Old February 2nd 07, 11:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Schlecks' Schlock!

On Feb 2, 5:56 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:12 pm, wrote:
On 1 Feb 2007 03:54:52 -0800, wrote:

On Feb 1, 2:18 am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:03 am, Dave Heil wrote:
Careful about getting caught up in your own catch-22s.
Did the DXer lower himself to working a contest? I recall one
notorious DXer saying that working DX in a Contest isn't DXing.
I hope you aren't going to try to attribute such a statement to me.
I never wrote any such thing. There's plenty of DX to be worked in a
contest. I've been contesting since before I ever chased DX.
paranoia prehaps?
Paranoid? Paranoid that his words will come back to haunt him.
nah not that after all you and I are unable to truly understand His
word

The record will show him making such a claim.
and he deny it as always

Now, now. You might be found guilty of profiling.

Have you or the fellow with numerous issues found a quote yet?

Dave K8MN

Have you or other issue laden persons seen me looking?

Old February 2nd 07, 11:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 2, 5:55 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 1, 12:52 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:03 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 30, 11:50 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
He's here when the bands are closed. That's all.
Careful about getting caught up in the factual errors. I worked quite a
number of Europeans on 160m the past four evenings.
Dave K8MN
Careful about getting caught up in your own catch-22s.
Did the DXer lower himself to working a contest? I recall one
notorious DXer saying that working DX in a Contest isn't DXing.
I hope you aren't going to try to attribute such a statement to me.
I never wrote any such thing. There's plenty of DX to be worked in a
contest.

You're damned right there is.

I thought I just said there is.

Are you now unsure?

It just seemed like there was an echo in here.

Things are not always as they seem.

I've been contesting since before I ever chased DX.
Have you ever heard a new one during an IOTA contest?
An IOTA contest? I've never participated in an IOTA contest. I have no
interest in Islands On The Air.

Of course not. No islands are on the ten most wanted list.

I didn't write that I have no interest in islands on the air. I wrote
that I have no interest in Islands On The Air. Do you know what is on
the 10 mosted needed countries list or the 100 most needed countries
list? Do you know which countries I need or which band or mode on which
I need them?

Did I say I knew which countries you need or which band/mode you
needed them on?

BTW, were you using your small loops to recieve?

No.
Dave K8MN
What were you using?
My transmit antenna.

You're full of yourself.

You still act like a guy with a chip on your shoulder.

I recognized prickish behavior and said something about it.

You asked a
question. I answered it. You asked another question. I answered it.
Do you have a problem with that?

Dave K8MN

Do you have a problem?

Old February 2nd 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
[...]

You don't say much of anything really.
1 P5 North Korea
2 VU4 Andaman & Nicobar
3 BS7H Scarborough Reef
4 VU7 Lakshadweep Isls
5 VP8/S South Sandwich I
6 3Y Peter I Island
7 7O Yemen
8 FR/J Juan de Nova
9 VK9M Mellish Reef
10 KH1 Baker & Howland I

Maybe someone will go to one of the needed islands for an IOTA contest
if you lobby hard.

BTW, were you using your small loops to recieve?
No.
Dave K8MN
What were you using?
My transmit antenna.
You're full of yourself.

You still act like a guy with a chip on your shoulder.

I recognized prickish behavior and said something about it.

I see. Would it have made you happier had I not used my transmit antenna?

You asked a
question. I answered it. You asked another question. I answered it.
Do you have a problem with that?

Do you have a problem?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I can't make up my mind whether we
should go with short ribs or buffalo wings for the Super Bowl feast.

Dave K8MN
Old February 2nd 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
[...]

I gave you the 2001 list earlier. Here's the Fall 2006 top ten:

1 BS7 SCARBOROUGH 1
2 VU7 LAKSHADWEEP 2
3 P5 NORTH KOREA 3
4 7O YEMEN 5
5 KP1 NAVASSA 6
6 FR/G GLORIOSO 9
7 3Y/B BOUVET 8
8 KP5 DESECHEO 7
9 ZS8 MARION ISLAND 12
10 VKØ/H HEARD ISLAND 13

I need numbers 1, 3 and 6.

Should I use my transmit antenna for receiving? Would it offend you if
I have optional antennas for transmitting/receiving?

Dave K8MN

Old February 2nd 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
[...]

Your work is incomplete. Band/Mode?

Maybe someone will go to one of the needed islands for an IOTA contest
if you lobby hard.

Hans seems to have the most success in the lobbying department.

BTW, were you using your small loops to recieve?
No.
Dave K8MN
What were you using?
My transmit antenna.
You're full of yourself.
You still act like a guy with a chip on your shoulder.

I recognized prickish behavior and said something about it.

I see. Would it have made you happier had I not used my transmit antenna?

"Name here is name..."
"QTH here is qth..."
"Antenna here is antenna..."

You're about as interesting here as you are on the air.

You asked a
question. I answered it. You asked another question. I answered it.
Do you have a problem with that?

Do you have a problem?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I can't make up my mind whether we
should go with short ribs or buffalo wings for the Super Bowl feast.

Dave K8MN

Make everyone happy and get both.

Old February 2nd 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Dave Heil" wrote:

I can't make up my mind whether we should go with short ribs or buffalo
wings for the Super Bowl feast.

Short ribs. Slow cooked for 24 hours in a crock pot.

Absolutely no question about it.

73
kh6hz

Old February 2nd 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:12 pm, wrote:
[...]

I've never seen you, looking or not. *You made a claim, added a couple
of additional snide comments. *You've not backed it up as it isn't
factual. *

Dave,

It's a safe bet that there will be no evidence presented to back up
that "contesting isn't DXing" claim by "hot-ham-and-cheese".

That's because he just doesn't *do* that. He makes inaccurate claims
that somebody wrote something, but when challenged, does not provide
any quotes or other objective evidence.

For example, he has claimed that I misstated the distance from the
earth to the moon here. That's not true, but he won't admit it.

I would think that you'd want to produce evidence that your
statement has merit.

You are mistaken, Dave. It's not about producing evidence or proving
the merit of his statements.

It's about "hot-ham-and-cheese" getting attention.

73 de Jim, N2EY

btw: Short Ribs, slow cooked. One pot mild, one pot spicy.

Old February 2nd 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:

That's because he just doesn't *do* that. He makes inaccurate claims
that somebody wrote something, but when challenged, does not provide
any quotes or other objective evidence.

Several posters believe that making snide, one-line "snippets" make them
witty, while they sit behind their keyboard laughing at their own genius.

Naturally, it ****es them off to no end that soon, with the moderated
newsgroup, they will no longer have that ability.

Perhaps if they actually conversed in a dialogue, they'd get some enjoyment
from this aspect of ham radio. However, I suspect that their real
involvement with ham radio consists of little more than what they contribute
to this forum -- nothing.

73
kh6hz

Old February 3rd 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:12 pm, wrote:
[...]

factual. I would think that you'd want to produce evidence that your
statement has merit.

Dave K8MN

You're free to post prickish remarks, yet I'm not free to do the
same?

You're also free to produce and post anything from the archives that
would show that I am wrong. Thanks.