Old November 26th 03, 11:03 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Default Where Did THIS Come From...?!?!

Message 85 in thread
From: Brian )
Subject: ARRL you can Kiss my $39.00 a Year Good Bye

FROM A MISSED REPLY:
QUOTE:
View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy
Date: 2003-09-19 11:30:16 PST

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(Brian) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
Perhaps because the other poster didn't make a lot of assinine
assertions that are not substantiated by facts, Brain.

The ARS has improved since 1984. That's plain for everyone to see.

Then where does all this "Ham Radio Is Going To Hell" traffic
come from, Brain? Mostly from trolls, you and Lennie.

You may refer to "fact" in Websters to find out what they are,
Brain...You DO seem to have a problem with the concept.

Not at all. As Ronald Reagan said, "Facts are stupid things."

I'd expect notning less from you, Brain...You're nothing if not
consistent.

Thanks.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, not my fault that Ron said it, and I liked Ron. But his quote
applied in your declaration that amateur radio has not improved since
1984.

That is not fact.

UNQUOTE.

Sorry I missed this before!

Brain, how in the WORLD did YOU come up with the assertion that
I said that Amateur Radio has not improved since 1984...?!?!

You really ARE the idiot I imagined!

Just one more mangled episode of cranial flatulence on your part,
Brain. I'm just sorry I missed it the first time, however it's also
one more example of why I take great fun in sarcastically calling you
"Brain".

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving...And by the way, when Mrs
Brain says something like "It's time to carve the turkey", don't sweat
it...she's talking about the bird on the table...not the one sitting
next to her...

Steve, K4YZ
Old November 27th 03, 02:20 PM
Brian

Message 85 in thread
From: Brian )

FROM A MISSED REPLY:
QUOTE:
View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy
Date: 2003-09-19 11:30:16 PST

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Hey Steve, you are quoting ME saying that:

"The ARS has improved since 1984. That's plain for everyone to see."

And that's plain for everyone to see.

Happy Thanksgiving to you. I hope you are with your loved ones today
and give thanks for what you have, and for the system of government
that enables you to have it.

God bless GW Bush, Ron Reagan, and the troops deployed to hotspots the
around the world. The world is a better place because of them and we
cannot lose the faith.

I hope John Hinkley is eating institutionalized turkey cubes, canned
gravy, and instant mashed potatos on this thanksgiving day (such as
the meal I had in 1979), and that his parents have to come back
tomorrow during normal visiting hours to see him.

73, Brian/N0iMD
Old November 29th 03, 05:50 PM
Alun

(N2EY) wrote in news:20031129115807.23307.00004755@mb-
m29.aol.com:

In article ,
(Brian) writes:

Blowhard libs have tried soooo hard to wreck this country.

So have blowhard conservatives.

They've nearly succeeded,

How is this country "wrecked", compared to how things used to be?

but there are still a few people who give a damn about America, and GW
is one of them.

There are lots of others, including many who disagree with Mr. Bush.

It's the methods, not the person.

Well, I'm a foreigner in your country, but you can't deny that the economy
boomed under Clinton and is now on it's knees.

I'm not fond of the present government, but mainly for other reasons.
Civil liberties and John Ashcroft, mostly.

All in all, I can't really think of anything GW Bush has done domestically
that is anything to shout about. Tax cuts for the rich. Deficit spending.
I'm really trying to think of anything good (honestly), but nothing comes
to mind.

As for the war, why open that can of worms? Yes, Saddam is/was a very bad
guy. Do I beleive the reasons given for going to war? No. And yes, Blair
went along with it, but I don't like him a lot either.

.... but then I'm an anti-code test liberal, so what did you expect?

However, I actually do think it was a nice gesture for Dubbya to go to
Baghdad for Thanksgiving.

I'm sure this post will draw the usual 'love it or leave it' garbage from
at least someone, but never mind. I can take it.
Old November 29th 03, 07:43 PM
Dee D. Flint

(Brian) writes:

Blowhard libs have tried soooo hard to wreck this country.

So have blowhard conservatives.

They've nearly succeeded,

How is this country "wrecked", compared to how things used to be?

but there are still a few people who give a damn about America, and GW
is one of them.

There are lots of others, including many who disagree with Mr. Bush.

It's the methods, not the person.

Well, I'm a foreigner in your country, but you can't deny that the economy
boomed under Clinton and is now on it's knees.

The "Clinton boom" was a result of the building economy from the previous
administrations. The fall in the economy is a result of various economic
issues that developed in the latter part of the Clinton administration and
only began to be felt after he left office. I'm not blaming anyone mind you
but the economy started tanking right after the change in administration
BEFORE the whammy from 9/11 and the current administration hadn't yet
changed anything. The economy as a whole takes time to react. You have to
examine the several preceding years to find the causes not the current year.

I'm not fond of the present government, but mainly for other reasons.
Civil liberties and John Ashcroft, mostly.

All in all, I can't really think of anything GW Bush has done domestically
that is anything to shout about. Tax cuts for the rich. Deficit spending.
I'm really trying to think of anything good (honestly), but nothing comes
to mind.

The tax cuts went to the people paying taxes. How can you give cuts to
people who don't pay.

As for the war, why open that can of worms? Yes, Saddam is/was a very bad
guy. Do I beleive the reasons given for going to war? No. And yes, Blair
went along with it, but I don't like him a lot either.

... but then I'm an anti-code test liberal, so what did you expect?

However, I actually do think it was a nice gesture for Dubbya to go to
Baghdad for Thanksgiving.

Agree 100%. A leader shows his people that they are important. And that
was the purpose of his trip.

I'm sure this post will draw the usual 'love it or leave it' garbage from
at least someone, but never mind. I can take it.

Not from me that's for sure. We all have the right to work to make it
better even if we don't agree on what "better" is.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old November 30th 03, 01:38 AM
Dan/W4NTI

(Brian) writes:

[...]

The economy was taking a downturn BEFORE Clinton got out of office. The
economic policy of the Clinton presidency was what ??? Right, there was
none. He was riding on the coat tails of Reagan/Bush one.

Has everyone forgotten about 9/11? We are at war. Or has that little
detail been forgotten also?

It was not our choice to have some ragheads plow three jets into buildings,
and one into the ground and kill nearly 3000 innocents. Some of which were
MUSLIM.

But it is our choice how to respond. If you think Sadam didn't have
anything to do with it. Let me sell you a bridge in NYC.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 30th 03, 05:43 PM
Alun

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in
hlink.net:

(Brian) writes:

[...]

Just because I think he had nothing to do with it doesn't mean I'm in the
market to buy the Brooklyn Bridge. Quite the reverse, in fact. It's a bad
mistake to automatically assume that two bad guys who happen to have
nominally the same religion and live in roughly the same region are in
league together. They had their own agendas. It's just too easy to lump
all arabs together, but the middlle East is just more complicated than
that.