Old January 19th 04, 08:57 PM
WA8ULX

If you thought the "Plan for the 21st Century Ham" by theNCVEC gang of
four was lame, wait till you see what the ARRL gang of fifteen is
proposing!

Isnt the ARRL wonderful, my guess is that Membership and Book Sales must be
slipping.
Old January 19th 04, 10:48 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
If you thought the "Plan for the 21st Century Ham" by theNCVEC gang of
four was lame, wait till you see what the ARRL gang of fifteen is
proposing!

Isnt the ARRL wonderful, my guess is that Membership and Book Sales must

be
slipping.

Can't wait till they show up on the top end of 75 meters. 100w and a
G5RV.....yeah buddy.

Dan/W4NTI

Old January 19th 04, 11:03 PM
WA8ULX

Can't wait till they show up on the top end of 75 meters. 100w and a
G5RV.....yeah buddy.

Dan/W4NTI

Do you think the ARRL will Print 10 Codes in QST? Maybe they could have an
article on the correct use of Echo Mikes.
Old January 20th 04, 07:50 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
Can't wait till they show up on the top end of 75 meters. 100w and a
G5RV.....yeah buddy.

Dan/W4NTI

Do you think the ARRL will Print 10 Codes in QST? Maybe they could have

an
article on the correct use of Echo Mikes.

I am sure they could drop some of the ham radio adds and put in some ten
codes and echo mikes to help pay the bills for the loss of so many members.

Dan/W4NTI

Old January 20th 04, 08:06 PM
WA8ULX

I am sure they could drop some of the ham radio adds and put in some ten
codes and echo mikes to help pay the bills for the loss of so many members.

Dan/W4NTI

Im sure they will. Dan I have a great Idea, since the FCC and the" CBRRL" are
HELL bent on destroying Ham Radio, I have a great way to introduce the
CBplussers to HF.
When you hear the CBplussers calling CQ, just answer them on CW, perfectly
Legal, and it will probably **** them OFF. Thats what Im going to do.
Old January 20th 04, 06:13 PM
N2EY

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message hlink.net...

Can't wait till they show up on the top end of 75 meters. 100w and a
G5RV.....yeah buddy.

What would be the problem, with such a setup, Dan? I've made thousands
of
excellent contacts on that band with a similar setup.

oh wait - those contacts were on 80 meter CW.

But it's the same part of the radio spectrum, right? "Radio physics"
is
the same for all modes, isn't it?

---

Here's a concept I read very recently that may explain the "free
upgrade"
thingie: 'Blame It On BPL'.

Giving all ~322,000 Techs and Tech Pluses a free upgrade to General
will more than triple their numbers, from ~141,000 to ~463,000. If
even 10% of the upgradees get on the HF ham bands, that's over 32,000
new sources of trouble
for BPL systems....

73 de Jim, N2EY