Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 4th 03, 02:45 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

I could have stopped at 5 and got my 'Technician ticket' and stayed

there
for decades until the FCC dropped the HF CW to 5. But I chose NOT TO DO
THAT. I completely skipped the Technician. I went from Novice straight

General, then up. I did so because I knew if I would have gotten on two
meter AM as a Novice, I would have gotten the Tech then stayed a Tech.

forced myself to learn CW. And one day I passed that 12 wpm block. And

KEPT pushing myself to get better. Thats my story. Perhaps that will
explain why I think as I do.

Thank you Dan! You made just about perfect illustration of what I was
saying. You were interested enough, and definitely MORE interested thatn
those who chose not to do what you did.

- Mike KB3EIA -

You really think that just because someone learns CW, they have "more"
interest in ham radio? You really do, Mike?

Oh well...

Kim W5TIT