Old August 30th 03, 05:29 PM

Old August 30th 03, 09:35 PM

Old August 31st 03, 01:19 AM

Old August 31st 03, 04:28 AM

Old August 31st 03, 01:10 PM

writes:

N2EY wrote:
test

Lots of QRM, Jim! QRP computer?

AOL trouble. Apparently fixed now.

AOL can't be fixed . . .

Try this one.....

http://www.intergate.com/index.shtml

I tried AOHELL for awhile due to one of their promotions. It wasn't that
great. However, the real problem came when I discontinued service. It took
6 MONTHS to get the billing stopped and corrected after I canceled.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old August 31st 03, 08:00 PM
Mike Coslo

Dee D. Flint wrote:
"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message

Brian Kelly wrote:

(N2EY) wrote in message

In article , Mike Coslo

writes:

N2EY wrote:

test

Lots of QRM, Jim! QRP computer?

AOL trouble. Apparently fixed now.

AOL can't be fixed . . .

Try this one.....

http://www.intergate.com/index.shtml

I tried AOHELL for awhile due to one of their promotions. It wasn't that
great. However, the real problem came when I discontinued service. It took
6 MONTHS to get the billing stopped and corrected after I canceled.

I signed up for one of their specials a few years ago. X numbers of
hours per month, and some fee when you go over it. I wasn't paying much
attention because the bills came on a credit card bill and my XYL pays
them immediately. After a few months, she asked me why the AOL bill was
like 90 dollars each month. All I could figure out was that they were
charging me their "extra rate" for every second I was on line.

Plus the service was slow due to the little ads they graciously sent
me, the browser didn't really work, and I was cut off a lot. Finally I
tried to terminate my account, and they had all kinds of weird
stipulations that stood in the way of ending the account. Just trying to
find the number to call took a lot of time online.

After I switch to a new provider, I was deluged by "We want you back"
mail. Maybe if they put enough effort into keeping me happy in the first
place, they wouldn't have to put the effort into getting me back.

Other than that, I just love A*L.

- Mike KB3EIA -