Old February 1st 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Schlecks' Schlock!

On Feb 1, 1:03 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 30, 11:50 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

He's here when the bands are closed. That's all.
Careful about getting caught up in the factual errors. I worked quite a
number of Europeans on 160m the past four evenings.

Dave K8MN

Careful about getting caught up in your own catch-22s.

Did the DXer lower himself to working a contest? I recall one
notorious DXer saying that working DX in a Contest isn't DXing.

I hope you aren't going to try to attribute such a statement to me.
I never wrote any such thing. There's plenty of DX to be worked in a
contest.

You're damned right there is.

I've been contesting since before I ever chased DX.

Have you ever heard a new one during an IOTA contest?

BTW, were you using your small loops to recieve?

No.

Dave K8MN

What were you using?

Old February 1st 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 1, 2:18 am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:03 am, Dave Heil wrote:

Careful about getting caught up in your own catch-22s.

Did the DXer lower himself to working a contest? I recall one
notorious DXer saying that working DX in a Contest isn't DXing.

I hope you aren't going to try to attribute such a statement to me.
I never wrote any such thing. There's plenty of DX to be worked in a
contest. I've been contesting since before I ever chased DX.

paranoia prehaps?

Paranoid? Paranoid that his words will come back to haunt him.

The record will show him making such a claim.

Old February 1st 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Jan 31, 12:30 am, "
wrote:
On Jan 30, wrote:

On Jan 29, 10:40 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

"KC4UAI" wrote:

So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by
virtue of my license class? ?Nope

Oddly enough, virtually all the "extras" I met during my tenure as a
"non-extra" didn't consider themselves Einsteins either. Now that I'm an
Extra, I do not consider myself an Einstein either.

It seems that only a small subset of hams (and non-hams) who post to this
forum seem to run into these self-proclaimed Einstein Extras.

But then, if you read their postings long enough, you'll begin to
understand that this bias towards Extras really isn't due to the fact
these extras are self-proclaimed Einsteins, but rather the fact that these
Extras passed a 20wpm code test at one point or another.

73
kh6hz

I believe the bias goes even deeper. ?Even if code were not an issue, that
bias would still exist simply because the Extra has met a higher written
requirement too. ?

Dee, I believe you are the first Extra to recognize that not all
writtens are the same. ?Since the beginning of the code debate, and
now with the passing of the code exam, we are made to believe that the
writtens are a mere insignificant formality and all the real content
was in the code exam.

Of course that's not true. ?Thank you for being and Extra and pointing
that out. ?You are a No Code Technician in spirit!

In today's society, it seems to be politically incorrect
to have acquired more knowledge than someone else.

Dee, N8UZE

Never. ?Just don't equate the Extra exam or having Extraness as if it
were an engineering degree. ?We'll get along Quitefine.

...and if we send like Slow Code... :-)

Who knows how Vince sends code? I sure don't.

Hopefully he doesn't send code poorly so that a No Code Technician
with a computer can't copy it.

Old February 2nd 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 1, 1:12 pm, wrote:
On 1 Feb 2007 03:54:52 -0800, wrote:

On Feb 1, 2:18 am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:03 am, Dave Heil wrote:

Careful about getting caught up in your own catch-22s.

Did the DXer lower himself to working a contest? I recall one
notorious DXer saying that working DX in a Contest isn't DXing.

I hope you aren't going to try to attribute such a statement to me.
I never wrote any such thing. There's plenty of DX to be worked in a
contest. I've been contesting since before I ever chased DX.

paranoia prehaps?

Paranoid? Paranoid that his words will come back to haunt him.

nah not that after all you and I are unable to truly understand His
word

The record will show him making such a claim.

and he deny it as always

Now, now. You might be found guilty of profiling.

Old February 2nd 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
He's here when the bands are closed. That's all.
Careful about getting caught up in the factual errors. I worked quite a
number of Europeans on 160m the past four evenings.
Dave K8MN
Careful about getting caught up in your own catch-22s.
Did the DXer lower himself to working a contest? I recall one
notorious DXer saying that working DX in a Contest isn't DXing.
I hope you aren't going to try to attribute such a statement to me.
I never wrote any such thing. There's plenty of DX to be worked in a
contest.

You're damned right there is.

I thought I just said there is.

Are you now unsure?

I've been contesting since before I ever chased DX.

Have you ever heard a new one during an IOTA contest?

An IOTA contest? I've never participated in an IOTA contest. I have no
interest in Islands On The Air.

Of course not. No islands are on the ten most wanted list.

BTW, were you using your small loops to recieve?

No.

Dave K8MN

What were you using?

My transmit antenna.

Dave K8MN

You're full of yourself.

Old February 2nd 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
He's here when the bands are closed. That's all.
Careful about getting caught up in the factual errors. I worked quite a
number of Europeans on 160m the past four evenings.
Dave K8MN
Careful about getting caught up in your own catch-22s.
Did the DXer lower himself to working a contest? I recall one
notorious DXer saying that working DX in a Contest isn't DXing.
I hope you aren't going to try to attribute such a statement to me.
I never wrote any such thing. There's plenty of DX to be worked in a
contest.
You're damned right there is.

I thought I just said there is.

Are you now unsure?

It just seemed like there was an echo in here.

I've been contesting since before I ever chased DX.

Have you ever heard a new one during an IOTA contest?

An IOTA contest? I've never participated in an IOTA contest. I have no
interest in Islands On The Air.

Of course not. No islands are on the ten most wanted list.

I didn't write that I have no interest in islands on the air. I wrote
that I have no interest in Islands On The Air. Do you know what is on
the 10 mosted needed countries list or the 100 most needed countries
list? Do you know which countries I need or which band or mode on which
I need them?

BTW, were you using your small loops to recieve?

No.
Dave K8MN
What were you using?

My transmit antenna.

You're full of yourself.

You still act like a guy with a chip on your shoulder. You asked a
question. I answered it. You asked another question. I answered it.
Do you have a problem with that?

Dave K8MN