Old December 8th 03, 07:01 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"garigue" wrote in message
news:yMQAb.455303$HS4.3565022@attbi_s01...

A good CW operator will slow down to the others speed. It makes sense
really. Why keep going at QRQ if the other guy can't copy? Or maybe

they
are just showing off.

I wonder who will be impressed ?

Dan/W4NTI

Hello there Dan .....well I won't. I harbor no envy at the fellows who

are
50+ or distain at those who have been on for years and are still at "slow"
speeds. The important thing is that the mode and frequencies are being
utilized. I was just on 80 with a fellow from WVA ...boy the band had a

nice
mellow sound to it tonight.

God Bless 73 Tom Popovic KI3R Belle Vernon Pa.

I agree....its not the speed...its the accuracy.

Have a good one.

Dan/W4NTI

Old December 8th 03, 07:02 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
. ..
BUT THEN change the CW band plan.
Eliminate the current segregation of the CW bands by license level and
institute a band plan based on transmit speed. We could have Low

speed -
5
wpm, Medium speed - 12 wpm and High speed - 20 wpm band sections. Even

if
you have an Extra license, you need to stay out of the "Fast Lane"

unless
you can keep up with the traffic.
Regards,
Bill
KO6SI

so is that:

Low speed - 0 up to 5 wpm
Medium - 5 wpm up to 12 wpm
High - 12 to 20

just curious where the 30wpm folks would then operate.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Anywhere they want....

Dan/W4NTI

Old December 9th 03, 03:20 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Bill Sohl" wrote in message

link.net...
[...]

Hey, not so fast with splitting up the bands. I'm still trying to get
at what level "CW proficiency" begins.

I would pick 13wpm as that is the speed that once a person has attained it,
the code will stay with them and not be forgotten. They may get rusty but
are unlikely to forget. This is discussed in the book "The Art & Skill of
Radiotelegraphy."

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

From the Extra question pool: The dipole David Robbins General 1 January 23rd 04 05:32 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
ATTN: Tech Licensee USA Morse Code Freedom Day is August 1st Dwight Stewart Policy 300 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
There is no International Code Requirement and techs can operate N2EY Policy 1 July 31st 03 10:33 PM
NCVEC NPRM for elimination of horse and buggy morse code requirement. Keith Policy 1 July 31st 03 03:46 AM