Old November 20th 03, 11:09 PM
KØHB

Gunny Robeson wants to be CO of rrap and LHA(jg) wants to be his XO. Why
don't you two lovebirds take you're interminable romantic spat to private
email and we could use this space for amateur radio policy discussions.

With kindest personal regards and best wishes for a long and happy life
together,

de Hans, K0HB

Old November 21st 03, 03:57 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"KØHB" wrote in message hlink.net...

Gunny Robeson wants to be CO of rrap....(SNIP)

Untrue, but I am sure it makes you feel better to think so.

...(UNSNIP)and LHA(jg) wants to be his XO. Why
don't you two lovebirds take you're interminable romantic spat to private
email and we could use this space for amateur radio policy discussions.

Un huh...Like the hundreds of OTHER "valid" "amateur radio policy
discussions" that take place here, Hans?

The irrepressible re-workings of the same Code-vs-No Code
arguments of the last 10 years...is THAT the "amateur radio policy
discussions" to which you refer...?!?!

Because I SURE don't see too many other "valid" discussions, by
you or anyone else. We keep re-hashing th Code issue, or whose census
numbers are right.

With kindest personal regards and best wishes for a long and happy life
together,

I think you spent too many long showers on USS GrayGayBang,
Hans...Forgot to let that soap slide when she heeled over, didn't
you...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ
Old November 21st 03, 04:02 AM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

You've never come up with a straight answer for an explanation about
Frankline Roosevelt referring to himself as "President Roosevelt".

Dave K8MN

I took an excerpt from someone else's material. The part in the
quotation marks is Franklin[e] Roosevelt's quote. You typically find
quotes within quatation marks, or at least I do. Do you have trouble
identifying quotation marks? Please let me help you.

They look like this: "quoted material"

Please notice that the quoted material really is within the quotation
marks.

The material is then referenced to a web site where I encouraged
readers to click and read the entire article for themselves. Do you
have trouble clicking on a hyperlink? Please let me help you.

Using the mouse, navigate your cursor to the location of the
hyperlink. When the cursor is over the hyperlink, left click once.
It really is that simple, and I'm glad to have been of assistance.

After this little episode of educating you yet another time, your
self-imposed stupidity cannot be excused any longer. Please deal with
it in a more constructive manner.

Sorry, little electrolyte, you wrote "Franklin Roosevelt is to have
said:". That was followed by more material copied from a web site by
you. Just because you provide links to material does not obligate me to
use them or even to feign interest in doing so. Now, let's take a look
at what you cribbed and posted:

Concerning the "Bonus Army" of 1932, where veterans of The War to End
All Wars (1917/1918) were due a bonus in 1945, but wanted payment
early because they lost their homes in the Great Depression, Franklin
Roosevelt is to have said:

------------
In the end, some money was paid to veterans but not without further
difficulties. Within a year of the Bonus Army Incident, President
Roosevelt imposed the Economy Act of 1933 which cut veterans
disability allowances by 25%. In the effort to cut federal expenses,
veterans were viewed as having inordinate special status over
civilians. During the 1932 election campaign, he had publicly
proclaimed: "No one [merely] because he wore a uniform must therefore
be placed in a special class of beneficiaries over and above all other
citizens. The fact of wearing a uniform does not mean that he can
demand and receive from his government a benefit which no other
citizen receives."
end quote =======================

Now, what do you make of that colon hanging at the end of "Franklin
Roosevelt is to have said:"? What does it indicate to you.

You can't place blame on me because you can't get your act together. If
what you posted wasn't what you meant to convey or if the words aren't
yours (since you've ignored common English rules for quoting someone
else), perhaps you'll want to look the material over next time.

Dave K8MN

Dave, you just revealed that you really did understand the post, and
that your sel-imposed stupidity is just another act for us to be
amused with. Congratulations.

You'll recall that I asked if you thought Franklin Roosevelt called
himself "President Roosevelt". That didn't indicate confusion on my
part. It pointed out an inconsistency in your post. Now you've spent
days attempting to defend your error.

Dave K8MN
Old November 21st 03, 11:07 AM
Brian

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Roosevelt is to have said:

------------
[...]

You've spent days dumb-assing your way through this and now you say
you didn't know if FDR referred to himself as "President Roosevelt."

Don't give up your retirement. You'd never make it in the real world.

Old November 21st 03, 04:54 PM
Mike Coslo

Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote:
"KØHB" wrote in message hlink.net...

Gunny Robeson wants to be CO of rrap....(SNIP)

Untrue, but I am sure it makes you feel better to think so.

Has Hans seemed a little, um , testy lately Steve? A little early for
cabin fever I think.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old November 22nd 03, 02:27 AM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Roosevelt is to have said:

------------
[...]

Your logic is quite unique. You screw up and that is, in some way,
supposed to reflect badly on me for noticing. Fact is, you didn't post
what old Franklin is to have said.

Don't give up your retirement.

Did you have an idea that I had such a desire? If I was working and
noticed your error, would things somehow be different?

You'd never make it in the real world.

I did make it and in several fields. What has that to do with your
error? Are you still finding it difficult to admit it?

Dave K8MN
Old November 22nd 03, 10:04 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

You'd never make it in the real world.

I did make it and in several fields. What has that to do with your
error? Are you still finding it difficult to admit it?

Brain's still stymied by "authorization" and "acceptance".

73

Steve, K4YZ

Happy Holidays and thanks to the group Noise From Afar Antenna 0 December 2nd 04 07:24 PM
Happy Holidays Bob Raymond General 1 December 21st 03 05:12 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all gil Boatanchors 0 November 27th 03 02:32 PM
Bush Screws Veterans Again That Other George General 3 August 14th 03 07:37 PM
Happy Independence Day Bert Craig Policy 1 July 4th 03 04:41 PM