Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 27th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...

To Whom It May Concern:

Let us take a little bit better look at this “unwritten policy” here,
see if we can make any logical analysis about it—get the “feel” for it,
if you will.

First, there are quite a bit of threads which make up the
rec.radio.amateur.??? “family of threads”:
rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
rec.radio.amateur.dx
rec.radio.amateur.equipment
rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
rec.radio.amateur
rec.radio.amateur.misc
rec.radio.amateur.packet

Do you see one which is close to say “rec.radio.amateur.new-licensees?”
Or, “rec.radio.amateur.license .help?” "rec.radio.amateur.recruitment?"

No, you will not find a one. Sorry thing …

So, let us examine the existing threads, do any seem to be active in new
recruitment/licence help? No, you don’t see much of that either.

OK. So, examine them again, see may of these threads engaged in dialog
about how to recruit and spark interest in potential-new licensees? No,
not much of that either …

Hmmm, so what do we see?

We see a bunch of protective, selfish, self-serving individuals out to
protect their “turf!”

Now, why don’t we have more “new-blood” here? What, speak up, I can’t
seem to hear you?

Well, I’ll make one exception, Dee, she has expressed some desire,
willing to attempt and willingness towards the above.

What we really have is a bunch of these
"high-mighty-self-centered-jerks" attempting to get their new club house
built and escape there firmly shutting the door behind them, so as to
BAR any of the above from occurring.

Or, as Cecil would say, SWEET!

And you doubt Len? Really?

Regards,