Old September 12th 03, 02:48 AM
N2EY

Default Farnsworth spacing (was NCI Petition for Rulemaking)

In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

Yeah, that might be true if you have HF capability........

All you need is a simple CW receiver and an antenna. W1AW runs the legal limit
into serious antennas; it should pound into MI on 80 and 40 with no problem.

I've sed it before I'll say it again: The W1AW code practice sessions
and getting on the air ASAP are the best methods out there for
learning the code. The 1AW sessions are reliable, they're not
repetitive and you can pace yourself without breaking a sweat
depending on your own set of learning curve variables. Yes it's
Farnsworth and 1AW Farnworth has obviously worked for decades. Now go
copy 1AW 5wpm sessions until you "get it".

Hope you are feeling better, Ryan.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 15th 03, 07:10 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

Yeah, that might be true if you have HF capability........

All you need is a simple CW receiver and an antenna. W1AW runs the legal

limit
into serious antennas; it should pound into MI on 80 and 40 with no

problem.

Don't even have a shortwave reciever at this point, as where I live the
RFI is ridiculous as hell. My current residence also as well must have been
lined with lead at some point, as nothing can be recieved by either tv or
broadcast am/fm radio either......

Until I move, HF is pretty much out of the question.....

I've sed it before I'll say it again: The W1AW code practice sessions
and getting on the air ASAP are the best methods out there for
learning the code. The 1AW sessions are reliable, they're not
repetitive and you can pace yourself without breaking a sweat
depending on your own set of learning curve variables. Yes it's
Farnsworth and 1AW Farnworth has obviously worked for decades. Now go
copy 1AW 5wpm sessions until you "get it".

Hope you are feeling better, Ryan.

Thanks, definitely better, but have a bit to go yet.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 16th 03, 01:19 AM
N2EY

In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

Yeah, that might be true if you have HF capability........

All you need is a simple CW receiver and an antenna. W1AW runs the legal

limit
into serious antennas; it should pound into MI on 80 and 40 with no

problem.

Don't even have a shortwave reciever at this point, as where I live the
RFI is ridiculous as hell. My current residence also as well must have been
lined with lead at some point, as nothing can be recieved by either tv or
broadcast am/fm radio either......

Until I move, HF is pretty much out of the question.....

Sounds like you may have:

- Stucco-over-metal lath exterior walls
- Metal framing
- Metal roofing or under-roofing
- Steel or aluminum siding
- Combination of the above.

Hope you are feeling better, Ryan.

Thanks, definitely better, but have a bit to go yet.

Keep us posted! And take it easy.

73 de Jim, N2EY