Old July 27th 03, 03:25 AM
WA8ULX

I guess you folks don't know the format of callsigns. One cannot get a 1X4.
You sure do behave like the very "CBer" type folks that you vilify!

Kim W5TIT

Well isnt that what Ham radio is anymore?
Old July 27th 03, 04:21 AM
WA8ULX

shouldn't that be a clue
to you as to who it is that may be ruining ham radio?

Kim W5TIT

Well TIT i figure you CBplussers have done a pretty good job so far, so I might
as well help you the finish the process.
Old July 27th 03, 04:21 AM
David Lafferty

You just couldn't some up with something both valid and cutsey, could you.

Kim W5TIT

I never got into the previous discussions on your callsign, but some,
including me, find it in poor taste instead of "valid and cutsey".
David K5DEL

Old July 27th 03, 04:46 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "David Lafferty"
writes:

Yeah, and note that it was a phone transmission that did the job. That's
not a slam at CW, it's a slam at the CW zealots.

Kim W5TIT

And what EXACTLY does that have to do with the story? The focus of the
story was ham radio used in a rescue. It's good PR for ham radio, no matter
if the transmission was phone, cw, psk-31, sstv, rtty, etc, etc, etc.

David K5DEL

David:

Save your fingertips on this one. Kim can always be counted on to make
inane, specious arguments against CW and "CW zealots" anytime a story
like this comes out. If the story had been about how the hikers setup a
backpack portable HF/QRP station and called for help using CW, she would
insist that it didn't prove a damn thing. She can't be bothered to learn a
useful communications skill like the Morse code, and she needs to grasp at
any straw she can in order to prove her point.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old July 27th 03, 04:46 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Kim W5TIT"
writes:

Yeah, and note that it was a phone transmission that did the job. That's
not a slam at CW, it's a slam at the CW zealots.

Kim W5TIT

Kim:

Of course, the lost hikers were lucky that A. They were in California, which
is thoroughly blanketed with repeaters on the tops of high mountains, and
B. They had an HT and a GPS receiver. Repeat the scenario in the middle
of Kansas and their mileage will start to vary! Then they just might wish they

had a backpack HF setup, complete with a CW key! Still, I personally think
that this *is* a very impressive demonstration of amateur radio's emergency
response capability. Unfortunately for you and the rest of the NCTA, the
only place where it proves anything negative about CW or the PCTA's is
in your own mind!

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old July 27th 03, 04:56 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , "David Lafferty"
writes:

Yeah, and note that it was a phone transmission that did the job.

That's
not a slam at CW, it's a slam at the CW zealots.

Kim W5TIT

And what EXACTLY does that have to do with the story? The focus of the
story was ham radio used in a rescue. It's good PR for ham radio, no

matter
if the transmission was phone, cw, psk-31, sstv, rtty, etc, etc, etc.

David K5DEL

David:

Save your fingertips on this one. Kim can always be counted on to make
inane, specious arguments against CW and "CW zealots" anytime a story
like this comes out.

When have I ever made an argument against CW, Larry? Put up or shut up, in
your words.

If the story had been about how the hikers setup a
backpack portable HF/QRP station and called for help using CW, she would
insist that it didn't prove a damn thing.

You are so foamed at the mouth with your insensibility that you can't see
the forest for the trees, Larry. I have no argument whatsoever against the
use of CW. I do NOT believe, as you, that CW is the cure all that you think
it is. There are notable CW enthusiasts that share this also, Larry. What
would you say of them? *IF* this story had been about how the hikers had
set up a backpack portable HF/QRP station and called for help using CW, AND
*if* they'd gotten it, I would have said two things: 1) that they were lucky
to have someone on "the other end" that understood CW, and 2) that they
could have traveled a lot lighter if they'd just carried an HT. To tell you
the truth, I'm impressed that ANY radio worked to contact someone and, just
as you say, I'm sure it is because of the density of repeaters in their
area. You're right. Kansas would have been a whole different situation.

She can't be bothered to learn a
useful communications skill like the Morse code, and she needs to grasp at
any straw she can in order to prove her point.

73 de Larry, K3LT

I did learn a useful communications skill, Larry. I learned it well enough
to pass the requirements set forth by the United States Government. Now, if
you have a problem with your government, you need to let them know. And,
you cannot dictate your standards to other people. You do live in the
United States.

My point about CW is what, Larry? Why don't you answer that question.
Hell, Dick hasn't even answered my question about what it would take for him
to have a disaster setup for CW, what all would he need. Hell, for that
matter, you won't even answer my questions, Larry. You guys spew your hate
and contempt for other people out of the mouths that God gave you. And
that's all it ends up being with you: hate. You are disgusting.

Answer the damn question, Larry. What do *YOU* think my point about CW is?

Kim W5TIT

---
Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to
Old July 27th 03, 04:58 PM
Kim W5TIT

"David Lafferty" wrote in message

David, you have your way of interpreting and commenting on stories, and

will too.

Kim W5TIT

Reminds me of a retired boss I used to have. Real nice guy, but could not
always track with the discussion at hand. I remember one day during an
important meeting when the "big" boss was making a very important point.
Right in the middle of the big boss making what he believed to be the most
important point of the meeting, the guy who had trouble tracking pointed

out
the window and stated "Why there goes a red tail hawk!"

The big boss just shook his head. I guess I'll follow his lead in the
future...
David
K5DEL

Thank you. That way you won't waste so much of your time.

Kim W5TIT

---
Old July 28th 03, 10:37 PM
Scott Unit 69

Oh goody. Another Larry Roll clone.

lmfao...
Old July 29th 03, 04:39 PM
Kf6vyh

Why bring up the CW debate, Th e story had nothing to due with the pros or cons
of CW . I have not been reading these news groups for a while for just this
reason. All any of you can talk or fight about is CW. If you Kim are so
concered with CW just start another CW thread. You are like a two year old
fighting for the shovle in a sand box. Give it a rest.