Old September 24th 03, 05:30 PM
Frank Todd K3EKO

Default Dan/W4NTI

Dan says that I never admitted to what I did in the past. This post
from a few years back shows that I did.

PS: I also apologized to him for my actions!

From: Dan/W4NTI )
Subject: A TIP OF THE CAP TO K3EKO
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc
Date: 2000/01/15

In article ,
" wrote:
At one time there was considerable friction between me and Frank

Todd, K3EKO
and I'm sure quite a few would like to see it continue. It ended. For

more
than a month he and I have been communicating privately or as

privately as
the Internet allows and I've grown to really admire him. I learned a lot
about that fine young man much of which will remain confidential and

for all
who do not know what I know about him, I'm saying he's highly intelligent
and courageous and deserves the respect of every ham on the air and

on this
board which I own. I want to openly apologize to him for anything I had
written negatively which includes the episode visiting Herbie on Saint
Croix. There must be some good in everyone and I therefore thank Herb and
Monika Schoenbohm for giving Frank a fine Caribbean vacation which he

richly
deserved. We hams hear voices and read posts and draw conclusions which
oftimes are off base. For instance when Frank was being "wined and

dined" by
Al Abernethy, K3QAM and others whom I didn't particularly like, I

saw him
as a mere pawn who was being trained to use ham radio unlawfully.

Frank was
coming across abrasively and insolently which made me view him as

nothing
more than a punk. Something happened which put things into focus and

I'll be
darned if I can remember what it was but suddenly I saw him quite
differently. We began e-mailing one another and I'm sure he then saw me
differently too and now our friendship is etched in stone. Once again

I will
not divulge certain elements that changed my opinion of Mr.Todd but this
I'll say. That fellow attends one of the best higher centers of

learning in
this nation, a school of which I'm especially proud, Penn State

University.
He is not in good health but is determined to take one day at a time and
come through the siege. And fellow hams; he WILL-that's the kind of

guy he
is. And furthermore I'm going to attend his graduation and if I have

to sit
with "Queenie" to do it, that's just fine. Frank's welfare and success
transcend any personal dislikes I have. A tip of my cap to you Frank Todd
and God bless!
Doc,AF2Y

Doc,

You owe Herb Schoenbohm a thank you for helping put Frank on the
correct path. One day Frank was on 20ssb from Herb's station. I was
on frequency and broke in to say hello to Herb. Herb said would I like
to talk with Franky, I declined. He asked why...and I told him I
didn't appreciate how he treated me on the air without him even having
a callsign (at that time). A short pause later Frank came on the air
and apologized to me. I accepted and from then on have been in contact
with him via e-mail.

As for him talking with you and some of the "others in our camp" ...he
and I discussed it and he made the proper moves..with some minor help
from me.

Frank Todd is a good young man now, and a asset to amateur radio.

Dan/W4NTI

--
"Just tellin the truth, and they cain't stand it."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

--
73

Frank K3EKO

Old September 24th 03, 09:31 PM
Dan/W4NTI

From: Dan/W4NTI )
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc
Date: 2000/01/15

In article ,
" wrote:
[...]

All fine and wonderful Frank. But your still a barfy and a stumper, right?

Dan/W4NTI

Dan/W4NTI Frank Todd General 0 September 24th 03 03:32 AM
There is no International Code Requirement and techs can operate HF according to FCC Rules JJ General 159 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
ATTN: Tech Licensee USA Morse Code Freedom Day is August 1st Dwight Stewart Policy 300 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
Now That It's "Over"... Steve Robeson, K4CAP Policy 426 July 29th 03 06:49 AM