Old August 26th 03, 05:17 AM
David Stinson

Default If I had a Wouff Hong.

Disgusted wrote:

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

You better take four or five- It'll take a lot of beating and
you'll wear them out.
Old August 26th 03, 09:03 PM
K7JEB

Disgusted wrote:

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

David Stinson replied:
You better take four or five- It'll take a lot of beating and
you'll wear them out.

That is not the correct method of applying the
Wouff Hong in any case. I would provide a
detailed description of the act, but it is too
intensely horrific for the delicate sensibilities
of the newsgroup readers.

Jim, K7JEB

Old August 27th 03, 02:57 AM
DickCarroll

"K7JEB" wrote in message ...
Disgusted wrote:

I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the ****
out of them!

David Stinson replied:
You better take four or five- It'll take a lot of beating and
you'll wear them out.

That is not the correct method of applying the
Wouff Hong in any case. I would provide a
detailed description of the act, but it is too
intensely horrific for the delicate sensibilities
of the newsgroup readers.

I dunno, Jim, we have some really insensitive induhviduals on here-
Some of them probably wouldn't even notice!

Dick
Old August 27th 03, 03:29 AM
Dave Bushong

Does anyone believe the bumper sticker that says "United We Stand"?

Here, on this newsgroup, we all sound like a bunch of assholes who hate
each other.

And we all sound like a bunch of *hams* who hate each other, if you read
this newsgroup.

Why do those people want to kill us? I don't know. But if we fight
amongst ourselves, they win. They win by sitting back and watching us
self-destruct.

Old August 27th 03, 02:50 PM
Mike Coslo

Dave Bushong wrote:
Does anyone believe the bumper sticker that says "United We Stand"?

Here, on this newsgroup, we all sound like a bunch of assholes who hate
each other.

And we all sound like a bunch of *hams* who hate each other, if you read
this newsgroup.

Why do those people want to kill us? I don't know. But if we fight
amongst ourselves, they win. They win by sitting back and watching us
self-destruct.

Wow, Dave! That's a stretch. With just a few notable exceptions, most
of us here in rrap enjoy our arguments with each other, and don't take
it too seriously or personally.

Or do you want to tell us just what we should think and say?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old August 28th 03, 07:20 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

"Dave Bushong" wrote in message
Does anyone believe the bumper sticker that says "United We Stand"?

Look at the title of the newsgroup.... Well, actually it should be
rec.radio.amateur.POLITICS instead, because except in a few rare occasions
where there actually is intelligent debate and/or discussion, it is all
POLITICS!!!!!!!

Here, on this newsgroup, we all sound like a bunch of assholes who hate
each other.

Some do seriously dislike others but some of us "play well together."

And we all sound like a bunch of *hams* who hate each other, if you read
this newsgroup.

Probably just catching the newsgroup at the wrong time. Look at
rec.radio.amateur.misc or even alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf right now. It's the "I
know you are, but what am I" childish arguements....

Why do those people want to kill us? I don't know. But if we fight
amongst ourselves, they win. They win by sitting back and watching us
self-destruct.

Amateur radio will die on its own problems, not from exterior sources, as
the energy to promote and protect the service is definitely not being
utilized that way. This and other newsgroups are a prime example of the
cancer festering on our hobby/service.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

Old August 28th 03, 10:24 PM
Dave Bushong

Mike Coslo wrote:

Dave Bushong wrote:

[...]

Wow, Dave! That's a stretch. With just a few notable exceptions,
most of us here in rrap enjoy our arguments with each other, and don't
take it too seriously or personally.

Or do you want to tell us just what we should think and say?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Wow, Mike! I guess it sounds serious and personal when someone says
"I'd take it to the next ARRL Board of Directors meeting and beat the
**** out of them!"

I would certainly not presume to tell you what to think; I only ask that
you try *to* think. You might enjoy it.

73,
Dave

Old August 28th 03, 11:52 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message

[...]

.. --. .... - . .-. ...

Oh BS Ryan, you think this bunch of mis fits on USENET has anything in
common with the 'real hams' ?? I don't.

I have been here since I got a computer, way back in 1996. Not much has
changed. Even some of the same folks are here.

Nothing that goes on here happens on the air. Its a good way to vent and
have fun.

In fact I'll bet if you could take a pole you would find most of these folks
are not on the air, for whatever reason, and don't care to be. This is
their only connection to a enjoyable outlet they can't or won't use any
longer. Being on the air and having fun.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 29th 03, 01:58 PM
Ryan, KC8PMX

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

It's not my place to say who is a "real ham" but my comments were merely
responding to what that guy had observed HERE in Usenet, not on the air.
And I still stand by my comments, sometimes the newsgroups are nutty as a
Snickers bar and sometimes they are not...... Just depends on when ya catch
them.

I have been here since I got a computer, way back in 1996. Not much has
changed. Even some of the same folks are here.

Same here, but from around 1999. It goes in cycles. That was the main
reason of responding to that guy, stuff goes in cycles on here....
Sometimes some quality posting, sometimes garbage.

Nothing that goes on here happens on the air. Its a good way to vent and
have fun.

Pure BS. These people may or may not operate the same way they act in this
newsgroup, but there are a ton that act like complete asses, bringing the
amateur radio community "one step closer to extinction" on HF. And this is
from an overwhelming amount of these people being licensed anywhere from
25-40 years!!!! (The ones that are supposed to be "better hams.")

I will give to ya, on the venting and having fun part. I do agree with
that. My sole purpose for participatin in newsgroups whatsoever is
two-fold: recreation and education. Certain newsgroups (other than ham
radio related as well) provide for some excellent sources of information.

In fact I'll bet if you could take a pole you would find most of these

folks
are not on the air, for whatever reason, and don't care to be. This is
their only connection to a enjoyable outlet they can't or won't use any
longer. Being on the air and having fun.

Well, Lets just do that!!! See separate post in regard to this.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)