Old December 21st 03, 02:57 AM
Robert Casey

Default New Q signs

QMC = Merry Christmas
QMX = Merry Xmas
QHH = Happy Hoildays
QHY = Happy new Year

Old December 24th 03, 03:06 AM
KØHB

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote

BTW: I hold the fervent hope that there is someone out there who is

offended
by my emphasis of the name "Christ" in the word "CHRISTmas."

What an odd wish! I would think you'd hold fervent hope for unanimous
approval of that emphasis.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 24th 03, 04:14 AM
Robert Casey

KØHB wrote:

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote

BTW: I hold the fervent hope that there is someone out there who is

offended

by my emphasis of the name "Christ" in the word "CHRISTmas."

What an odd wish! I would think you'd hold fervent hope for unanimous
approval of that emphasis.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Saw a card saying "Keep Santa in Xmas". A kind of back ended statement to
make you laugh a little and to remind you to keep Christ in Christmas.

Old December 30th 03, 07:24 PM
Hole E. Ghost

On 24 Dec 2003 02:46:51 GMT, ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)
wrote:

73 and Merry CHRISTmas, de Larry, K3LT

BTW: I hold the fervent hope that there is someone out there who is offended
by my emphasis of the name "Christ" in the word "CHRISTmas." If so, please
do me a favor and reply with an amusing post about how I'm being Politically
Incorrect, or something like that!

LT

You're not bring politically incorrect - just stupid.

I am sick and tired of the signs and the pious folks who loudly
proclaim that "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON" and "KEEP CHRIST IN
CHRISTMAS". It is moments like this that confirms my suspicion that
most Christians are a bunch of illiterate dumbasses. If one of them
even took a moment to read something else besides the bible, they
would find out that the original reason for the season is the Winter
Solstice. You see, what happens when you read non-fiction is this; you
actually learn something.

For centuries the church could not decide on the proper date of the
birth of JC (bible scholars are still debating if this person actually
existed, or if he was just another concoction of the church to control
the masses), according to Ruth Reichmann of the Max Kade
German-American Center, IUPUI, "Pagans had traditionally decked their
halls with boughs of holly, evergreens and mistletoe to symbolize
winter's inability to prevent the renewal of life. Merrymaking came to
have a share in Christmas observance through popular enthusiasm. The
medieval secular celebrations lasted for a "season," extending from
Christmas eve to Epiphany, and in some localities even from St.
Thomas' Day, Dec. 21 (honoring the "doubting Thomas," disciple of
Jesus) to Candlemas (February 2).
There was some dispute about the proper date of the birth of Christ
and not everyone agrees even to this day. It was not until A.D. 350,
that December 25 was declared the official date for celebrating
Christmas by Pope Julius I. When the fathers of the church decided to
settle upon a date to celebrate the event, they wisely chose the day
of the winter solstice, since it coincided with some rival religions'
celebrations and the rebirth of the sun and approaching longer days,
symbolized by bon-fires and yule logs. December 25 was a festival long
before the conversion of the Germanic peoples to Christianity, it
seemed fitting that the time of their winter festival would also be
the time to celebrate the birth of Christ. The darkness that had
frightened and threatened to defeat the ancient pagans, was forever
defeated by the coming of Christ."

So there you have it. Jesus was not the reason for the season.
Christmas, as we know it, is another example of Christian plagiarism
and crusades. They stole the holiday from the pagan to wipe out the
competition by creating the myth of a fake birth to a virgin. Can you
believe that people actually buy that? "Honest honey, it was an angel
of god, not Bob next door."

So enjoy the holidays with family and friends. It is a special
time, the beginning of Winter, the shortest day of the year (in the
northern hemisphere), but please do not insult the nonbelievers with
the Christian-fabricated myth of the "reason for the season."

Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1422 ­ November 12, 2004 Radionews Dx 0 November 12th 04 07:24 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1422 ­ November 12, 2004 Radionews Dx 0 November 12th 04 07:24 PM
Call signs You can IRON-ON your own shirts Check it out We cut it you IRON IT! videorov General 1 September 24th 04 02:12 AM
RRAP call signs in SS KØHB Policy 24 November 22nd 03 07:20 PM
Portable/mobile call signs Sterling Garwood Policy 3 August 17th 03 04:33 AM