Old August 24th 03, 01:48 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"K0HB" wrote in message
m...
"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote

You *are* correct that there are too many hams who are
not open to, and often disparage, newcomers or "would-be's.
That IS a significant problem in bringing in the newcomers
and, particularly, younger folks who represent the future of
ham radio. On this point we agree 100%.

If there is *one* such ham, that is too many, but you seem to suggest
that the problem is widespread. On that notion we disagree 100%.

For every curmudgeon who disparages newcomers there are thousands who
actively welcome them. Check out www.mnyarc.org. It was formed by
members of our club, originally as a club sponsored Explorer Post, and
has grown into a standalone group fully dedicated to nurturing
youth-oriented amateur radio in our area. Hamfest Minnesota, also
sponsored by our club, has a policy of free admission to hams aged 17
and under. These are just a couple of examples right in my
neighborhood. Maybe you just live in a bad neighborhood.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hans,

I have seen/heard it from SoCal to Florida to New England ...
over many years ...

However, I did not intend to imply that all/most/a large majority
of hams are that way ... just WAY too many are (although we
agree that even *one* is "too many," my experience is that there
are a LOT more than that ...

Perhaps folks are just friendlier overall up in your neck of
the woods?

Carl - wk3c

Old August 24th 03, 03:47 PM
JJ

gw wrote:

well comcast creep my name is gw, gw beckwith sir and i do not know
those other fine gentlemen but i do appreciate your help on the
matter......a advanced class turd, if you will,....... living in
colorado springs ........that should narrow down the pool of likely
candidates for one bodacious, first class phone phucking......doncha
know...

That is "an advanced class"....doncha know. Why "doncha" learn
the proper use of English?

Old August 24th 03, 03:56 PM

jim wrote:
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

"charlesb" wrote:

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

QRZ ??? who was the little twit there ??? QRZ ???

I don't pay much attention to anybody who claims to be a ham but
won't show a callsign. They're almost always anti-ham trolls.

Charles, N5PVL

Why do you cross post your drivel to rec.radio.cb then, brainiak?

Because the original message was there and in rrap, and I was
responding to a person tha tI think posted from there.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Don't worry about Moparholic. This is his usual troll. Tries to stir
it up, then bitches because its cross posted. He probably cross
posted it anyway.

It don't mean nothin man.

Dan/W4NTI

and you continue the xpost.
it does mean something man.........

He doesn't know any better, he even uses his call on the freeband.

What a dumbass.

--
GO #40
Old August 24th 03, 06:56 PM
gw

JJ wrote in message ...
gw wrote:

whew!!!! another fink........man that makes me have this incredible
compunction to go take a test ..............

Don't bother, you couldn't pass it, "doncha know". What a turd.

well anyone can obviously go further than you.......i mean......how
come you never went for your general class ham license ......aren't
there any general class guys that sit in as ve's for you to take the
test in beautiful colorado springs john boy?????
Old August 24th 03, 07:12 PM
SD Special Delivery Jones

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

Don't worry about Moparholic. This is his usual troll. Tries to stir it
up, then bitches because its cross posted. He probably cross posted it
anyway.

It don't mean nothin man.

Dan/W4NTI

Boy, Dan sure sounds like you got him pegged.

Old August 24th 03, 07:14 PM
SD Special Delivery Jones

"gw" wrote in message
om...
JJ wrote in message

gw wrote:

whew!!!! another fink........man that makes me have this incredible
compunction to go take a test ..............

Don't bother, you couldn't pass it, "doncha know". What a turd.

well anyone can obviously go further than you.......i mean......how
come you never went for your general class ham license ......aren't
there any general class guys that sit in as ve's for you to take the
test in beautiful colorado springs john boy?????

gw,curiousdan,pinhead,icecoldbeer etc etc, you sure are stuoid JJ is an
advanced class which is higher than general, now go wash off, you stink

Old August 24th 03, 07:44 PM

"SD Special Delivery Jones" wrote:
you sure are stuoid JJ

You're a ****ing moron.

--
GO #40
Old August 24th 03, 07:45 PM

"SD Special Delivery Jones" wrote:
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

Don't worry about Moparholic. This is his usual troll. Tries to stir
it up, then bitches because its cross posted. He probably cross
posted it anyway.

It don't mean nothin man.

Dan/W4NTI

Boy, Dan sure sounds like you got him pegged.

The old irony meter is -pegged-. One retard kissing the others ass.

--
GO #40

Old August 25th 03, 10:10 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"gw" wrote in message
om...

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
"charlesb" wrote:

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in

message
ink.net...

QRZ ??? who was the little twit there ??? QRZ ???

I don't pay much attention to anybody who claims to be a ham but
won't show a callsign. They're almost always anti-ham trolls.

Charles, N5PVL

Why do you cross post your drivel to rec.radio.cb then, brainiak?

Because the original message was there and in rrap, and I was
responding to a person tha tI think posted from there.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Don't worry about Moparholic. This is his usual troll. Tries to

stir
it up, then bitches because its cross posted. He probably cross

posted
it anyway.

It don't mean nothin man.

Dan/W4NTI

I'm starting to hear W4NTI on the freeband.

well it is no different than john boy running around calling himself
ve1jot...i don't understand how some dude that lives in colorado goes
around calling himself a canadian hamster...........i guess it is a
attempt by some old agitator wantabee to try and shake the dogs of
war, but as is usually the case.........these types of blowhards
always make a mistake and it can be safely said that both , danny boy
and johnny boy are two peas in the same pod so to speak........long on
the mouth and short on the ass..... ......doncha know.......

Who the hell is 'johnny boy' and what makes you think the real W4NTI gives a
rats ass about the 'freeband' ?, whatever that is.

Dan/W4NTI

trying to get back on packet using my old equipment larry Digital 1 January 15th 05 07:47 AM
Need help: Packet with Yaesu VX-5R HT and no-serial, USB-only notebook PC [email protected] Digital 4 December 22nd 04 06:07 PM
Need help: Packet with Yaesu VX-5R HT and no-serial, USB-only notebook PC [email protected] Digital 0 December 22nd 04 12:46 AM
Packet Newbie Greg Courville Digital 2 September 19th 03 06:42 AM
Packet Newbie Greg Courville Digital 0 September 19th 03 05:58 AM