Old September 19th 03, 03:58 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet writes:

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet writes:

the PCTA crowd just said "six mega what ???"

you screwed up and mentioned something modern
and applicable in the real world.... they're trapped
in 1952.

Clint:

In exactly what way is transmitting 6 megapixel color images using
CW "applicable in the real world?"

This shouldn't take long. I shall use short words with few syllables so
that you can understand what I had said.

Clint:

Ah, the old "start off with an insult to the intelligence to the poster"
opening. A classic on Usenet, particularly on rrap. Well done -- you've
already lost your argument!

Obviously you flew over it
without any REAL discrimination to the actual wording.

Not really, but if it gives you comfort to think so, who am I to deny
you your little pleasure?

I never claimed you COULD send that with CW.

Ah Ha! That makes one wonder why you mentioned it, then…

What I was saying is that the majority of the CW-using crowd is
trapped in a time warp that keeps them set back 30 years or so
(evident by thier "hell bent for leather" desire to keep cw testing
around), and wouldn't understand the concept of anything modern
(such as updating the various requirements in ham radio).

Well, we all know that this isn't true, just another specious
non-argument by a whining NCTA.

BTW -- if I'm "trapped in 1952" -- the year I was born, BTW, why isn't
a gallon of gasoline selling for 24 cents? Damn those time traps --
they're never around when you need them!

and, likewise, the cost of living along with the average wages were
considerably less.

True enough. I guess what we need is a selective "time trap" that just
"traps" prices.

My advice, in the future, is to think before you talk, lest your
foot winds up in your mouth and you look silly.

Yeah -- good thing I wasn't "talking."

"better to keep your mouth shut and have people WONDER
if your stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt."

And, you even finish with an insult to my intelligence. I'll say one
thing for you, my friend, you really have this Usenet thing dialed in!

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old September 19th 03, 05:03 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Arnie Macy"
writes:

"Len Over 21" wrote ...

I snipped the rest because it is well known that my Emergency Management
Agency *uses* every piece of technology I listed -- and Len knows it too

Here Isabel is about to make landfall and Big Arnie is making all the
boasting in this newsgroup without being Out There helping to Save The Day
Through Ham Band CW.
_________________________________________________ __________________

Even after a year of killfile, I see that you have the same mantra, Len.

You never had me "killfiled," hypocrite.

You were busy "working to track Isabel for a year" or something similar.

You never did check out a working US Army field communications center
or even investigate the how and why of US Army comm use when you
were supposedly working for the US Army. You had ample time to do so.

But you never did and you had far more/easier access than most.

You must have found out an awful truth...that the US military does NOT
use any morse code for communications now!

Poor baby. Still bitter about that, huh?

You are trying to turn that bitterness around by making up more BS
about the morse code.

Doesn't work, Ah-nold...you aren't the Codinator from the future.

You are only carrying on a relic of the past.

"Ahl be back."

LHA

Ho
Hum boring -- as usual. Don't you ever get tired of being so wrong, so mad,
and so bitter all the time?

Old September 19th 03, 05:22 AM
Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL

(Len Over 21) wrote in
:

You never had me "killfiled," hypocrite.

You were busy "working to track Isabel for a year" or something
similar.

You never did check out a working US Army field communications
center or even investigate the how and why of US Army comm use
when you were supposedly working for the US Army. You had ample
time to do so.

But you never did and you had far more/easier access than most.

You must have found out an awful truth...that the US military does
NOT use any morse code for communications now!

ATTENTION USENET VISITORS, THIS AREA HAS BEEN DECLARED A TROLL
WILDLIFE REFUGE. TO LEARN ABOUT THE TROLL, ITS HABITAT, AND
ITS WAY OF LIFE, PLEASE READ THE SIGN-POST BELOW. IF YOU WOULD
LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TROLL, YOU CAN PICK UP BOOKS AND
SOUVENIRS IN THE GIFT SHOP AT THE END OF THE TOUR. THANK YOU
IN ADVANCE FOR OBSERVING ALL TROLL WILDLIFE REFUGE RULES, HAVE
A NICE DAY.

| Common name: Woodland Troll |
| Scientific name: Trollus Useneticus |

################################################## ##########
# #
# PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: #
# #
# The common woodland troll (Trollus Useneticus) is an #
# approximately 1.7m long nocturnal furry creature that #
# has been found to exist in nearly every climate and #
# latitude. Predominant features include: a very pale #
# complexion, a large bony ridge above the eyes, a dense #
# cranium, dragging knuckles, and a pungent odor. #
# #
################################################## ##########

################################################## ##########
# #
# HABITAT: #
# #
# Most trolls spend the daylight hours under a large rock #
# sleeping. Unfortunately, the natural habitat of the #
# troll has been encroached by development (as is all too #
# common these days). The modern troll has to make due #
# with a slimy, moss covered rock. Often, trolls are #
# forced to endure poor sanitation and filthy living #
# conditions. Combined with the general lack of hygiene #
# among trolls, this results in a very unpleasant odor. #
# #
################################################## ##########

################################################## ##########
# #
# ACTIVITIES AND DIET: #
# #
# During their active period at night, the common troll #
# engages in numerous activities, though the most #
# important of these is foraging for food. The one #
# characteristic that ties all different troll species #
# and sub-species together is their diet. Trolls #
# invariably survive off of a combination of cheetos, #
# arguments, and annoying others. A typical troll #
# requires approximately 10 arguments and flames per day #
# just to stay alive. With the increasing use of #
# killfiles and just regular ignoring of trolls, it has #
# become more and more difficult for trolls to eke out a #
# basic sustenance. #
# #
################################################## ##########

################################################## ##########
# #
# KNOWN PREDATORS: #
# #
# Unfortunately, trolls have many predators. Most common #
# among them are the helpful researcher, the informative #
# poster, the cool headed responder, and the kill-filer. #
# The cool header responder is technically not a troll #
# predator however. Trolls are typically unfazed by #
# logical counter arguments and cool headed reason. #
# However, even though their posts do not deliver the #
# same level of sustenance that a "flamer" or an "annoyed #
# poster" may provide, they still provide a valuable #
# source of dietary fiber for the troll. #
# #
# The most dangerous predators for the trolls are the #
# helpful researcher, the informative poster, and the #
# kill-filer. The common troll is highly allergic to #
# fact, real data, and research. Upon skin contact with #
# actual hard evidence and real data, the troll will #
# experience intense itching and burning at the site of #
# contact, followed by lesions and blisters. Eventually, #
# this results in loss of skin near the area of contact, #
# and usually to loss of a limb (in the example of #
# contact near the arm or leg). Contact with facts and #
# data near the facial area usually results in a slow #
# painful death. Contact with extremely high doses of #
# fact and hard data can cause temporary loss of #
# consciousness and even permanent brain damage for the #
# troll. #
# #
# The kill-filer poses a much more insidious threat to #
# the troll. Not posing a direct threat to the troll per #
# se, the kill-filer simply deprives the troll of yet #
# another source of nourishment. Some trolls have #
# developed counter measures to thwart the kill-filers, #
# usually this takes the form of a type of camoflage. #
# #
# The trolls' predators have reaped a terrible slaughter #
# over the years, resulting in the death of great hordes #
# of trolls. Trolls continue to breed rapidly though and #
# their population is stable. However, it is unknown how #
# long this situation can persist. Eventually, natural #
# predators and poachers may result in lower numbers of #
# trolls. Already we are seeing lower diversity among #
# the different troll species. That is why this troll #
# habitat refuge exists, to ensure the preservation of #
# the troll for not only our future, but the future of #
# our children. #
# #
################################################## ##########

/ This troll habitat refuge has been paid for in part by /
/ the anti Troll-Defamation League, the International /
/ Society for the Advancement of Trolls, and the Troll /
/ Habitat Preservation Alliance. /

Old September 19th 03, 04:12 PM
Mike Coslo

Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL wrote:

# The kill-filer poses a much more insidious threat to #
# the troll. Not posing a direct threat to the troll per #
# se, the kill-filer simply deprives the troll of yet #
# another source of nourishment. Some trolls have #
# developed counter measures to thwart the kill-filers, #
# usually this takes the form of a type of camoflage. #

Isn't there a category for the person who reads the troll's posts, and
then gives them the response they deserve, namely none?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 20th 03, 01:26 AM
Clint

"Robert" wrote in message

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote

[ transmitting a 6 mega-pixel image]

I never claimed you COULD send that with CW.

well, I was just responding to his words he tried to
shove in my mouth.

It would only take 138.88 days.....

hey, we're rock'n!

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 20th 03, 06:46 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message

"Robert" wrote in message

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote

[ transmitting a 6 mega-pixel image]

I never claimed you COULD send that with CW.

well, I was just responding to his words he tried to
shove in my mouth.

It would only take 138.88 days.....

hey, we're rock'n!

Clint
KB5ZHT

It continues to amaze me how these no knowledge, no experience, code haters
think they know so much about the mode.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 20th 03, 06:58 PM
Clint

I don't know hardly any code haters myself. I myself aren't one, I
enjoy using it. Most the hams I know either love it or are indifferent
towards it, that is, they have no opinion on the use of CW one
way or the other.

It's the testing of a skill that you may or may not elect to use
that I think meets rejection.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 21st 03, 01:33 AM
Len Over 21

In article k.net,
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com writes:

It continues to amaze me how these no knowledge, no experience, code haters
think they know so much about the mode.

Dan/W4NTI

It continues to amaze me how those no-knowledge, no-experience, code
lovers of amateur radio cannot get on the ball and overcome their
ignorance of all the other modes of communictions!

LHA
Old September 23rd 03, 03:19 AM
Clint

Ya PUTZ!

I like the part in the previous thread where the PCTA's accuse
the NCTA's of name calling.

OOPS, you're the one that just did that. My bad.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 23rd 03, 11:30 AM
N2EY

In article , "Robert" writes:

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote

[ transmitting a 6 mega-pixel image]

I never claimed you COULD send that with CW.

Well, actually, you _could_. I don't have all the tech stuff handy
to determine just how large a 6 mega-pixel 24-bit color image would actually
_be_, so let's just call it a 6 megabyte file, making it, what, 48 million
bits? Now, how many bits in a 'word' of Morse, average? A dozen, maybe? So,
sending at, let's say, 20 wpm gives us a hypothetical bit-rate of 240
bits/min or 4 bits/sec, so we come out with a mere 12 million seconds to
transmit the image (I _swear_ I did not intend for that answer to come out
that simple!).
It would only take 138.88 days.....

Ah, but you forget an important step in the analysis!

One picture is worth a thousand words. Therefore, the time required to send a
"Morse picture" at 20 wpm is equal to 1,000/20 = 50 minutes with no
compression.

73 de Jim, N2EY

No Heaven for CW coders Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL General 3 September 19th 03 04:12 PM
No Heaven for CW coders garigue Policy 0 September 17th 03 09:52 PM
Question for the No coders Elmer E Ing Policy 168 August 21st 03 03:58 AM
Question for the No coders : post from Kim N2EY Policy 57 August 13th 03 05:03 AM