Old March 27th 04, 03:12 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Ham-radio is a hobby not a service
From: (William)
Date: 3/27/2004 9:01 AM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
From:
(William)
Date: 3/26/2004 9:39 PM Central Standard Time

You must understand something, Steve. "Nuts" is not a medical term,
is not a diagnosis, and does not need a medical license to utter.

But you're still nuts.

But you've not explained why.

Yes I have.

No, you've not....other than to say I'm "nuts" becasue I dare to

question
you.

Question me? Is THAT what *#*YOU*#* Call it?!?

Interrogation is more like it. And I've told you that time and again.

Get a grip, man.

That's why I think you're nuts.

You think I am nuts becasue I won't let you get away with stupid
assertions that you can't/won't back up with some valid facts.

Put away the sodium penethol and jumper cables.

It just isn't going to work.

You'll never make me love Morse Code.

I don't care if you ever do or not. I'd just as well keep idiots like you
out of the narrowband parts of the spectrum.

I just want you to answer "What "major role" do the unlicensed radio
services play in "emergency comms", as you ahve suggested they do.

And so far all you've done is rum and hide from answering questions

about
YOUR assertions.

Yup, rumming and hiding.

My bad on the typo, but I think you got the idea.

Liar AND coward. Nice combo, Brain.

Nuts.

If you insist....You're a liar, a coward, AND nuts.

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 27th 04, 03:14 PM
William

From:
(William)
Date: 3/25/2004 6:00 PM Central Standard Time
From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 3/23/2004 9:47 PM Central Standard Time

Then wave your arms around, invoke the magic incantation, and
the world will be remade entirely to your desires.

Your imaginary world will be even better than you dreamed!

I again ask you as to which "imaginary" world you refer...?!?!

How many imaginary worlds do you have?

Only the one where-in Brittany Spears shows up at my front door with
round-trip tickets to Tahiti begging me to go with her.

Huh? She'll just waste your time.

Try this instead:

Snipped from ARRL site
"Visitors to French Polynesia must send in or bring in:

Copy of current Amateur License
Current passport
List of equipment brought with serial numbers
Copy of itinerary showing location from which they will be operating
Thanks to Bob, N1RA for this update:
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:50:15 -0400
Subject: Fo0, French Polynesia

French Polynesia, FO0, Address: Cellule P & T du Haut Commissariat de
la Republique
(HCR-CPT)
BP 115
98713 - Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Telephone: 011 689 46 8630
Fax: 011 689 46 86 33
E-Mail :
[after July 1, 2003]

IMPORTANT: You must have an interpreter or speak French. They do not
speak or read English. Correspondence must be in French also.

Personal notes from David Rosenthal, N6TST, February 2002:

Proceed to the High Commissioners Office in Papeete and ask for Mr.
Sylvain Affinito (he was there in February 2002) in the office of the
Celle PTT. He will examine your paperwork and have you fill out a form
applying for your temporary permit. They should issue you an FO0
license either on the spot or by the next business day since the
documents have to be stamped and signed by an approving official. This
license will be good for 90 days, which is the maximum time a visitor
may stay in French Polynesia. There is no charge for the license.

Note that CEPT Class 2 licenses, are NOT authorized in French
Polynesia, i.e., there is no equivalent to a "codeless Tech" license
there.

For Maritime mobiles sailing into French waters you must have a valid
license to operate within the territory. Upon making your first port
of call, simply call the PTT office with the above information plus
the usual boat info. Your license can be preprocessed and if you call
back the next day he will give you your call letters and you can pick
up your license when you reach Tahiti.

Phone number for this PTT is 46-86-32, the fax is 46-86-33

Phone cards are now needed to access pay telephones and these cards
are available at most stores. They cost XPF 1,000 (about US$8) but you
can also use a major credit card in the phone.

The correct Celle PTT office is HARD to find in Papeete (there are
several) and few people know anything about amateur radio. Streets in
French Polynesia are poorly marked and address numbers virtually
unknown. Basic maps, however, are available free from tourist brochure
displays located in most stores. I've also included my own map showing
the exact location of the Celle PTT office.

Follow Avenue Bruat inland to where it ends at the entrance of the
Gendarmarie, a large police compound. Turn left before entering the
Gendarmarie gate and follow the small street about 100 feet or so
where you'll find a driveway entrance to what appears to be a
two-story apartment building. The Celle PTT office is the last one on
the ground floor and has a blue sign with white script lettering above
the door reading "Cellule des Postes et Télécommunications."

Thanks to David Rosenthal, N6TST for this update.

Additional comments: "Having experienced considerable difficulty
locating the PTT office in Papeete (Tahiti), I added correct street
directions to find the right building as well as producing a map
graphic which I included as a JPEG with this message. This map, though
small, can printed out and easily matched to many readily available
free maps on the island. Perhaps you could paste it into the page as
well since that might be the best way for folks to find their way to
the office. Anyway, I hope you find this helpful and, if I can answer
any questions or provide more information, please feel free to contact
me either via e-mail or at 760 939-5467."
For more information, contact the French Polynesian IARU."

OIther than that, I've pretty well got you and Lennie by the cajones...As
hard as it is to hold on to something that small.

See what I mean? Brittany could fall into your lap and you'd just be
thinking about some guys reproductive equipment. Huge waste of time
in my book.
Old March 27th 04, 06:47 PM
William

From:
(William)
Date: 3/27/2004 9:14 AM Central Standard Time
From:
(William)
Date: 3/25/2004 6:00 PM Central Standard Time
From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 3/23/2004 9:47 PM Central Standard Time

Only the one where-in Brittany Spears shows up at my front door with
round-trip tickets to Tahiti begging me to go with her.

Huh? She'll just waste your time.

Try this instead:

Snipped from ARRL site
"Visitors to French Polynesia must send in or bring in:

BIG SNIP

OIther than that, I've pretty well got you and Lennie by the

cajones...As
hard as it is to hold on to something that small.

See what I mean? Brittany could fall into your lap and you'd just be
thinking about some guys reproductive equipment. Huge waste of time
in my book.

In YOUR book, perhaps.

So you value thinking about some other guys reproductive equipment
higher than you value thinking about Brittany Spears? Eeeewww!

An assumption on YOUR part that I don't speak at least competent
tourist-level French would be a foolish one.

An assumption on your part that there is an assumption on my part is
part of your assuming induced downfall.

No one even cares if you can speak tourist-level French. You are a
fool to think they do.

But with Brittany Spears in your lap, all you can think about is Len's
testicles and my testicles?

Definitely nuts.

Shall I squeeze a bit harder, Brain? Or are you finished making a fool
out of yourself...again...?

Exactly what are you squeezing, Steve?

Whatever it is, keep it away from me and quit being so gay.