Old January 14th 04, 08:13 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Alun" wrote in message
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep
in mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for
General or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF
privileges. With the speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a
year from now seems rather iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Well, you'd like to think so, I'm sure.

Regardless of my wishes or your wishes, the government will take the time
that it deems appropriate. Having dealt with a few government programs at
times in my life, the snail's pace seems more typical than the speeding
bullet pace.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 15th 04, 03:35 AM
Alun

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good
until element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days.
Keep in mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping
code for General or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited
HF privileges. With the speed with the FCC is not moving, less than
a year from now seems rather iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Well, you'd like to think so, I'm sure.

Regardless of my wishes or your wishes, the government will take the
time that it deems appropriate. Having dealt with a few government
programs at times in my life, the snail's pace seems more typical than
the speeding bullet pace.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

However, the code test was abolished by the ITU way back on July 5th last
year. More than one year from _now_ would be more than eighteen months,
which doesn't seem likely to me, nor is that fast by any stretch.

I am down for May 1st in the pool, which is only about 10 months. That
maybe a little short, but I would be very surprised indeed if it went over
15 months, which would be this November.

As I said, you would like to think it would take longer, but that is
because you don't want it to happen. Perhaps I have picked an earlier date
because I take the opposite view, but I doubt if I am out by more than a
few months.

73 de Alun, N3KIP
Old January 15th 04, 04:13 AM
Brian

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"Alun" wrote in message
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep
in mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for
General or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF
privileges. With the speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a
year from now seems rather iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Well, you'd like to think so, I'm sure.

Regardless of my wishes or your wishes, the government will take the time
that it deems appropriate. Having dealt with a few government programs at
times in my life, the snail's pace seems more typical than the speeding
bullet pace.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

D2, you are so incredibly wise. You immediately spotted and
understood the corruption in the N2EY/W5TIT exchanges, and knew to
stay away. You knew that Morse Code testing is healthy, wealhty, and
wise for the ARS, and must be retained under all circumstances. And
now you know the mind of the US government.

We are so incredibly lucky to have you post to RRAP. You are
practically a Shaman, and we hang on your every word as to the future
of the ARS. Thak you.

We are not worthy.
Old January 15th 04, 05:04 AM
D. Stussy

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep in
mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for General
or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF privileges. With the
speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a year from now seems rather
iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

And ... a code CSCE is only "good" as follows:
1. For upgrade to General, one year. However, once a General, then the

^^^^^^^^
NO! It's good for 365 days, which is NOT always equal to one year, especially
when a leap year is involved.

element is part of the General package and allows upgrade to Extra
without the one-year deadline or retaking.
2. Without upgrade to General/Extra, the element allows "Tech Plus"
privileges, which were the bands and frequencies alloted to the Novice
ticket, for as long as the holder remains a Technician.

Old January 15th 04, 05:17 AM
D. Stussy

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Alun wrote:
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:
"Alun" wrote in message
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message

[...]

So? That in no way means that the U.S. Government (FCC) EVER HAS TO adopt a
completely code-free license structure at all. They could decide to keep
everything status-quo, despite what the U.S. amateur community wants.

What I say by this: That "it" could NEVER come.

Old January 15th 04, 01:12 PM
Mike Coslo

Alun wrote:
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message
.. .

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
odigy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message
. 4...

[...]

But what does all this have to do with Kim's callsign?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 15th 04, 09:47 PM
Mike Coslo

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep in
mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for General
or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF privileges. With the
speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a year from now seems rather
iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

And ... a code CSCE is only "good" as follows:
1. For upgrade to General, one year. However, once a General, then the

^^^^^^^^
NO! It's good for 365 days, which is NOT always equal to one year, especially
when a leap year is involved.

Are leap seconds taken into account?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 15th 04, 11:46 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...
"Alun" wrote in message
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message

[...]

I see you've had a bad day. Afterall I was merely posting my observations
of the government inertia.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 16th 04, 05:23 AM
Alun

Mike Coslo wrote in :

Alun wrote:
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message
. ..

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
rodigy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message
.4...

[...]

Not much. There again, there does seem to be a correlation between pro-code
testing and anti-t*ts! Put me down as anti-code testing and pro-t*ts!!!
Old January 16th 04, 12:24 PM
Leo

Nice one, Alun - tit for tat!

73, Leo

(Seated in the same fan section as Alun - oh, yeah!)

On 16 Jan 2004 05:23:15 GMT, Alun wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote in :

But what does all this have to do with Kim's callsign?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Not much. There again, there does seem to be a correlation between pro-code
testing and anti-t*ts! Put me down as anti-code testing and pro-t*ts!!!

ARRL you can Kiss my $39.00 a Year Good Bye Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL Policy 32 December 1st 03 06:03 AM
GOOD NEWS-------France heat wave deaths top 14,000 Larry Roll K3LT Policy 3 October 20th 03 02:12 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
A good wattmeter ? Rick Frazier Equipment 9 September 17th 03 01:02 PM
Tech+ to General upgrade question N2EY Policy 5 July 6th 03 04:43 AM