Old July 6th 03, 06:34 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Default Renewed my license "on-line", only took 4 Hours

Another reason to join the ARRL. For members license renewal is FREE.

Dan/W4NTI

"Arnie Macy" wrote in message
I went to the FCC ULS site the other day and renewed my license online.
Since I have dial-up, it took three hours to download the software and
another hour to post the information once I entered it. Sheesh. Well, at
least I don't have to do that but once every ten years. :-))

Arnie -
KT4ST

Old July 6th 03, 06:55 PM
JJ

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
Another reason to join the ARRL. For members license renewal is FREE.

License renewal if FREE to any licensed amateur, ARRL membership
is not necessary.

Old July 7th 03, 11:22 AM
Arnie Macy

"JJ" wrote ...

License renewal if FREE to any licensed amateur, ARRL membership
is not necessary.

Thanks, I'll remember that in ten years (grin)

Arnie -
KT4ST

Old July 7th 03, 03:18 PM
JJ

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
I don't think that is correct 'jj'. I believe there is a charge if your not
a member.

License renewal is FREE, any amateur can renew FREE directly with
the FCC, you don't need to go through the ARRL, W5YI, or anyone
else. Why pay someone else (either directly or through ARRL dues)
for something that is very simple and one can do themselves for FREE?

Old July 8th 03, 06:22 AM
Arnie Macy

"JJ" wrote ...

License renewal is FREE, any amateur can renew FREE directly with
the FCC, you don't need to go through the ARRL, W5YI, or anyone
else. Why pay someone else (either directly or through ARRL dues)
for something that is very simple and one can do themselves for FREE?

Just a note. Got my new license in the mail today.

Arnie -

Old July 8th 03, 06:27 AM
Alun Palmer

JJ wrote in :

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
I don't think that is correct 'jj'. I believe there is a charge if
your not a member.

License renewal is FREE, any amateur can renew FREE directly with
the FCC, you don't need to go through the ARRL, W5YI, or anyone
else. Why pay someone else (either directly or through ARRL dues)
for something that is very simple and one can do themselves for FREE?

Because if you are on dial-up it is very difficult to use the free service
Old July 8th 03, 06:49 AM
Arnie Macy

"Alun Palmer" wrote ...

Because if you are on dial-up it is very difficult to use the free service

Exactly -- and that was the point of my original post. It took an awfully
long time to get through the form using dial-up. Not exactly user friendly
at all.

Arnie -
KT4ST

Old July 8th 03, 11:52 AM
JJ

Alun Palmer wrote:
JJ wrote in :

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

I don't think that is correct 'jj'. I believe there is a charge if
your not a member.

License renewal is FREE, any amateur can renew FREE directly with
the FCC, you don't need to go through the ARRL, W5YI, or anyone
else. Why pay someone else (either directly or through ARRL dues)
for something that is very simple and one can do themselves for FREE?

Because if you are on dial-up it is very difficult to use the free service

Print the form out from the site, fill it out, mail it in. Very
simple only for the cost of postage.

Old July 8th 03, 11:56 AM
JJ

Well DUH! So it isn't FREE through the AARL either or are you
saying the ARRL will pick up the fee for renewing a vanity call
sign? Yea right. Renewing a non-vanity call license is FREE if you
do it directly with the FCC.

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
Sorry...ain't so. Vanity calls require a payment.

Dan/W4NTI