Old February 5th 04, 01:11 AM
JJ

Len Over 21 wrote:

Go for it, big daddy dave. Ain't no cats on your hot tin roof.

I left active duty in 1956, moved to southern California in 1956, worked
IN radio-electronics in the aerospace industries out here. I'm still
working IN it but not at regular hours. Better than 40 hours a week
from then to now. Even did a severe major shift to go from illustration
to electronics engineering. Kept up a hobby in electronics at home
all that time. Even authored articles on electronics and ham radio
as a professional writer in spare time. Became senior staff
engineer at several large electronics corporations.

Howaboutthat? Does that "show enough interest?" I'd say making a
career out of an "interest" ought to prove something to anyone with
more than four brain cells. Nope. Not enough to mighty big dave.
To him (bless his 4-synapse grey matter) I'd have to regress and Learn
To Beep Morse and become an amatoor hum wid a reel lisense.

All that bragging and still can't pass the test for a ham license.

Old February 5th 04, 01:34 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss Construance
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

The question-topic of the morse code test pertains to GETTING
INTO amateur radio below 30 MHz. Some have misconstrued the
essence of amateur radio as being a skilled radiotelegrapher.

Others have misconstrued the term "GETTING INTO" amateur radio as
meaning the several decades of interest preceeding the several years of
newsgroup posts just before the three-year-old claim of getting "an
Extra right out of the box".

Go for it, big daddy dave. Ain't no cats on your hot tin roof.

I did go for it, Len--forty years ago, within a year of my first
exposure to amateur radio.

I left active duty in 1956, moved to southern California in 1956, worked
IN radio-electronics in the aerospace industries out here.

Nope. Nothing about your obtaining an amateur radio license here.

I'm still
working IN it but not at regular hours. Better than 40 hours a week
from then to now. Even did a severe major shift to go from illustration
to electronics engineering. Kept up a hobby in electronics at home
all that time. Even authored articles on electronics and ham radio
as a professional writer in spare time. Became senior staff
engineer at several large electronics corporations.

No, nothing about your having obtained an amateur radio license here.

Howaboutthat? Does that "show enough interest?"

In obtaining an amateur radio license? Why, no, none at all.

I'd say making a
career out of an "interest" ought to prove something to anyone with
more than four brain cells. Nope. Not enough to mighty big dave.
To him (bless his 4-synapse grey matter) I'd have to regress and Learn
To Beep Morse and become an amatoor hum wid a reel lisense.

You haven't Beeped Morse nor have you Passed Any Written Exam. You've
taken no action on your declared interest.

Geez, snarly dave, those electroshock treatments do take away
some of your smarts. Was the gunnery nurse in attendance?
Did he dance well? Who lead?

Who did what? My smarts are fine, Len. I wrote about getting into
amateur radio. Your response didn't address that, did it?

Dave K8MN
Old February 5th 04, 03:01 AM
Mike Coslo

Leo wrote:
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:01:25 -0500, Mike Coslo wrote:

snippage

You forgot to add Kim's callsign!

I like Paul's callsign better!

Yaknow, I didn't even notice till you mentioned it!
8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old February 5th 04, 03:32 AM
Mike Coslo

JJ wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

You forgot to add Kim's callsign!

I suppose the Super Bowl half-time act with Janet Jackson and the other
moron singing with her was just the kind of low class, crass act kim
really enjoys. Maybe kim should loan Jackson her callsign.

Now that you've started it, here is a little demonstration:

Go to www.google.com . Go to the image search. Search on Janet
Jackson. Observe the pictures that pop up.

Now try to reconcile what you have just seen with CBS and MTV and the
NFL' denial of any knowledge of the ugly little stunt. (yes it was ugly
- that creepy outfit she wore looked like some 1970's lingerie from
behind the iron curtain, and what the heck was that ugly thing on her
breast? - shudder!)

They knew! And the halftime show, which used to be the way for the NFL
to get women that were not interested in football to watch the show has
now changed. My guess is that there will be plenty of men watching the
halftime show next year.

Even if they didn't know this was going to happen, the people they
hired to do the show, MTV, is pretty steeped in sleaze. Note that MTV is
owned by the same company that owns CBS. So ignorance of the act would
be admission of stupidity.

Maybe they'll have porn stars next year.

And lest we forget, Kid Rock comes out in a desecrated US Flag with a
hole cut in the middle. Pretty damn despicable! Is this what the
superbowl is about? I can only assume that the NFL approves of this kind
of disrespectful behavior, and if we watch the trash they spew, we do as
well!
- Mike KB3EIA -

Old February 5th 04, 03:37 AM
Mike Coslo

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

One might almost think the fellow is just here to bust people's chops.
Thanks for the history and Clarification, Paul.

Poor baby. Feel injured, do you?

Oh heavens no! Amused? Yes. but then I feel kind of bad about that,
because I feel kind of sorry for you.

You probably see that as a sign of weakness, which reinforces my view. :^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old February 5th 04, 07:47 AM
Len Over 21

In article , JJ
writes:

All that bragging and still can't pass the test for a ham license.

All that snarling and you ain't got either a name or a callsign.

Why is no one surprised? :-)

LHA / WMD
Old February 5th 04, 02:57 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , JJ
writes:

All that bragging and still can't pass the test for a ham license.

All that snarling and you ain't got either a name or a callsign.

Do you have a callsign, Len?

Dave K8MN
Old February 5th 04, 08:00 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

One might almost think the fellow is just here to bust people's chops.
Thanks for the history and Clarification, Paul.

Poor baby. Feel injured, do you?

Oh heavens no! Amused? Yes. but then I feel kind of bad about that,
because I feel kind of sorry for you.

Awwww...that's so swweeeeet! :-)

You probably see that as a sign of weakness, which reinforces my view.

Nah. I write it off as one too many hockey puck impacts on the helmet.

That and all the sticking probably increased the ear hissing.

So...how's the pool going? Has the gunnite dried on the walls yet?

LHA / WMD

Old February 5th 04, 08:00 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , JJ

writes:

All that bragging and still can't pass the test for a ham license.

All that snarling and you ain't got either a name or a callsign.

Do you have a callsign, Len?

Several. :-)

I just put up a new one on Roscoe Boulevard: "Call Snarly Dave For
Your Latest Orion Firmware!"

I charged the sign rental to your SDR company (Storm Door Radio).

beep, beep.

LHA / WMD

PS: I miss Grace L. Ferguson, R.I.P.

Old February 5th 04, 08:00 PM
Len Over 21

writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

The question-topic of the morse code test pertains to GETTING
INTO amateur radio below 30 MHz. Some have misconstrued the
essence of amateur radio as being a skilled radiotelegrapher.

Others have misconstrued the term "GETTING INTO" amateur radio as
meaning the several decades of interest preceeding the several years of
newsgroup posts just before the three-year-old claim of getting "an
Extra right out of the box".

Go for it, big daddy dave. Ain't no cats on your hot tin roof.

I did go for it, Len--forty years ago, within a year of my first
exposure to amateur radio.

...and you are still undeveloped.

Nope. Nothing about your obtaining an amateur radio license here.

Oh? Is this a requirement to be in the electronics industry?

Strange, isn't it, not one single personnel person (that's "human
resources" profession to bus drivers) said anything about needing
any amateur radio license to work in electronics or aerospace.

Where is "here," snarly dave?

In your imagination? In your fantasy? On Fantasy Island waiting
for da blane?

No, nothing about your having obtained an amateur radio license here.

Now now, docktah no, you are getting churlish and unseemly again.

Did you download your definition of "interest in radio" from Ten-Tec,
too? Right...along with the FIRM ware, the shower, and your
undeveloped exposures.

Howaboutthat? Does that "show enough interest?"

In obtaining an amateur radio license? Why, no, none at all.

No, no, no, sweetums, you equated INTEREST IN RADIO to
GETTING A HAM LICENSE plus adding "learning morse code."

Try to keep those four neurons in line.

You haven't Beeped Morse nor have you Passed Any Written Exam. You've
taken no action on your declared interest.

I have NO interest, declared or otherwise, on "beeping morse," bleeping
dave. Never claimed otherwise.

Is that a requirement in your SS view of amateur radio?

I passed four written exams at an FCC field office in Chicago, 1956.
I passed all kinds of college exams after that, a California driver's
license written exam among others (despite a non-interest in
becoming a professional driver).

Does one have to Post Bans on "interest in radio?" Must be so at
the Church of St. Hiram.

Sorry deacon dave, I don't worship at that church.

Who did what? My smarts are fine, Len.

Your four neurons are indeed fine and firing in sequence.

Dial up Ten-Tec and download some more neuron firmware.
Four isn't enough. Upgrade!

I wrote about getting into amateur radio.

Nah, you scribbled nastygrams about "getting an amateur radio license
IN ORDER TO SHOW INTEREST IN RADIO."

Your response didn't address that, did it?

Here's an official address: 445 12th St. SW, Washington, D.C., 20554

I've addressed several things to that address.

Are you still wearing address?

LHA / WMD