RadioBanter

-   -   REPOST: 3rd RFD: rec.radio.amateur.moderated moderated (LAST CALL FOR COMMENTS) (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/115246-re-repost-3rd-rfd-rec-radio-amateur-moderated-moderated-last-call-comments.html)

[email protected] February 18th 07 11:14 PM

Let the Lying Begin, was: Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 18, 1:28 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Who was harmed by the assignment of those
vanity callsigns?

For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever trusteed for have
been "vanity" callsigns.

73
kh6hz

QRZ.COM disagrees.

Is the following callsign sequentially issued?

WE1RD Lookups: 434
MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION
39 SUTTON ST APT 1
PROVIDENCE RI 02903

KH6HZ February 18th 07 11:27 PM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote:

You must have missed the part where this is about the use of Jeffrey
Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii.

And poor Brian still cant post a single reference to a postal regulation
which stipulates a PO Box cannot be used by multiple people.

Poor, Poor, Brian.

KH6HZ February 18th 07 11:42 PM

Let the Lying Begin, was: Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote:

KH6HZ For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever
KH6HZ trusteed for have been "vanity" callsigns.

QRZ.COM disagrees.

Is the following callsign sequentially issued?

WE1RD Lookups: 434

I am not the trustee of that callsign.

My quoted statement above is 100% accurate to this day. None of the club
callsigns ever issued to me by the FCC have been vanity callsigns.

Try to fabricate a more believable post next time.

Paul W. Schlock February 19th 07 01:02 AM

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

You must have missed the part where this is about the use of Jeffrey
Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii.

And poor Brian still cant post a single reference to a postal regulation
which stipulates a PO Box cannot be used by multiple people.

Poor, Poor, Brian.

They don't care about facts. All they linger on are the accusations.

[email protected] February 19th 07 01:30 AM

License Numbers

On Feb 18, 2:07�pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
[snip]

QUOTE
* * Also, there are no non-code-tested Amateur Extras
* * at all. Not yet, anyway. That situation will soon
* * change - just watch the thread "ARS License
* * Numbers" for updates. Perhaps I will update the
* * numbers there more frequently than twice-per-
* * calendar-month. Perhaps not.
UNQUOTE

I, particularly, would find it very interesting to see
these numbers more
frequently for about the first two months or so.

I'll see what I can do, Dee.

The first possible test sessions under the new rules
will be February 23rd.
That first rush of upgrades will probably show up in
the FCC database within
a week and the balance of those in less than two
weeks. *I would expect the
big rush of upgrades to pretty much be done in two
to three months. *

All of that sounds very reasonable, but it's still a bunch
of very educated guesses. The 2000 changes brought
a flood of upgrades, but not a lot of new hams. But that
was almost seven years ago.

We will soon know for sure what the effects of the Feb 23
2007 changes will be.

wonder how many will stop at General and how many
will go on to Extra.

Since the written testing is not changing, the future
General-vs-Extra distribution may likely be about
the same as it is now.

My team is conducting a test session on February 23rd
here in our area.

That's excellent. My hat is off to your team, Dee.

*So
far, while the pre-registrations are up slightly, there's
been no massive rush (so far).

One data point - so far. I wonder what the overall picture
is like? Or how it will play out over the next several months?

We will soon see the exact numbers.

Please post the "ARS License Numbers" as of the 22nd
for the baseline for the pool.

I'll try to do that.

73 de Jim, N2EY

[email protected] February 19th 07 01:38 AM

On Feb 18, 1:28?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Who was harmed by the assignment of those
vanity callsigns?

For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever
trusteed for have been "vanity" callsigns.

Ooops - looks like I was mistaken about the vanity aspect.

If they were not vanity callsigns, then they were all sequentially
issued, right?

I will reword my questions, then:

Who was harmed by the assignment of those
sequentially-issued club callsigns?

If someone was harmed by the assignment of
those sequentially-issued club callsigns, how
were they harmed?

Have any of those callsigns been reissued, either
sequentially or through the vanity system?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Paul W. Schlock February 19th 07 01:55 AM

Another Morgasm

wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:02:55 -0500, "Paul W. Schlock"
MM@beerenemasrule wrote:

They don't care about facts. All they linger on are the accusations.

funny statement from someone lying and claiming to be someone he is
not

Not funny. True.

KH6HZ February 19th 07 02:12 AM

wrote:

Ooops - looks like I was mistaken about the vanity aspect.

No problem. Sometimes it is difficult to keep the "facts" separated from all
the "fabrication" Brian likes to dream up.

If they were not vanity callsigns, then they were all sequentially
issued, right?

That is correct.

Have any of those callsigns been reissued, either
sequentially or through the vanity system?

Not that I'm aware of. But then, I haven't checked either.

[email protected] February 19th 07 02:42 AM

On Feb 18, 8:38 pm, wrote:
On Feb 18, 1:28?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote: wrote:
Who was harmed by the assignment of those
vanity callsigns?

For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever
trusteed for have been "vanity" callsigns.

Ooops - looks like I was mistaken about the vanity aspect.

If they were not vanity callsigns, then they were all sequentially
issued, right?

Yes, nine (9) sequentially issued for Hawaii. Here's a query that I
ran in 1998 or 1999. Note the PO Box #... no wonder Jeff was working
hard to disassociate himself from the guy that hijacked his PO Box.

----------
Callsign lookup results for:

CALL "" NAME "DEIGNAN" CITY "" STATE "" ZIP "" LIMIT "0100"

Program v1.3 - 8 March 1997 -- Last database update 1998-08-02 11:02

KH6HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P LIC ISU 4-
DEC-1997
ADVANCED 136 NELSON ST LIC EXP 14-
OCT-2007
PROVIDENCE RI 02908 LST UPD 4-
DEC-1997

WH6DDR WAIKIKI WIRELESS ASSOCIATION LIC ISU 6-
MAR-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 6-
MAR-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 6-
MAR-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDQ MANANA ISLAND IOTA GROUP LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDP RF COMMANDOS HAWAII CHAPTER LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDN PACIFIC ISLE DX SOCIETY LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDO KAMAAINA KILOWATT CLUB LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDM GREATER HONOLULU QRP SOCIETY LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830-0282 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

KB1CCE RF COMMANDOS RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB 136 NELSON ST LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
PROVIDENCE RI 02908 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DCY CLOSED REPEATER COORDINATION SOCIETY LIC ISU 8-
JAN-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 8-
JAN-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830-0282 LST UPD 8-
JAN-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DCX MICHAEL P DEIGNAN AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATLIC ISU 7-
JAN-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 7-
JAN-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830-0282 LST UPD 7-
JAN-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

KB1AYF DEIGNAN, DIANE P LIC ISU 26-
OCT-1993
TECH PLUS 136 NELSON ST LIC EXP 26-
OCT-2003
PROVIDENCE RI 02908 LST UPD 24-
FEB-1996

Since the above does not, for some strange reason, give a return for
KD6HZ in
its own right, everyone may be wondering who KD6HZ is. So I
searched. The
database said the call has been changed to KH6HZ. And who is KH6HZ?
Well,
none other than:

HamCallTM Query Results:
KH6HZ

Michael P. Deignan
136 Nelson St
Providence, RI 02908

License Class: Advanced

------------------
I will reword my questions, then:

Why? Deignan has been busted, and your support of him is noted.

1) KD1HZ, 2) KD6HZ, 3) KH6HZ (Sequential??? Highly UNLIKLEY)

4) WH6DDR, 5) WH6DDQ, 6) WH6DDP, 7) WH6DDM, 8) WH6DDN, 9) WH6DDO,
10) WH6DCX, 11) WH6DCY, 12) KB1CCE, 13) WE1RD MICHAEL P DEIGNAN
REPEATER ASSOCIATION

[email protected] February 19th 07 02:47 AM

On Feb 18, 8:02 pm, "Paul W. Schlock" MM@beerenemasrule wrote:
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

... wrote:

You must have missed the part where this is about the use of Jeffrey
Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii.

And poor Brian still cant post a single reference to a postal regulation
which stipulates a PO Box cannot be used by multiple people.

Poor, Poor, Brian.

They don't care about facts. All they linger on are the accusations.

KH6HZ

MICHAEL P DEIGNAN
706 S. Rodney French Blvd
New Bedford MA 02744

WE1RD Lookups: 434
MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION
39 SUTTON ST APT 1
PROVIDENCE RI 02903

Callsign: KB1CCE Class: Club Codes: HAB USA
Name: RF COMMANDOS RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER
Addr1: 156 Gazza Road
Addr2: Chepachet, RI 02814
Country: USA
Effective: 30 May 2000 Expires: 20 Feb 2007 Online Renewals...
FCC: ULS Listing
Trustee: KH6HZ, MICHAEL P DEIGNAN

To freshen everyone's memory, here is a current search of the name,
"Deignan:"

Click for
map
Country Info