RadioBanter

-   -   The First 13 Days of the Revolution (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/116269-first-13-days-revolution.html)

Dean M March 11th 07 02:25 PM

libel and VE Testing

wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:11:28 -0400, "KH6HZ" wrote:
If you feel there is adequate demand for more than 2 test sessions per
year
in Chasell, then you're welcome to take the requisite examinations, obtain
VE certifications, and form your own VE team.

Now indeed I am or more properly soon will be

You can't even read at a 1st grade level without screwing up. How the hell
are you going to be able to grade papers without making mistakes.

I'm sorry, you didn't pass but you got 45 out of 35 wrong. Don't argue with
me..I have a 249 IQ and was a commissioned, yet drafted officer in the CSA
Chemical Corpse

Know give me another $14 and shut up Just remember EVA A MA I and now
what's what

I can guess the ARRL will not have anything to do with you I can imagine
that Fred will be happy to take you money to make you a VE right up until
the first complaint from a person taking a test who is unhappy with how you
run things

Here's a banana. Do with it as you will...WAIT...never mind, I'd rather not
know what YOU"D do with a banana

Have you ever thought of taking your act on the road? I hear Vaudeville is
making a comeback (no pun intended there Marcus) and you'd fit in great. Or
perhaps, you could be the Circus Geek

See the Drafted Commissioned Officer...See the man with a 249 IQ who can't
spell or read..See what be does to a bat..Marvel that he can even stand
upright

A new career perhaps?? time will tell

ta ta to the next Batman villain Spammer Man See Spammer man post 100's of
messages a day..sometimes even minutes from when the first poster hits send
See Spammer Man morph into Professional Victim Man..who's strange powers
are....Strange

it's now 7:20 am Marcus. Let's time how fats you can reply to this and
100's of others posts

Dean M March 11th 07 02:38 PM

VE Testing Rules

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 11, 9:35 am, "Dean M" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 10, 8:32 pm, "Dean M" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

On Mar 10, 11:29 am, "Dean M" wrote:

How's that report on me going. Should be at least 500 words double
spaced

The report was completed back when I said I made it.

I so doubt that. You're all bluster like your trainer

I so don't care. But here's an interesting little factoid so that
you'll sleep better at night:

You asked for my State's Attorney General and I gave his info to you,
but I had merely reported you to your ISP.

Oh my gosh gee whiz there Bry You stated previously that you reported
this
to the Ohio AG.

No. You jumped to a conclusion because you're a paranoid little
freak. I let you work under a false assumption all this time.

I did HHmmmm This post from your stubby little fingered keyboard sez you're
wrong

Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy
Date: 10 Feb 2007 18:52:28 -0800
Subject: Schlecks' Schlock!
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
On Feb 10, 11:38 am, "Dean M" wrote:

why? don;t you like getting male

"Getting male?" Are you a pervert?

Suspicious US mail is opened by the postal inspector.

Suspicious packages from other carriers get opened by the Sheriff.

Harassing emails are both forwarded to the state attorney general, and
printed and mailed to the attorney general.

Your stalking is now documented. Proceed at your own risk. Best of
Luck.

Note the mention of attorney general at least twice

Now you back pedal and state you reported to my ISP. Which
one is the truth there Bry? Taking lessions from Marcus Stupideous I C.

No backpedalling. I'm just not responsible for how your freaky little
mind works.

Backpedaliing. Classic example Now you'll refute

No problem, My ISP, if indeeed I am posting from them gave you comlaint
the
same weight and thoght as I imagine the Ohio AG did NONE!!!! ha ha he he

I never contacted the AG's office. You made that assumption up all by
yourself.

See above Oh that's right You're Bluster Man. Say one thing but don't do
another. Kinda like when monkeys bear their teeth in an attempt to bluster
their way out of a situation. Are you bearing your teeth right now Bluster
Man??

You make me raff

You make yourself riff and raff.

You jump to conclusions then harass me when the AG office doesn't
check on you. What an idiot.

How can you be harrassed in a public forum there BRY? No one forces you
read anything, no one forces you you to reply. Taking lessons from thae
ither trained monkey Marcus Idiotous I C

You you make all kinds of assumptions. Too bad for you.

Feel free to report me to the FCC as well there Bry. I am sure they'll
give
you the same consideration as the others

Nah. I'll wait for you to really screw up, then... "Dialing..."

You very funny man, you make me raff or on this case ralph

So now you're claiming to be Riff-Ralph? How appropriate.

That's you're claim Phineas T.

Ta ta Turtle man give my regards to the rest of the Bizzaro people

Hey Bry could be a new Batman villian... Bluster Man a villian who
attempts to defaet his enemies with lies, inneuendo and various blustery
phrases

Maybe you should go back to Michigan there Bry, I am sure Marcus
Deviatous
would puit you up

It's been fun Have a week

Sayonara Mr. Riff-Ralph.

Dean M March 11th 07 02:57 PM

libel and VE Testing

wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:25:35 -0000, "Dean M" wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:11:28 -0400, "KH6HZ" wrote:
If you feel there is adequate demand for more than 2 test sessions per
year
in Chasell, then you're welcome to take the requisite examinations,
obtain
VE certifications, and form your own VE team.

Now indeed I am or more properly soon will be

You can't even read at a 1st grade level without screwing up.

interesting fantasy you have

How the hell
are you going to be able to grade papers without making mistakes.

it is easyenough in college I used to get paid to do that

I'm sorry, you didn't pass but you got 45 out of 35 wrong.

get some therapy

Don't argue with
me..I have a 249 IQ and was a commissioned, yet drafted officer in the CSA
Chemical Corpse

gee I never read about any serious WMD program of the south

I still love the part how ytou were a Drafted Officer in the military. That
is great stuff. Where do you get your material Marcus?

Know give me another $14 and shut up Just remember EVA A MA I and now
what's what

you like posting such crap on purpose how do you expeect to be taken
seriously?

or do you?

I can guess the ARRL will not have anything to do with you

you assume i want something to do with THEM

I can imagine
that Fred will be happy to take you money to make you a VE right up until
the first complaint from a person taking a test who is unhappy with how
you
run things

I doubt Fred would have any cuase to complain

but I have never expressed any real intent to become a VE

EXSQUEEZE ME!!! Read the following qute from this very post..a quote from
a post YOU made in regards to becoming a VE/VEC

If you feel there is adequate demand for more than 2 test sessions per
year
in Chasell, then you're welcome to take the requisite examinations,
obtain
VE certifications, and form your own VE team.

Now indeed I am or more properly soon will be

You are an "idoit" Marcus

Here's a banana. Do with it as you will...WAIT...never mind, I'd rather
not
know what YOU"D do with a banana

then don't bring it up

I didn't

Have you ever thought of taking your act on the road?

no act here

then everything you post and the way you do it is for real?? amazing

I hear Vaudeville is
making a comeback (no pun intended there Marcus) and you'd fit in great.
Or
perhaps, you could be the Circus Geek

See the Drafted Commissioned Officer...See the man with a 249 IQ who can't
spell or read..See what be does to a bat..Marvel that he can even stand
upright

A new career perhaps?? time will tell

ta ta to the next Batman villain Spammer Man See Spammer man post 100's
of
messages a day..sometimes even minutes from when the first poster hits
send
See Spammer Man morph into Professional Victim Man..who's strange powers
are....Strange

it's now 7:20 am Marcus. Let's time how fats you can reply to this and
100's of others posts

there are not hunders of other posts

the numbers prove otherwise and what are hunders

I am just filling time as I chase some DX

ya right

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Dean M March 11th 07 03:00 PM

VE Testing Rules

wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:38:20 -0000, "Dean M" wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...
On Mar 11, 9:35 am, "Dean M" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 10, 8:32 pm, "Dean M" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy
Date: 10 Feb 2007 18:52:28 -0800
On Feb 10, 11:38 am, "Dean M" wrote:

why? don;t you like getting male

"Getting male?" Are you a pervert?

Suspicious US mail is opened by the postal inspector.

Suspicious packages from other carriers get opened by the Sheriff.

Harassing emails are both forwarded to the state attorney general, and
printed and mailed to the attorney general.

are you admitting to sending harrassing email Dean?

who wants to know? I thought you were out chasing parked cards..errr DX.
What are you still doing spamming the group Spammer Man??

otherwise it don't aply

aply as interior plywood? Learn to spell

Your stalking is now documented. Proceed at your own risk. Best of
Luck.

Note the mention of attorney general at least twice

it only apllies to you if you are sending him harrassing emails

are you?

who wants to know? I thought you were out chasing parked cards..errr DX.
What are you still doing spamming the group Spammer Man??

Now you back pedal and state you reported to my ISP. Which
one is the truth there Bry? Taking lessions from Marcus Stupideous I
C.

No backpedalling. I'm just not responsible for how your freaky little
mind works.

Backpedaliing. Classic example Now you'll refute

no you are being paranoid or confessing you sent him harrassing email

Paranoid? You're the living definition there Professional Victim Man

Dee Flint March 11th 07 04:03 PM

Morkie and VE Testing

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

Dee was an unwitting accomplice in Robesin's plan. She could have
snipped that part out if she had read it and understood what she was
reading.

More rubbish.

Besides it's not my job to edit Steve's posts simply to make other's happy.
I was replying sole to the error. When I have the time to do some snipping,
I'll do so on longer posts but don't bother on shorter ones as it's not
worth the effort.

Dee, N8UZE

KH6HZ March 11th 07 04:04 PM

libel and VE Testing

wrote:

no in fact there are not

I do not live in chassel nor does my wife onor at least one other of
that 19 we merely get our mail through the post office there we
neither live cthe village of chassell nor the township

If you're no longer residing at 17366 N River Road in Chassell yet still
have a PO box there, as far as the FCC is concerned, there are still 19
amateurs in Chassell.

as far as I know no Ham lives within the village of chassel

The FCC doesn't care about the "village", merely the USPS zip code
designator. Which, according to QRZ.COM, places the following amateurs in
Chassell, MI:

KB8FCX BROOKS JR RICHARD E 21525 E Henry Rd CHASSELL MI 49916
KB8VZU KEMPPAINEN LEIGH M 39304 TAPIOLA ROAD CHASSELL MI 49916
KB9RQZ Morgan Mark C PO BOX 212 Chassell MI 49916
KC7CLC kohtala WENDY L 39184 N Sturgeon River Rd Chassell MI 49916
KC8BSU ZITO JAMES P 41861 HANCOCK ST CHASSELL MI 49916
KC8FUS BROOKS JON A 21525 E Henry Rd CHASSELL MI 49916
KC8LBR SMITH KURT C 402 HANCOCK ST PO BOX 111 CHASSELL MI 49916
KD8ALE Loughead Mike J 18841 Chassell Painesdale Rd Chassell MI 49916
N8BFL KEMPPAINEN JOHN H 39304 TAPIOLA ROAD CHASSELL MI 49916
N8HVS Uuro Betty J 39115 US Highway 41 Chassell MI 49916
N8HVT UURO GEORGE A 39115 Highway US 41 CHASSELL MI 49916
N8KLV SZYSZKOSKI STEPHAN J 25155 SOUTH KLINGVILLE RD CHASSELL MI 49916
N8LND STUROS WILLIAM A ROUTE 2 BOX 247 CHASSELL MI 49916
KD8CTL Hojnacki Gavrielah C L P O Box 212 Chassell MI 49916
WA1UJU RANTALA GLEN W 37358 Tapiola Road Chassell MI 49916
WD8ODL HONGISTO EDWARD G RT 1 BOX 247 DENTON RD CHASSELL MI 49916
KC8MMU YARINA KIRK E 35263 Pike River Road CHASSELL MI 49916
KC8MVV YARINA TAMASIN R RR 2 BOX 299 CHASSELL MI 49916
W8WAY McDowell Scott A 18143 Moscow Rd Chassell MI 49916

and yet we have a VE team with 18 members

Completely meaningless. The "local" VE team could consist of people who have
to drive 200 miles to administer a VE session.

nope only in your demnted reams Mike

Why not lodge a formal complaint with the ARRL VEC regarding this VE Teams'
actions?

they can be expected to uphold the comitments they make however

Not really. They're volunteers. They require 3 VEs to administer an exam
session. If they can't get at least 3 VEs (if not more for safety) to donate
their time, it doesn't matter what 'commitments' you think they have made --
they can't conduct a session.

and you just said they could refuse a test session without rsiking
their licenses

That's correct. A VE team is under no obligation to conduct a session at the
whim of the testee. A VE team that refuses to conduct a session on the basis
that the applicants are codeless techs, however, risks having their
credentials pulled by the VEC they work under.

Now indeed I am or more properly soon will be

I'm sure the FCC will oh so enjoy attempting to decypher your submittals.

nah I miight well be be moaning the fact their are few hams ready for
a test at any given time in the area

Given there are 19 hams in Chassell, what happens after they all upgrade?

likely I'll get my extra at AES supperfest in march, if the weather is
good enough to leave my dad alone then my wife wil get her general at
that time

If you do Mark, good for you.

I do wish you could tell the truth about much of anything Mike but
given your track record with the FCC I supose that is beyond you

My postings are always 100% factually accurate to the best of my knowledge,
or simply represent my opinions (whether you like them or not)

KH6HZ March 11th 07 04:04 PM

libel and VE Testing

wrote:

Since there are several states which allow same-sex marriages, it is not
outside the realm of possibility that Mark's 'wife' is male.

why is it your affair

It isn't, nor do I care, which is why I wrote the following:

I also think that the majority of the legitimately signed participants
here
could care less one way or the other if Mark's wife is male, female, or a
holstein cow.

KH6HZ March 11th 07 04:07 PM

libel and VE Testing

wrote:

An individual's mental state plays no role when local officials
investigate
whether or not a crime has been committed. For example, you don't get a
free
pass from commiting armed robbery simply because your IQ is under 80.

your source for this?

The General Laws of your state. I see nothing that excuses crimes on the
basis of being a nitwit.

In fact, if anything, they are *more* likely to do "something" (even if it
involves calling the person on the phone and telling them to 'back off')
if
they suspect the individual is of dubious mental abilities.

as they did with steve

If they did call Steve, it doesn't seem to have worked, has it? Might want
to alert them again.

I notice you cut out the references to your stupidity

If I cut the stupidity out of your posts, Mark, they'd be empty.

KH6HZ March 11th 07 04:18 PM

Morkie and VE Testing

wrote:

Is Michigan one of those states? You need to check your facts before
running your mouth.

Immaterial. Mark could easily travel to VT, MA, NJ, or any other state which
offers same-sex marriages.

Mark *is* capable of travelling, isn't he?

[email protected] March 11th 07 04:34 PM

VE Testing Rules

On Mar 11, 8:14�am, wrote:
On Mar 10, 9:59 pm, wrote:

On Mar 10, 2:02 pm, "
wrote:

* *I was pleased with my local VE team's performance (all four,
* *not just three) and congratulated them after the testing was
* *over. *[I observed them while they were observing me and the
* *applicant group] *

They were ARRL VEs, weren't they?

However, that is not extendable to "all" VEs
* *nor all those involved in this newsgroup.

Why not?

Most of the statements
* *in this thread about VEs are just using it as a springboard to
* *talk trash to other old "enemies." *:-(

Considering the number of statements you make to
rrap, Len, it seems you are projecting your motivations on others.

* *In an extreme example, amateur radio station N2EY has to
* *bring up the 1998 ARRLweb story of two FOUR-YEAR-OLDS
* *who "passed" a Technician and Novice class written exam
* *(respectively) as well as the required low-rate morse code
* *test. *An accompanying picture in the web story shows one
* *of the VEs, of kindly grandfatherly mien, with arms around
* *both of them. *Obvious one-hankie kind of "feel-good" story
* *that is no stranger to journalistic media everywhere.

You left out the most important parts of that
story, Len.

First off, the 4-1/2-year-olds in question were from families composed
almost entirely of radio amateurs, and were part of a an educational
environment that included amateur radio as an integral part of the
curriculum. Both could read and write well above age level.

Second, the written tests they passed were the old Novice and Tech
elements.

Third, there has never been any objective evidence presented that the
VE session in question was compromised in any way.

Fourth, your response to that story was to propose, in Reply Comments
to FCC, that there be a new mandatory age requirement of *14* years
for any class of amateur radio license.

Fifth, you have not been able to produce a single example of problems
to the US Amateur Radio Service caused by a lack of an age
requirement. Amateurs have been licensed by the US Government since
1912, yet in all those 85 years you cannot name even one actual
problem caused by the licensing of people under the age of 14. Not
one.

* *Four year olds capable of responsible cognition of the
* *written-English test material? *

Irrelevant, Len. "Responsible cognition" is not a requirement of the
license test.

Ask any working teacher
* *of K to 3 classes if any of their students have either
* *cognition or sense of responsibility about such test
* *material. *The end result will be an almost unamous
* *NO, the won't. *I've asked three that I know, plus one
* *who was then a grade 4 teacher but later moved up to
* *middle-school level when I had met him.

Doesn't matter.

The FCC has been using multiple-choice written
exams for all amateur written elements for more
than 40 years. The question pools have been
publicly available for more than 20 years.

FCC does not require that a prospective amateur demonstrate
understanding of the material, nor "cognition", nor a sense of
responsibility. Nor is it necessary to get 100% correct on the test,
or even 80%.

All FCC requires is that the prospective amateur get at least the
required number of questions correct on the written test, without
cheating. Nothing more. Doesn't matter to FCC if the prospective ham
has a Ph.D in EE and a stack of patents, or is in the first grade.
Doesn't matter to FCC if the prospective ham can explain each question
and answer in exquisite detail, with exact formulas and calculations,
or if the correct answer came from random guessing, or rote
memorization.

All that matters to FCC is that the prospective amateur got at least
the minimum required number of correct answers, without cheating.

When you allegedly asked those teachers, did you
happen to mention that:

1) The test materials were available for study, so the children would
have seen them before the test?

2) The questions were multiple choice, one out of four?

3) That as long as there was no cheating, any method of getting the
right answer was OK?

4) That a passing grade was 74%, regardless of how much was actually
understood?

I don't think so.

*What is
* *rather obvious is that there was some "mentoring"
* *during the actual test, not allowed nowadays (nor in
* *1998 according to all the law-abiding whosis in here).

No, that's not obvious at all. You are claiming that the VE session
was compromised. That's a serious charge.

You were not there, Len, and you don't know any of the people
involved.

I have seen bright three-year-olds reading well above their age level.
Whether they understood what they read is besides the point.

* *Ah, but the least little hint of "fraud" involved evoked a
* *storm of PROTEST from the Believers of the League,
* *angry denunciations of anyone who would DARE say
* *nasty of their beloved ARRL.

Claims of fraud without any objective evidence deserve to be denounced
as false.

I wonder if the VEs who handled your testing knew that you accused
other VEs of fraud back in 2002?
Or that you accused the ARRL VEC of hypocrisy at the same time?

All without any evidence at all.

* *On an almost constant irregular basis, amateur station
* *N2EY has to bring this tidbit out in the open...and has
* *for 8 years. *It gets inserted into threads which don't
* *involve VEs or testing as the general subject. *Some in
* *here burn and burn inside for the longest time...perhaps
* *of unrequited spite that must have retribution.

The only spite is *yours*, Len.

* *Let's take a realistic look at Volunteer Examiners. *Are all
* *VEs "saints?" *No. They are human beings. *Are they
* *"exceptional" human beings? *Perhaps, but exceptional in
* *that they volunteer their time to proctor testing. *Volunteerism
* *happens in MANY different human endeavors, not just
* *amateur radio. *Do VEs need exceptional training to perform
* *their tasks? *No. *All it requires is attention to paperwork,
* *using the correct template to score test sheets, filling out
* *the correct blanks on forms, keeping the test papers for an
* *individual in order, double-checking each (in a team) other's
* *work, making sure a test session's paper packet gets sent
* *quickly to a VEC center for final processing (for big VECs)
* *or direct to the FCC (for small VECs). *Part of a VE team's
* *task is to simply observe applicants, make sure they do not
* *cheat, make sure they behave during a session, check their
* *identity by other documents.

They must also hold the required class of amateur radio license.

* *Is the example of one VE team applicable to the entire VEC?
* *No.

Yet you accuse some VEs of fraud and hypocrisy.

Here are links to the actual postings:

Len's reply comments - 16 pages page 13 of 16

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...or_pdf=pdf&id_....

or:

http://tinyurl.com/y6uhr3

ARRL Letter:

http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/98/980320/

Hans pointer:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r.../msg/2c6d67f88...

http://tinyurl.com/y2er8x

Len's rejoinder:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r.../msg/fa1332a10...

http://tinyurl.com/yxq3rr

Len accusing fraud:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r.../msg/f91dda07a...

Jim, N2EY- Hide quoted text -

Jim, get over yourself.

What would you have me do, Mr. "Cheese"? (I'd use your
name and/or callsign, but you don't include either in your
postings.)

It seems you want me to stop posting the facts here,
particularly when you don't like the facts presented.

*The story presented in QST is preposterous.

Do you mean this story on the ARRL website?

http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/98/980320/

Why is it preposterous?

It's a fact that gifted young children, placed in a
supportive environment, can often learn things far
beyond the mean/average/median for their biological
age.

Only you believed it.

That's demonstrably untrue.

The folks at ARRL believed it enough to put it
on the website.

The folks at FCC believed it enough to issue the
licenses.

And even when AF6AY pointed out the story to
FCC in his Reply Comments to 98-143, FCC still
believed it.

There have been other verified stories about
young amateurs. Since 2000, a six-year-old has
passed the General, and a seven-year-old has
passed the Extra. Both stories in QST.
FCC had no problem believing either.

In fact that seven-year-old broke the previous record,
held by an eight-year-old who passed the old pre-2000
Extra, complete with 20 wpm code and five written tests.

All those young amateurs still have their licenses. They
haven't gotten into any problems with FCC.

If anything is preposterous, it's the idea that amateur
radio needs some sort of minimum age limit.

If anything is preposterous, it's someone accusing
complete strangers of "fraud" and "hypocrisy" without
any objective evidence.

Jim, N2EY