Old September 2nd 03, 01:20 PM
Brian Kelly

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message ...
Brian Kelly wrote:

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message ...
I have seen AOL recently and Win XP and there is becoming a striking
similarity to the two.......

Perfect combination, XP is another one which can't be fixed.

Worse, Microshaft doesn't *want* it fixed. If they closed all the holes how would they ever check out your
computer when you sign onto their update website?

Hell will have to freeze tight before I download ANYTHING out of the
Microsloth website. Period.

When you hear that "another security hole has been found in Windows xx" and that Gates et all are scurring to
"fix" it, say "Yeah, Right!" They'll send out a patch that will neutralize that particular vermin, but the main
bang is still as holey as a moth-eaten cotten curtain in a 1940's flophouse.

w3rv
Old September 3rd 03, 01:51 AM
Mike Coslo

Brian Kelly wrote:

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message ...

I have seen AOL recently and Win XP and there is becoming a striking
similarity to the two.......

Perfect combination, XP is another one which can't be fixed.

Worse, Microshaft doesn't *want* it fixed. If they closed all the holes how would they ever check out your
computer when you sign onto their update website?

Hell will have to freeze tight before I download ANYTHING out of the
Microsloth website. Period.

Remember to block them also. On the web, we can "visit" websites we
never go to. Block all the ports you aren't using, and use a wall like
ZoneAlarm AND a proxy server.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 11th 03, 09:40 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

For the type of programs I need to use, Win98 or maybe even Win2000 is MORE
than adequate for my needs.....

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message

I have seen AOL recently and Win XP and there is becoming a striking
similarity to the two.......

Perfect combination, XP is another one which can't be fixed. I figger
I'll be running Win2K, Internet Exploder 6 and Eudora 5.3 for another
15 years.

Or until Torvald and the Penquin . . .

w3rv

Old September 13th 03, 02:48 PM
Brian

Brian wrote:

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message ...

bang is still as holey as a moth-eaten cotten curtain in a 1940's flophouse.

Was that your primary residence?

I saw the movie.

You starred in it.
Old September 14th 03, 02:16 PM
Brian

Brian wrote:

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message ...

bang is still as holey as a moth-eaten cotten curtain in a 1940's flophouse.

Was that your primary residence?

I saw the movie.

You starred in it.

Nope, I was 'way overqualified for the role.

Only because you lived it.

It was a docu-comedy of your life story.

Couldn't have been. I was a 50's baby.

You're dismissed.