Old September 22nd 03, 07:04 PM
Mike Coslo

Leo wrote:
Thanks, Mike.

There are two ways to argue a point - argue the subject, or attack the
person that you are argiung with (the latter is called "ad hominem" -
as old as time itself.

Ahh, such as when I'm called Hockey Puck, Drug abusing, Mentally
(deranged I believe) and the other insults I've long ago forgotten?

So, what's the Defense? None required. Why argue with the guy?

I do not. As my first attempt dissolved into his claims that I was
trying to squelch his free speech (ahhh, sounds a little like another
chap here we've been chatting with lately) So he can spout his vitriol
without my input or response.

Sure, he needs the confrontation to feed his ego, but that's not going
to happen at my expense. He can say anything he wants, but he cannot
get to me unless I let him. In this way, I remain in control.

Yup

Feel sorry for our friend instead - but for the grace of God, that
could be you, or me, or someone we care about someday in the future!

I do, I do.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old October 8th 03, 09:11 AM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Wow! That's quite a policy statement from a country with a little more
than 120 radio amateurs and it comes hot on the heels of the big move by
Ireland with its slightly more than 1,500 hams.

Wow! You've stated that you've operated from countries where you were
the only active amateur.

I don't recall making a statement about attempting to influence a
foreign country's policy on amateur radio.

I don't recall saying that.

Somehow that was significant then, but 120 or 1,500 native amateurs
aren't?

Yes, it is significant that a country has only one radio amateur.

In what way?

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

No, I made no comparison to my being in a unique situation and a country
having a small population of radio amateurs deciding to abolish morse
testing.

But these countries which have a native population of amateurs should
be allowed self-rule?

Whether they should "be allowed to" have self-rule matters not. They
have it.

Why are 120 or 1,500 native amateurs not
significant?

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

There's that famous Heil smugness again.

Not really, my little electrolyte. It is simply you attempting once
again to tie two unrelated events together.

And you attempting to discount countries with low native amateur
populations.

Ahhh! You may be getting closer to understanding my statements though I
made no statements concerning "native amateur populations". Amateur
radio licenses figures are not broken down into "native" and
"non-native" categories. I didn't attempt to discount. I discounted.

Dave K8MN
Old October 8th 03, 06:04 PM
Brian

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

Ahhh! You may be getting closer to understanding my statements though I
made no statements concerning "native amateur populations". Amateur
radio licenses figures are not broken down into "native" and
"non-native" categories. I didn't attempt to discount. I discounted.

Dave K8MN

Thusly, you are smug Dave.
Old October 8th 03, 09:33 PM
Leo

Hey - that Yogi Berra stuff is sure catching on

(going back in the corner now...)

73, Leo

On 8 Oct 2003 19:10:19 GMT, Dick Carroll
wrote:

snip

.... it's almost a necessary requirement.

Old October 8th 03, 09:39 PM
BIG**AL**ABERNETHY**

"Leo" wrote in message
Hey - that Yogi Berra stuff is sure catching on

(going back in the corner now...)

73, Leo

STAY THERE UNTIL I CALL YOU OUT.

Old October 9th 03, 01:24 PM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

Ahhh! You may be getting closer to understanding my statements though I
made no statements concerning "native amateur populations". Amateur
radio licenses figures are not broken down into "native" and
"non-native" categories. I didn't attempt to discount. I discounted.

Thusly, you are smug Dave.

How did you reach that conclusion? Is it because you ask questions for
which there are obvious answers or is it because you haven't thought the
matter through?

If I had to choose between coming off as smug or coming off as dim, I'd
pick smug every time.

Dave K8MN
Old October 9th 03, 01:28 PM
Brian

Dick Carroll wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:
Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

Ahhh! You may be getting closer to understanding my statements though I
made no statements concerning "native amateur populations". Amateur
radio licenses figures are not broken down into "native" and
"non-native" categories. I didn't attempt to discount. I discounted.

Dave K8MN

Thusly, you are smug Dave.

When dealing with you it's almost a necessary requirement.

Especially the part about me getting closer to understanding a
statement he didn't make?

What an idiot!

Almost - necessary - requirement?

Its amazing how you were able to string those big words together.
Old October 14th 03, 02:48 PM
Brian

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

Ponder the matter. The answer will come to you.

Ahhh! You may be getting closer to understanding my statements though I
made no statements concerning "native amateur populations". Amateur
radio licenses figures are not broken down into "native" and
"non-native" categories. I didn't attempt to discount. I discounted.

Dave K8MN

Thusly, you are smug Dave.

When dealing with you it's almost a necessary requirement.

Especially the part about me getting closer to understanding a
statement he didn't make?

What an idiot!

Well, yes! That's your profile.

Almost - necessary - requirement?

Only ocassionally do you manage to catch a passing information wave.
I could probably bette describe if but not in so few words.

Its amazing how you were able to string those big words together.

You can probably find an online dictioary if you go Googling.

Dick, get back to me when you can write a coherent statement, question, or comment.

John Cahill Ei7V KCarroll General 0 October 4th 04 07:49 PM
End of CW in Ireland Clint Policy 13 October 8th 03 12:02 PM