RadioBanter

-   -   The First 13 Days of the Revolution (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/116269-first-13-days-revolution.html)

[email protected] March 8th 07 02:54 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

COMPARISON OF APPLICATIONS OF VECS FROM FCC SEARCH

Based on use of the FCC's own Search engine on their website
on the 13th day of no code test for US radio amateurs, the
following tabulations show the 14 VEC's activity from 24 Feb
to 7 Mar 07:
ALL actions NEW %, New
VEC and classes Licensees to All
---------------------- ---------- ---------- -------
Milwaukee RA Club, Inc 52 9 17.3
Laurel AR Club, Inc 242 24 9.9
Anchorage ARC 37 9 24.3
ARRL/VEC 3,055 614 20.1
W4VEC 110 8 7.3
Greater LA AR Group 13 6 46.2
Sunnyvale VEC ARC Inc 43 0 0
W.Carolina AR Soc/VEC, Inc 209 32 15.3
Golden Empire AR Soc 16 1 6.3
Central America VEC Inc 1 0 0
W5YI-VEC 887 178 20.1
MO-KAN VE Coordinator 22 5 22.7
Sandarc-VEC 46 6 13.0
Jefferson AR Club 0 0 0

Total, All 14 VECs 4,233 892 21.1

Total FCC Actions 7,121 937 13.2

A starting date of 24 Feb rather than 23 Feb was chosen to
allow application processing from the 22nd and before to
be done. That would cause skewed comparisons between coded
and non-coded testing. However, skew still occurs due to
slow mail delivery to the VEC Hqs and their processing for
input to the FCC. For that reason a new time period was
begun on Wednesday, 28 Feb to Wednesday, 7 March to provide
more isolation of code-test period processing:

ALL actions NEW %, New
VEC and classes Licensees to All
---------------------- ---------- ---------- -------
Milwaukee RA Club, Inc 0 0 0
Laurel AR Club, Inc 157 17 10.8
Anchorage ARC 34 9 26.5 *
ARRL/VEC 2,505 434 17.3
W4VEC 37 2 5.4
Greater LA AR Group 0 0 0
Sunnyvale VEC ARC Inc 8 0 0
W.Carolina AR Soc/VEC, Inc 82 19 23.2
Golden Empire AR Soc 16 1 6.3 *
Central America VEC Inc 1 0 0 *
W5YI-VEC 609 154 25.3
MO-KAN VE Coordinator 22 5 22.7 *
Sandarc-VEC 21 3 14.3
Jefferson AR Club 0 0 0 *

Total, All 14 VECs 3,492 892 25.6

Total FCC Actions 4,894 644 13.2

* Unchanged from first tally

A one-week period is still too soon to see much of a trend
or change in activity, primarily due to (usual) monthly
periods of VEC testing sessions; some may skip the Friday,
23 Feb no-code-test start but others may have added a
testing session during or shortly after the 23 Feb date.
Note that the Greater Los Angeles Amateur Radio Club got
nearly 1 out of 2 as NEW during the 4-day interval between
starting dates of each tabulation.

In essence, the tabulations show (for bigger VECs) mostly
license modifications, class upgrades as the major activity.
New licensees are about one-quarter or less of all test
session results; this seems on-par with prior testing.

Some, namely Dee Flint, have claimed that the ARRL/VEC does
"new licensee processing first." There is no real proof of
this since a breakdown of actions resulting from their VE
team testing for 28 Feb to 7 Mar show the following:

Activity (from FCC) Total Percentage of 3,055
--------------------- ----- -------------------
Administrative Update 48 1.6
Duplicate License 11 0.4
Modification 2,028 66.4
Renewal/Modification 81 2.7
Renewal Only 273 8.9
NEW 614 20.1

4 out of 5 test session items are either modifications,
renewals or class upgrade testing. The FCC Application
Search site does not differentiate "modifications" as to
address or name changes versus license class changes
without a much more detailed examination of individuals.

It should be noted that there is NO sign of the ARRL/VEC
having processed the 25 Feb local ARRL VE team (N6ZZK,
KD6PLU, W6LPJ, KF6UXT) paperwork from about 16
individuals at Old Fire House 77 in the 91352 ZIP area
(Sun Valley, CA.) as of the 10th day after that Sunday
afternoon test session. This is the age of computers and
FAXs and direct submittal from VECs to the FCC
electronically. It was 12 days from my First 'Phone
test completion in 1956 to receipt of my license
certificate, all carried by the postal service and no
such "computer processing" as is available now. 51
years later, the "system" has no more streamlining now
despite a supposed "faster response" than before.

KH6HZ March 8th 07 03:04 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...applID=3873254

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Bob Brock March 8th 07 03:06 AM

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...applID=3873254

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Me too...

Congradulations Len!!!

John Smith I March 8th 07 03:10 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

LET THE TURKEYS EAT CROW LENNIE!!! BIG wide grin

JS
--
http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com

[email protected] March 8th 07 03:29 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

On Mar 7, 9:04 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Awesome!!! I like the prefix... Air Force.

Congrats and welcome. Use it well.

bb

[email protected] March 8th 07 03:55 AM

Congratulations AF6AY!

On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

Dee Flint March 8th 07 04:04 AM

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...applID=3873254

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Congratulations to Len also.

Dee, N8UZE

[email protected] March 8th 07 05:17 AM

On Mar 7, 7:04?pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Congratulations to Len also.

Dee, N8UZE

Thank you, Dee.

Now, what were you saying about the "ARRL VEC handling
'new' applications 'first?'" I know the package of paperwork
from the Sunday exam session (25th) was sent off quickly.

...back to business as usual in here.

Len

[email protected] March 8th 07 05:28 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

On Mar 7, 6:10�pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

* *...

*

LET THE TURKEYS EAT CROW LENNIE!!! *BIG wide grin

JS, "crow" is too good for them.

Good grief, everyone is making out like that amateur license
test is a *TEST*. It isn't like a whole truckload of college
exams I've taken. It was 120 questions, multiple-choice,
done in three parts...on a Sunday afternoon in an old fire
house now housing part of the Los Angeles Auxilliary
Communications Service, managed by the LAFD. It was
all of a mile and a half from my house, across from a food
market (Ralphs - no apostrophe) where I've shopped for
43 years. Too bad it wasn't snowing or I would have
taken off my shoes like them olde-tymers did. It is
slightly downhill (by about 30 feet) to it, but it IS uphill
coming back.

It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't all these sunsabishes
waiting in the bushes to say I'm a "newbie, tyro, beginner,
etc., etc. in radio." Jay-suss. They can't get a grip, can
they?

Nah...business will return shortly to the usual in here...
like in a few minutes...

73, Len

an_old_friend March 8th 07 05:28 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

On Mar 7, 8:54 pm, "
wrote:
COMPARISON OF APPLICATIONS OF VECS FROM FCC SEARCH

well congrats and I am glad I awas wrong about wyou not being to
shawllow all the BS in the 3 pools at once

Dee Flint March 8th 07 05:30 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

oups.com...
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Congratulations to Len also.

Dee, N8UZE

Thank you, Dee.

Now, what were you saying about the "ARRL VEC handling
'new' applications 'first?'" I know the package of paperwork
from the Sunday exam session (25th) was sent off quickly.

...back to business as usual in here.

Len

I can say with certainty that I mailed my Feb 23rd materials on Saturday the
24th and all my applicants, both new licensees and upgraders showed in the
FCC database on Feb 27. Since I used priority mail, it was almost certainly
in the ARRL's hands on Monday, Feb 24. Perhaps I was lucky enough to beat
the big surge of submittals and to be on top.

Dee, N8UZE

an_old_friend March 8th 07 05:33 AM

Congratulations AF6AY!

On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

[email protected] March 8th 07 07:04 AM

Congratulations AF6AY!

On Mar 7, 8:33?pm, "an_old_friend" wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:

On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

No sweat, Mark. I didn't wait two days. I was busy with
other things that Friday and the ARRL/VEC exam session
was for Sunday afternoon following. A quick call to confirm
that and that was that.

Sad to say, I couldn't trudge barefoot through the snow,
uphill both ways, like all them olde-tymers did. :-) [they
had it soooooo 'tuff'] Just get in the car and drive a mile
and a half down one major street to the fire house (now a
unit of the LA Auxiliary Communication System), wait for
50 minutes while the VE team got themselves together,
wait 10 to 15 minutes after one exam until all four
VEs looked over my paperwork, checking and rechecking
the score sheets. I'll say this for them, they are thorough
in that team. Even inspected my old HP 32SII calculator
to make sure it didn't have any crib sheets inside it. :-)

73, AF6AY

[email protected] March 8th 07 07:17 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

oups.com...

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID....

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Congratulations to Len also.

Dee, N8UZE

* Thank you, Dee.

* Now, what were you saying about the "ARRL VEC handling
* 'new' applications 'first?'" *I know the package of paperwork
* from the Sunday exam session (25th) was sent off quickly.

* ...back to business as usual in here.

* Len

I can say with certainty that I mailed my Feb 23rd materials on Saturday the
24th and all my applicants, both new licensees and upgraders showed in the
FCC database on Feb 27. Since I used priority mail, it was almost certainly
in the ARRL's hands on Monday, Feb 24. *Perhaps I was lucky enough to beat
the big surge of submittals and to be on top.

Okay on paying attention to your group. I'm just doubtiing that
the ARRL VEC had the Big Deluge of mail that claimed (but
did not quantify) on their website. That's one reason I did the
tabulation from the FCC Search engine results that started
this thread.

Part of a "deluge" might have been from too many ARRL/VEC
teams adding extra exams on Friday or Saturday, out of the
usual monthly schedules (give or take).

I can understand those with CSCEs wanting to upgrade
(although I don't know why 4 in my exam session thought
they needed that to "modify" their Tech license to a Tech
license under the new rules). :-( There were about 2 who
just needed to change their mailing address, something
which could have been done by mail or by computer
directly...no charge. Judging by all the modifications (not
an upgrade) and the renewals handled by the ARRL, those
could have been done OUTSIDE the need for hand-holding
the free paperwork process on relatively small tasks.

I'm thinking more of the usual "celebrity PR ploy" of the
ARRL "becoming overworked." Not unusual PR tactic.
That kind of PR is done in this city all the time in the
entertainment biz here.

73, AF6AY

[email protected] March 8th 07 07:26 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

On Mar 7, 8:28�pm, "an_old_friend" wrote:
On Mar 7, 8:54 pm, "
wrote: * *COMPARISON OF APPLICATIONS OF VECS FROM FCC SEARCH

well congrats and I am glad I awas wrong about wyou not being to
shawllow all the BS in the 3 pools at once

No sweat on that, Mark. I did four test elements in 1956
for my First 'Phone in one sitting. Had to, Chicago was
90 miles away for me then. :-) On Sunday it was just
a mile plus down one major street. :-)

A full California driver license exam is 50 multiple-choice
questions. I've always passed those and have had that
license for 50 years. College-level exams are much
harder and not all are multiple choice. I've always
regarded EVERY day at work to be a "test session"
with NO "practice exams" to do in order to keep a
paycheck coming in. Food and shelter are more
important than any hobby activity...but some think
they get basic survival benefits "automatically." :-(

73, AF6AY

John Smith I March 8th 07 07:44 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

43 years. Too bad it wasn't snowing or I would have
taken off my shoes like them olde-tymers did. It is
slightly downhill (by about 30 feet) to it, but it IS uphill
coming back.

Well, I hope they at least gave ya cold coffee and stale donuts! LOL!

JS
--
http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com

Lardass Davies March 8th 07 04:55 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

I'm almost as stoopid as you, old friend. I'm not a bisexual pagen though.

Lardass Davies March 8th 07 05:01 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

You would have passed that exam if the VE didn't hate bisexual pagens
morkietard.

Lardass Davies March 8th 07 05:07 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

wrote in message

On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:

On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

No sweat, Mark. I didn't wait two days. I was busy with
other things that Friday and the ARRL/VEC exam session
was for Sunday afternoon following. A quick call to confirm
that and that was that.

but Jim still needs a bit of hazing

Maybe the VE will let you blow him for the extra ticket next time, marqueer.

Lardass Davies March 8th 07 05:16 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:55:29 -0500, "Lardass Davies"
wrote:

I'm almost as stoopid as you, old friend. I'm not a bisexual pagen though.

more thread jacking I see
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

gav is grafic artits an d made the cosume for you.

Morkie Morgan March 8th 07 05:43 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:01:35 -0500, "Lardass Davies"
wrote:

You would have passed that exam if the VE didn't hate bisexual pagens
morkietard.

no I might have passed it if I had not been tried frommaking the trip
in this season which I had to do becuase the locals VE were too
procode to schedlue a session here dispite having more poeple asking
than have attened all ve's session combined in the last 2 years
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

indeed I alway teh victums of s peeanoge punce

Morkie Morgan March 8th 07 05:48 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:16:13 -0500, "Lardass Davies"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

I'm almost as stoopid as you, old friend. I'm not a bisexual pagen
though.

more thread jacking I see
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

gav is grafic artits an d made the cosume for you.

as pathetic as your bllogs
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

http://ipunce.blogspot.com/2007/03/i...own-right.html

Morkie Morgan March 8th 07 06:01 PM

wrote:
COMPARISON OF APPLICATIONS OF VECS FROM FCC SEARCH

well congrats and I am glad I awas wrong about wyou not being to
shawllow all the BS in the 3 pools at once

two teh victum goe teh spiols.

Morkie Morgan March 8th 07 06:07 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:48:05 -0500, "Morkie Morgan"
wrote:

http://ipunce.blogspot.com/2007/03/i...own-right.html

yes that is clear of your stpupidity I agree

but since we are still promoting Len I will be happy to give this
attention
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

mausing you saying under the title of porof of same

Morkie Morgan March 8th 07 06:55 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

indeed
http://ipunce.blogspot.com/

[email protected] March 8th 07 07:28 PM

On Mar 7, 10:44�pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

* *... * *43 years. *Too bad it wasn't snowing or I would have
* *taken off my shoes like them olde-tymers did. *It is
* *slightly downhill (by about 30 feet) to it, but it IS uphill
* *coming back.

* *...

Well, I hope they at least gave ya cold coffee and stale donuts! *LOL!

It was hot coffee and sweet rolls! "Old Fire House 77" is part of
the L.A. Auxiliary Communications Service partly managed by
the LAFD. There was also a group of that LA Aux that was
meeting about something in another room so there was a nice
spread for everyone. :-) I had one sweet roll, skipped the
coffee in all the "excitement"! Har! I don't like most of the
huge coffee makers' coffee, usually too weak (depending on
the preparer). There was tea also plus de-caf for those needing
something else. If worst came to wurst, I could have walked
across the street to a large Ralphs supermarket and gotten
something. :-)

73, AF6AY

Mork March 9th 07 12:15 AM

I Almost Maybe Coulda But Not My Fault

wrote:

You would have passed that exam if the VE didn't hate bisexual pagens
morkietard.

no I might have passed it if I had not been tried frommaking the trip
in this season which I had to do becuase the locals VE were too
procode to schedlue a session here dispite having more poeple asking
than have attened all ve's session combined in the last 2 years

(In other words...it's somebody else's fault again...not Mark's.)

KH6HZ March 9th 07 12:38 AM

wrote:

no I might have passed it if I had not been tried frommaking the trip
in this season which I had to do becuase the locals VE were too
procode to schedlue a session here dispite having more poeple asking
than have attened all ve's session combined in the last 2 years

lmgdao.

VE's refuse to schedule a testing session now because they are "too
procode".

Jesus... there's no ends to the paranoia, is there?

KH6HZ March 9th 07 12:54 AM

just another stalking thread

It would have been more believable if you simply claimed they purposely
failed you because you're a no-code tech.

Oh, wait... you've made that claim too, haven't you?

Dee Flint March 9th 07 01:31 AM

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

no I might have passed it if I had not been tried frommaking the trip
in this season which I had to do becuase the locals VE were too
procode to schedlue a session here dispite having more poeple asking
than have attened all ve's session combined in the last 2 years

lmgdao.

VE's refuse to schedule a testing session now because they are "too
procode".

Jesus... there's no ends to the paranoia, is there?

Most groups had no reason to schedule a special session. Unless there's
someone with a CSCE about to expire, it's a lot of work to find a site, make
sure your team is available and get the word out for a specially scheduled
session. There was another team in this area that was also planning to hold
a Feb 23rd session but they could not get a facility scheduled so they ended
up not conducting a special session.

Dee, N8UZE

KH6HZ March 9th 07 01:33 AM

just another stalking thread

wrote:

no I haven't you lied aagain Mike

I never lie, Morkie. Everything I post is 100% factually accurate, or my
personal opinion.

again what basis do you have for calling the leader of the VE team a
liar?

I've never called a leader of a VE team a liar. Unless, that is, you're the
leader of a VE team.

KH6HZ March 9th 07 01:46 AM

just another tsalking thread

wrote:

VE's lcoaly promised to hold for other when they are ready for tech
but refused to for me

If I were a VE, I'd refuse to hold a session for you too.

KH6HZ March 9th 07 02:11 AM

gay man blabbering

spewed forth the following excrement:

If I were a VE, I'd refuse to hold a session for you too.

we all know you are hate filled peice of trash

coming from a self-proclaimed gay pagan dyslexic ham, that means sooooo
much.

an_old_friend March 9th 07 02:14 AM

gay basher bashing

On Mar 8, 8:11 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

coming from a self-proclaimed gay pagan dyslexic ham, that means sooooo
much.

and you are gay bashing BTW that combined with your other remarks
starts to make YOU a stalker legaly speaking that is

congrats

an_old_friend March 9th 07 02:16 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

wrote:

[...]

well indeed gald to welcome you aboard

KH6HZ March 9th 07 02:22 AM

gay basher bashing

"an_old_friend" wrote:

and you are gay bashing BTW that combined with your other remarks
starts to make YOU a stalker legaly speaking that is

lolol.

which law school did you graduate from?

Mork March 9th 07 02:28 AM

Just another Morgasm

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

VE's lcoaly promised to hold for other when they are ready for tech
but refused to for me

If I were a VE, I'd refuse to hold a session for you too.

You can rest assured that there is another side to this story that Mark is
not telling.
Once again, HE is the eternal victim.

KH6HZ March 9th 07 02:42 AM

Just another Morgasm

"Mork" Dork@anon wrote:

You can rest assured that there is another side to this story that Mark is
not telling.

I'm sure. Sounds like Mork demanded the VE Team hold a special session just
for him.

If I were a VE, I wouldn't hold a session for anyone (nor do I think you can
under the rules, from what I recall, sessions are open to anyone).

I'd schedule sessions like I normally would, and tell Mork he can attend one
of those.

an_old_friend March 9th 07 02:45 AM

On Mar 8, 8:42 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
"Mork" Dork@anon wrote:
You can rest assured that there is another side to this story that Mark is
not telling.

I'm sure. Sounds like Mork demanded the VE Team hold a special session just
for him.

I asked and I was NOT alone in asking for the same treatment as other
have recevied and have been promised in the future