Old April 26th 04, 11:30 PM
N2EY

Default The Pool (Update)

Here's an update on various estimates of when Morse code testing will be
eliminated in the US. Note that seven predicted dates, including my own
prediction, are in the past.

WA2SI: September 13, 2003
KF6TPT: September 29, 2003
KC8EPO: December 31, 2003
K2UNK: January 1, 2004
K2ASP: March 15, 2004
AA2QA: April 1, 2004
N2EY: April 15, 2004
N3KIP: May 1, 2004
KC8PMX: July 1, 2004
WA2ISE: August 1, 2004
K3LT: September 15, 2004
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007 ("minimum 4 years from date of requirement drop")
K0HB: January 1, 3000

Closest date (before or after) wins. Anyone else?

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old April 27th 04, 01:22 AM
Carl R. Stevenson

"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
Here's an update on various estimates of when Morse code testing will be
eliminated in the US. Note that seven predicted dates, including my own
prediction, are in the past.

WA2SI: September 13, 2003
KF6TPT: September 29, 2003
KC8EPO: December 31, 2003
K2UNK: January 1, 2004
K2ASP: March 15, 2004
AA2QA: April 1, 2004
N2EY: April 15, 2004
N3KIP: May 1, 2004
KC8PMX: July 1, 2004
WA2ISE: August 1, 2004
K3LT: September 15, 2004
WK3C: December 30, 2004

At the rate the FCC is moving, I'm wishing I'd picked N8UZE's date of July
1, 2005 ... while I prefer my date, I'm beginning to think it's going to
take them that long ... can I add 6 months to mine and make it June 1,
2005???

Carl - wk3c

Old April 27th 04, 10:32 PM
N2EY

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message ...
"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Sorry, Carl, if I do it for you then I gotta do it for everybody and
the whole point of the pool is lost.

The original ARRL blurb on WRC-03 said it would take two years. That's
almost exactly Dee's date.

Frankly I am surprised it's taken this long - and with the new NPRM
out there, it may be even further down the pike.

N8UZE: July 1, 2005
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007 ("minimum 4 years from date of requirement drop")
K0HB: January 1, 3000

Closest date (before or after) wins. Anyone else?

email or write your senator, congressman and the president about BPL.
See arrl website for details. Do it today!

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old May 16th 04, 02:31 AM
Jim Hampton

Hello, Jim

I'd venture another guess, but by that time it won't make any difference to
me. Gad, the FCC is *slow*, huh?

Put me down for June 31, 3125 LOL

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA
ps - blew my chance big time - I only hope I'm wrong by a few centuries on
this one

"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
Here's an update on various estimates of when Morse code testing will be
eliminated in the US. Note that seven predicted dates, including my own
prediction, are in the past.

WA2SI: September 13, 2003
KF6TPT: September 29, 2003
KC8EPO: December 31, 2003
K2UNK: January 1, 2004
K2ASP: March 15, 2004
AA2QA: April 1, 2004
N2EY: April 15, 2004
N3KIP: May 1, 2004
KC8PMX: July 1, 2004
WA2ISE: August 1, 2004
K3LT: September 15, 2004
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007 ("minimum 4 years from date of requirement drop")
K0HB: January 1, 3000

Closest date (before or after) wins. Anyone else?

73 de Jim, N2EY

---

Old May 16th 04, 12:11 PM
Alun

"Jim Hampton" wrote in
:

Hello, Jim

I'd venture another guess, but by that time it won't make any
difference to me. Gad, the FCC is *slow*, huh?

Put me down for June 31, 3125 LOL

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA
ps - blew my chance big time - I only hope I'm wrong by a few centuries
on this one

"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
[...]

K5TIT: June 1, 2008
K0HB: January 1, 3000
AA2QA: June 31, 3125 (Was April 1, 2004)

I'm not sure if we should let anyone change their date, but dates after
3000 are moot as none of us will be around by then.

Alun, N3KIP