Old July 25th 03, 02:28 AM
Merl Turkin

Default ATTN: Tech Licensee USA Morse Code Freedom Day is August 1st

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:54:43 -0400, morse wrote:

Let the FCC know that they can no longer keep you from your right to use
the
ten meter band allocation if you are a technician licensee. The
international requirement for morse code has been removed and there is no
such thing as a technician plus license.
You don't have to use your identity, but no code technicians need to
finally
speak out to the FCC they will no longer be oppressed by rules designed
for the stone age of electronic technology.
Get on the air at 6pm local time on August 1st or if the band is open
any time
to make contacts in the 28.300-28.500 MHz that is allocated to
technicians for voice. Or if you have a computer you can use the
allocated technician CW bands to send and receive morse code.
Currently the FCC and ARRL want to drag this morse code requirement out
for
one or two years while they put BPL and other technology on the fast
track. I will be on the air and I hope 10,000 or more no code technicians
will join me. I guess Hollingsworth will have to require 10,000 people to
turn in their CW proficiency certificate if YOU will join us.
The morse code game is over and I'm not driving 55 when the speed limit
is
really 70 mph and the government hasn't changed the signs yet. Just go by
the limitation of your technician license and don't go overboard, we want
to show that just because we didn't pass some dinosaur morse code test
that we are bad operators.
Get on 28.306 USB at 6 PM local time to talk with other no code tech's
that
are protesting the FCC and ARRL stupidity.

What's the matter, too lame to pass a 5 wpm code test? That's just sad...