Old August 23rd 03, 03:02 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Derek"
writes:

These are Amateurs askinging questions Larry about Amateur Radio
I would not talk to you on the air Larry because you are nothing but a
F**cking bighead arsehole

Derek:

How charming. In any event, looking for me on the HF phone bands
would prove to be an exercise in futility. I don't work HF phone, and
haven't done so for many years.

73 de Larry, K3LT
First Place, 2003 ARRL RTTY Roundup
Low Power, Single-Operator (Delaware Section)

Old August 23rd 03, 08:18 AM
Derek

Good

Old August 24th 03, 02:29 AM
Dan Finn

Der Code des Bewunderers der Amateurfunker ist CONSIDERATE... funktioniert
nie bewußt in solch einer Weise hinsichtlich vermindern das Vergnügen von
anderen. Loyal... bietet Loyalität, Ermutigung und Unterstützung anderen
Bewunderern, lokale Vereine und die amerikanische Radiorelais-Liga an, durch
die laienhafter Radio in den Vereinigten Staaten national und international
dargestellt wird. Progressist... mit Wissen nebeneinander der Wissenschaft,
der well-built und leistungsfähigen Station und des Betriebes über Vorwurf.
Freundlich... verlangsamen Sie und geduldiges Funktionieren, wenn Sie
verlangt werden; freundlicher Rat und Ratschläge zum Anfänger; freundlich
Unterstützung, Mitarbeit und Betrachtung für die Interessen von anderen.
Diese sind die Stempel des laienhaften Geistes. BALANCED... Radio ist eine
Berufung und behindert nie die Aufgaben, die Familie, Job, Schule oder
Gemeinschaft verdankt werden. Patriotische... Station und Fähigkeit immer
bereit zum Service zum Land und zur Gemeinschaft.
From: "Derek"

The Amateur's Code
The Radio Amateur is
CONSIDERATE
LOYAL
PROGRESSIVE
FRIENDLY
BALANCED
PATRIOTIC

Is this in the FCC regulations? If not, it is just a recommendation and
therefore has no valid basis to be followed, or to be identified as "The
Amateur's Code".

Old August 24th 03, 04:21 PM
Chip G.

In article , WA8ULX
wrote:

That crap is nothing but BS, it died when Ham Radio was converted into CB

I've heard this so much on this group. It demonstrates a huge degree of
ignorance. First, both Amateur Radio and Citizens Band are radio
services. Citizens Band is a non-licensed service. Amateur Radio is a
licensed service. Citizens Band is highly limited to frequencies in
channels. Amateur Radio has several designated frequency bands with
much more operating flexibility. Citizens Band is limited to allowed
mode. Amateur Radio not only has a wide array of available modes, but
is encouraged to experiment with new modes. Therefore the two are not
the same or even remotely similar except that they are both radio
services under the guidance of the FCC.

The problem with CB, from my vantage, is that there is too little
monitoring and enforcement. At one time before cell phones and my
license, I used CB for emergency communication. But I was always
embarrassed to turn it on, especially with my wife in the car, because
of the reprehensible behavior.

There are some who would argue that Amateur Radio is going the same
way. I don't feel that this is true. Amateur Operators have much more
organized self enforcement, which is encouraged by the FCC. The FCC
itself has also taken some action in the recent past, although
argueably more action is needed.

As for the Amateur Code, I think that more hams should make the effort
to embrace the code. But there will always be some, like some of the
vocal members of this newsgroup, who will choose vulgarities and
rudeness over thoughtful discourse. I beg all those of you who care
about our bands, our hobby, our fraternity, our most favored radio
service, I beg of you to keep civil your tongues and work toward a
mutually beneficial solution.

--
--Chip
remove dots in prefix to fix email address

Old August 27th 03, 12:58 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message

Actually, Riley has stated that not following a local gentleman's
agreement band plan was poor amateur practice and is enforceable. So
items not specifically spelled out in the regulations may be
enforceable depending who's at the FCC on any particular day.

The problem is "WHO'S" gentlemen's band plan?? The Anti Radio Relay
League???

No need to slam the ARRL. There isn't any other group available to do so.
They have the resources to evaluate the common usage of the band, develop it
into a band plan, and then to widely disseminate the information so that it
is useful to all. What other group can match that? Simple: None. If you
want input, join the group and work from within. Don't slam it from
without.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE