Old January 30th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 30, 12:28 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
When certain Extras tell me how to conduct my amateur life all the
while scarfing up a bunch of "club" calls, DX calls, and vanity calls,
then I see them as thinking they are somehow much more priveleged than
the next guy...

If you're the next guy, I'm much more privileged than you. Pass the
exams, Mr. Cheese. You too can be more privileged.

Mr Deignan's priveleges went beyond those authorized. Riley had to
reel him back in. Put him on the straight and narrow...

but he's still got a big mouth and a Hawaiin callsign.

By the way, I scarfed up a number of DX calls. I hope you don't mind.

Not at all. You were there, Mr DX. I approve.

Mr Deignan was there in PO Box only.

Did you loan out your PO Box to folks who wanted a cool Tanzanian call
sign? Did you get a cool Guam call sign having never been to Guam,
then pretend to Lecture people on how to run their amateur lives?

Old January 30th 07, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Jan 29, 10:40 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

"KC4UAI" wrote:

So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by
virtue of my license class? Nope

Oddly enough, virtually all the "extras" I met during my tenure as a
"non-extra" didn't consider themselves Einsteins either. Now that I'm an
Extra, I do not consider myself an Einstein either.

It seems that only a small subset of hams (and non-hams) who post to this
forum seem to run into these self-proclaimed Einstein Extras.

But then, if you read their postings long enough, you'll begin to
understand that this bias towards Extras really isn't due to the fact
these extras are self-proclaimed Einsteins, but rather the fact that these
Extras passed a 20wpm code test at one point or another.

73
kh6hz

I believe the bias goes even deeper. Even if code were not an issue, that
bias would still exist simply because the Extra has met a higher written
requirement too.

Dee, I believe you are the first Extra to recognize that not all
writtens are the same. Since the beginning of the code debate, and
now with the passing of the code exam, we are made to believe that the
writtens are a mere insignificant formality and all the real content
was in the code exam.

Of course that's not true. Thank you for being and Extra and pointing
that out. You are a No Code Technician in spirit!

In today's society, it seems to be politically incorrect
to have acquired more knowledge than someone else.

Dee, N8UZE

Never. Just don't equate the Extra exam or having Extraness as if it
were an engineering degree. We'll get along Quitefine.

Old January 30th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Jan 30, 12:23 am, Dave Heil wrote:

That doesn't make any sense, Mr. Cheese. I've never had a French radio
amateur tell me that he is operating outside his authorized frequency
allocation.

That's good because it would make no difference to you. You'd tell
him where to send the greenstamp(s).

In fact, I've never had a French (or any other nationality)
radio amateur make a point of telling me that he is operating *inside*
his authorized allocation.

I'll bet you've never had one tell you that he's operating outside his
frequency allocation, either.

Old January 30th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Jan 30, 12:23 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 29, 2:12 pm, wrote:
On 29 Jan 2007 03:45:35 -0800, wrote:

On Jan 29, 12:39 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.
Hair-brained, was it?
Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?
Dave K8MN
Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?
could be I supose but not liked unless his once decent sence has
burned out by his working with BPL

I'm supposed to be bowing to Dave's superior ability at splitting
hairs. I can only hope he didn't skin his knee.

I've split a few hares in my time.

Dave K8MN

Some think that's all you do.

Old January 30th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
"an old friend" spewed forth the following excrement:

please stop the flowing of of the Bull****

If I knew of a way to shut off your ISP, I would.

tey want me two led man intwo batle

Old January 30th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Dee Flint" wrote

I believe the bias goes even deeper. Even if code were not an
issue, that bias would still exist simply because the Extra has met
a higher written requirement too. In today's society, it seems to be
politically incorrect to have acquired more knowledge than someone else.

You're probably correct. Now that the morse requirement is gone, the focus
will turn towards something else.

What I've observed (particularly in this forum) is a great deal of
resentment towards extra-class operators, coupled with derogatory comments
regarding morse-code and its use as a licensing requirement.

The whole claim of "Einstein Extras" is one mere example.

There are people who are in all walks of life who think they know
everything. That some of those people are bound to have extra-class ham
licenses.

99.99% of the time when I encounter those types of people, I do my best to
avoid them, and do not let their ignorance cloud my judgement against an
entire class of person. It is too bad some folks in this forum cannot do the
same, and enjoy interacting with others, rather than going out of their way
to be combative and antagonistic.

73
kh6hz

Old January 31st 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Tues, Jan 30 2007 3:40 am

wrote:
[...]

Mr. DX was able to "scarf up DX calls" courtesy of WORKING
IN THE STATE DEPARTMENT and getting DIPLOMATIC COURTESY from
foreign nations. Any way one slices it, Herr Oberst was
able to do that while being EMPLOYED at work that was NOT
devoted to amateur radio. DIPLOMATIC COURTESY.

Did der Robust Oberst ACTUALLY TAKE THOSE FOREIGN AMATEUR
RADIO TESTS...IN THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGES? Hard to say
but it is likely he will not, nor ever, admit that
DIPLOMATIC COURTESY was the major via for that "scarfing."

It went well beyond the "three hots and a cot" enjoyed by
long-ago military radio operators who've been in here and
bailed...the military that taught them morsemanship.

The State Department EMPLOYMENT served the government, but
using that as a cover for "scarfing up" foreign callsigns
is not an "achievement" of himself. I agree that it is
less reprehensible than going into collusion with another
amateur extra to falsify the intent, spirit of law to gain
personal emotional advantage of having non-existant club
trusteeships.

But, Heil was with the government and thinks he's here to
"help." Ptui.

LA