Old December 1st 03, 04:12 AM
Mike Coslo

Phil Kane wrote:

On 30 Nov 2003 04:24:46 -0800, Brian wrote:

I never did see the pictures of Dr. Laura...

You didn't miss anything.

Ahh, she wans't bad looking. (actually she still is good looking) But
looks don't have anything to do with it. Anne Coulter is an attractive
woman too, but there is something seriously wrong with her. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 1st 03, 04:27 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Phil Kane"
writes:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 06:58:49 -0500, Brett wrote:

And it could very well delay a new artificial limb for my friend
who was on board the USS LIBERTY

The same USS LIBERTY about which the United States National
Security Agency told the Israeli Kirya (the equivalent of the
Pentagon) THREE TIMES "it's not ours" even after the second time
the Israelis warned the Pentagon that "if it isn't yours we are going
to blast it out of the water"?

The same USS LIBERTY that, when the Mirages came over to assess the
damage caused by the first strike, THEN showed the US flag and the
Mirages pulled back.

The same USS LIBERTY about which the US government has never come
clean about the cover-up with either the public or the troops that
were aboard, and even in the release of the formerly-classified
communications transcripts a few months ago never 'fessed up to
their part in getting the ship attacked?

You can find a good accounting of the USS Liberty in Chapter 7,
"Blood," in James Bamford's "Body of Secrets," Doubleday, 2001.

As to "coming clean," Bamford blew you out of the water on the
details over two years ago.

LHA
Old December 1st 03, 10:58 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Brian) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message
.com...
"Phil Kane" wrote in message

st.net...
On 29 Nov 2003 01:58:17 GMT, N2EY wrote:

And to our service people - spending next Thanksgiving with their
families at home.

Amen, brother.

Regardless of politics or policies, our prayers and thoughts are with
them.

73 de Jim, N2EY

There you go, Jim. Your prayers and moral support is all that you can
give to those deployed.

No, there's more.

Tearing down their CIC hurts them, not helps
them, and won't bring them home any sooner for Thanksgiving or
anything else.

So no one should criticize the president whenever there are troops deployed
anywhere? That's what you seem to be saying.

Who sent American military personnel to the Balkans? Should no one have
criticized him until they all came home?

There will always be deployed service people over
Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Why must it be that way?

I was told growing up that there would *always* be a need for more and more
nuclear weapons and delivery systems, because we had to counter the Soviet
threat, and they'd *never* agree to dismantling their weapons or even seriously
reducing their numbers. SAC bombers in the air, boomers on patrol under the
sea, ICBMs in silos all over the country - and there was serious talk of
development of space-based systems, hypersonic cruise missiles, and many other
systems.

How much threat is the the old Soviet Union now? The biggest threat they pose
is if some of their weapons wind up in a terrorist's hands.

Recall that Gorbachev proposed massive dismantling of nukes 20 years ago but
Reagan would not agree because Gorby tied a ban on serious SDI development to
it.

That's just the way it works
when you raise your right hand and swear in. And all the people who
raise their right hands know it.

A lot of things thought to be impossible have become reality, though.

Old December 1st 03, 10:58 AM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Phil Kane wrote:

On 30 Nov 2003 04:24:46 -0800, Brian wrote:

I never did see the pictures of Dr. Laura...

You didn't miss anything.

Ahh, she wans't bad looking. (actually she still is good looking) But
looks don't have anything to do with it. Anne Coulter is an attractive
woman too, but there is something seriously wrong with her. 8^)

Well said, Mike!

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old December 1st 03, 11:58 AM
N2EY

In article , "Phil Kane"
writes:

On 30 Nov 2003 08:39:47 -0800, N2EY wrote:

Hillary made a big show of going, so Dubya trumped her. Neat trick.

Another bozo.

Or bozoette?

It's accurate to call her that. I prefer the gender-neutral version ggg

See "I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus" (Firesign Theatre)

Point is, she got trumped soundly by Dubya's move.

Serves her right.

'zactly. Her attempt at free publicity got lost in the noise.

"Forgotten heroes of a forgotten war" (from the song "And The Band
Played Waltzing Matilda")

Yup.

And to our service people - spending next Thanksgiving with their
families at home.

Amen, brother.

Regardless of politics or policies, our prayers and thoughts are with
them.

Mine also.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old December 3rd 03, 05:40 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Alun" wrote in message
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in
ink.net:

Agreed

It is not the 'immigration policy' that is so bad. Its the wide open
borders that are a real problem.

Dan/W4NTI

Well, the border with Mexico seems to be almost impossible to close, from
what I've seen. Probably the only way to fix the problem is to try to help
fix the Mexican economy. Don't ask me how.

I saw a documentary on TV about migrants moving to work in factories just
across the border on the Mexican side, and most of them seem to live in
conditions that are as bad as anything we had in the Victorian era, i.e.
during the original industrial revolution. What is interesting is that a
minority of enlightened factory owners have built nice houses for their
workers - exactly as happened over 100 years ago. However, most of the
factory workers seem to live in shanties, places where water is something
that is delivered by a truck.

It's no wonder that many of them would rather go a few miles further and
cross the border if they can.

At the probability of ticking off everyone again.....that is not our
problem. (USA).

It is the problem of and the fault of the corupt Mexican governments.
Notice I said governments.

They have oil, they have a beautiful tourist location. But the officials
are too busy pocketing the gringo dollars.

I say put up a fence like the Berlin wall. And issue orders to shoot to
kill. That will end it.

Dan/W4NTI

Old December 5th 03, 02:51 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message link.net...
"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote in message
om...

Excuse me Steve, but I don't remember the Jews of Europe, in the pre NAZI
days, sending in human bombs. Or shooting at soldiers, or declaring that
Isreal has no right to exist.

I think your compairison is flawed.

Israel has no choice but to fight. If they do not they will indeed cease to
exist.

Perhaps it was an unbalanced comparison, Dan, but there's several
things that rub me the wrong way.

The first is that the State of Israel was formed, for the most
part, by people who we not born there. They came, they saw, they took
what they wanted and the natives were just "S.O.L.". Yes...I know
this is the same way the US evolved, but it still doesn't make it
right.

Secondly, the State of Israel is no stranger to spreading a bit
of terror around itself. If you doubt me, do a bit of research on the
Likud Party and one of it's more famous members, Menachim Begin.
Before he got himself elected Prime Minister and invited to break
bread at Camp David, ole Menachim took some special pleasure in
dispatching Palestinians and British alike. Some of the "tactics" you
may recognize as those that the State of Isreal currently cries foul
over now...

Lastly, the Israelis, in my opinion anyway, still have a lot of
explaining to do for the way they do business with their "friends",
specifically us and the USS Liberty affair. Thier "misidentification"
story still doesn't wash.

My point is this...there's a circle of violence that is occuring
in the Middle East...it's been going on since prehistoric times and
will probably continue until the sun goes nova, so we ought to cut our
losses and leave them to thier lifestyle. They'd not know how to act
any other way.

Our only valid interest in that region is maintaining the
petroleum flow and free navigation via the Suez Canal. If geological
studies are correct, Russia has petroleum reserves that exceed
anything the Arabs have, so I think rather than sending arms to Israel
and money to the Arabs, we should be investing our engineering
resources farther north. The Arabs would go broke which would
relegate them back to bedouin tents in a generation. No money means
no guns, and the Israelis would no longer need OUR weapons.

Of course that would tick off the Germans who'd be selling a lot
fewer Mercedes and Audis, but they'd make up the slack on the back end
selling them in Moscow ! ! !

73

Steve, K4YZ