying to make them
happy and content in their "superiority."

Yank, yank, push, push, oh what a relief they get... :-)

LA

Old February 12th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Alka-Seltzer for the Superiors

Old February 12th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Leo Leo is offline

On 12 Feb 2007 10:09:31 -0800, "
wrote:

On Feb 12, 2:46?am, wrote:
On Feb 12, 12:24?am, "

From: Leo on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:38:34 -0500
From: Leo on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:25:53 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:49:50 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:35:00 -0500
From: Leo on Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:03:16 -0500
On Feb 7, 4:40?pm, Leo wrote:
On 7 Feb 2007 03:25:23 -0800, wrote:

Rounding off 49.46% to two integers is 49%.

Yes it IS! :-)

There, you happy now, ****y little pedant? :-)

Tsk. The things one must do to keep these little a-souls
happy in here... :-(

You could ask him about rounding 238,000 off to 250,000........

73, Leo

Old February 12th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 12, 1:49�pm, Leo wrote:
On 12 Feb 2007 10:09:31 -0800, "

wrote:
On Feb 12, 2:46?am, wrote:
On Feb 12, 12:24?am, "

From: Leo on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:38:34 -0500
From: Leo on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:25:53 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:49:50 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:35:00 -0500
From: Leo on Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:03:16 -0500
On Feb 7, 4:40?pm, Leo wrote:
On 7 Feb 2007 03:25:23 -0800, wrote:

Rounding off 49.46% to two integers is 49%.

* Yes it IS! * :-)

* There, you happy now, ****y little pedant? * *:-)

* Tsk. *The things one must do to keep these little a-souls
* happy in here... :-(

You could ask him about rounding 238,000 off to 250,000........ *

Only if he agrees to join Alice Kramden there... :-)

LA

Old February 13th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Quantity Over Quality (Was: Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...)

On Feb 12, 1:03 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 11, 10:03?pm, Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:
? ?My Lacrosse radio wrist-watch is accurate to one second
? ?plus/minus per day, thanks to the 60 KHz time signal from
? ?Fort Collins, CO. ?Probably "not good enough" for Cranky
? ?Spanky... ?There's just NO satisfyin' these cry babies.

Well, if it isn't Dick Tracy! ?I think that's about as close to amateur
radio as you'll get.

Dave K8MN

Spanky, spanky! :-)

Little red-hatted morse monkey rattles his tin cup again
after Cranky grinds his organ.

I think Brian is on to something when he asked you about
"visiting a men's room"...

And speaks from his rear.

Old February 13th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 12, 4:13 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

I think Brian is on to something when he asked you about
"visiting a men's room"...

I didn't bring up visiting a men's room, Mr. Cheese (who is Brian?) did.
You seem interested in the topic too. I responded to a post about Post
Office boxes and I was flabbergasted when the talk turned to men's rooms.

You changed the subject to places you've never visited. I'm
flabbergasted that you've never visited a PO Box or the men's room.

Old February 13th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 12, 6:22�pm, wrote:

wrote:
? ?My Lacrosse radio wrist-watch is accurate to one second
? ?plus/minus per day, thanks to the 60 KHz time signal from
? ?Fort Collins, CO. ?Probably "not good enough" for Cranky
? ?Spanky... ?There's just NO satisfyin' these cry babies.

Well, if it isn't Dick Tracy! ?I think that's about as close to amateur
radio as you'll get.

Dave K8MN

* *Spanky, spanky! * :-)

* *Little red-hatted morse monkey rattles his tin cup again
* *after Cranky grinds his organ.

* *I think Brian is on to something when he asked you about
* *"visiting a men's room"...

And speaks from his rear.

Welp, that sure explains his Brain Farts in here! :-)

:-)

LA

Old February 13th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Leo Leo is offline

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:12:59 -0500, Leo wrote:

On 8 Feb 2007 18:01:57 -0800, wrote:

On Feb 8, 8:40?pm, Leo wrote:
On 8 Feb 2007 17:35:24 -0800, wrote:

On Feb 8, 5:35?pm, Leo wrote:
As far out as the Moon, I'll bet - say, how far is that, anyway?

About 250,000 miles. Varies because the orbit is not a perfect circle.

have conflicting figures here from
some 'engineer' in this group, who
will remain useless.....

Who is that, Leo?

That was you.

No, it wasn't. You are mistaken, Leo.

I'm sorry, Jim - you are incorrect ..... once again!

I have posted the approximate distance from the earth to the moon here
a few times. 250,000 miles, each time.

A bit too approximate, OM - it varies considerably as the distance
changes during the orbit cycle:

Mean distance: 238,712 miles
At apogee: 252,586 miles
At perigee: 221,331 miles

That's a 11% error rate at perigee, and approaching a 5% error rate
at mean distance. Not too far off at apogee, though - perhaps we can
get someone to hold it still for you?

You're definitely well within amateur-level expectations, but not
likely to cut it at the MSEE level, though.....

But you were much closer than you were with your Mars calculations!
One of them went over a 100% error rate.

(just in case you forgot again, you can find that one with Google if
you search the groups for the following subject line: " European
Mars probe to use 80meters to look for Martian water?" - August 7,
2004, to be precise).

You're welcome!

Ptoooey - did you forget?

Ptoooey?

Ptoooey.

No signoff again? Bad form!

73, Leo

(why be 'approximate' when exact is so easy?)

No reply? Worse form....

(how can someone argue vehemently an error of only 0.04% in one
thread, and be as much as 11 percent out in this one - and over 100
percent in another?? That just ain't logical!!)

35, Leo