Old July 26th 03, 02:17 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
"Keith" wrote:

Dwight, There is no way for anyone to know if
a tech license has passed a morse code test
and all techs have voice privileges for 28.3-
28.5 MHz. What is the FCC going to do run
around and check every tech license holder?
Besides would you rather give up ten meters
to truckers and CBers?

I would not do what you're seeking even if there was absolutely no

chance
at all for the FCC to catch me. When I joined the Amateur Radio community,

made a commitment to abide by the rules and regulations associated with

it.
That commitment is not based on the FCC's enforcement ability, but my own
sense of what is good for this community. I personally benefit from a
community that has an equal commitment to abide by the rules and
regulations. I therefore would not do anything to upset that situation.

I suspect you will eventually find that most other Technician license
holders have a similar commitment to abide by the rules and regulation.

By the way, your statement that "all techs have voice privileges for
28.3-28.5 MHz" is simply not true - only a Technician Plus license holder

(a
Tech who has also passed the 5wpm code test) is allowed to operate on

those
frequencies.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

And, as I understand it, only until they "renew" or change their callsign,
correct? In other words, when I renew my license, or if I change my
callsign, I would only be licensed as a Technician, I think.

Kim W5TIT

---
Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to
Old July 26th 03, 12:59 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Keith" wrote:

[...]

Your license will say Technician but you will retain your Tecnician Plus
privileges forever (or until you upgrade to General) assuming that you keep
your license current. Since the FCC database will no longer show the
difference, keep a copy of your old Technician Plus license and/or your
Technician Plus CSCE to be able to prove that you have those priviliges.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old July 26th 03, 04:45 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
y.com...

"Keith" wrote:

[...]

AH...OK. Well, that's good news to the folks who surely would have wished
to keep the little bit of HF that they've got.

Kim W5TIT

---
Old July 27th 03, 07:10 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

And, as I understand it, only until they
"renew" or change their callsign, correct?
In other words, when I renew my license, or
if I change my callsign, I would only be
licensed as a Technician, I think.

Kim W5TIT

Thanks for a quote of Kim's message, Dee.

Sorry, Kim, I'm still having problems reading your messages (the same
problem as before). I don't know if it's my server, your server, some
software setting, or something else entirely. I haven't blocked your
messages. I checked to make sure of that. They're still showing up in the
newsgroup message list. However, whenever I select one to read, I get an
error message saying the message is no longer on the server.

Occasionally one will slip through that I can read, but 99 percent of your
messages result in the same error. Again, this doesn't happen to messages
from anyone else. In fact, your messages are the only times I've seen this
error message at all.

If this isn't happening to anyone else here (and nobody else has said
anything), I can only assume the problem is with my server. So, it looks
like the problem will remain until I switch servers (something I'm planning
to do soon anyway). When it stops, I'll let you know.

Of course, if you reply to this, I'll probably never see the reply. So, if
you have something to say in reply, send it by email instead.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old July 27th 03, 04:37 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

And, as I understand it, only until they
"renew" or change their callsign, correct?
In other words, when I renew my license, or
if I change my callsign, I would only be
licensed as a Technician, I think.

Kim W5TIT

Thanks for a quote of Kim's message, Dee.

Sorry, Kim, I'm still having problems reading your messages (the same
problem as before). I don't know if it's my server, your server, some
software setting, or something else entirely. I haven't blocked your
messages.

Oh, ROFLMAO...that was going to be my next advice was to take me off your
filter...LOL

I checked to make sure of that. They're still showing up in the
newsgroup message list. However, whenever I select one to read, I get an
error message saying the message is no longer on the server.

Puzzling. I just don't understand. I've tried both outlets for the
newsgroup, also!

Occasionally one will slip through that I can read, but 99 percent of

your
messages result in the same error. Again, this doesn't happen to messages
from anyone else. In fact, your messages are the only times I've seen this
error message at all.

If this isn't happening to anyone else here (and nobody else has said
anything), I can only assume the problem is with my server. So, it looks
like the problem will remain until I switch servers (something I'm

planning
to do soon anyway). When it stops, I'll let you know.

Of course, if you reply to this, I'll probably never see the reply. So,

if
you have something to say in reply, send it by email instead.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Oh, guess I better send an email, too!

Kim W5TIT