Old April 28th 04, 01:37 PM
Beeper

Default Something more important than BPL...

Know code, Know ham.
No code, no ham.

The eternal truth, proven every day.
Old April 28th 04, 07:38 PM
- XC -

Aw common Beeps, you should at least admit stealing this from:
Know guns, know safety
No guns, no safety.

And I think you are severely underestimating the BPL threat to HF reception;
it's a real hobby killer.
Even though I love and use CW if I HAD to choose between no code or no BPL
I'd choose no BPL.
First things first, if you can't hear 'em you can't work 'em.

That's the eternal truth, proven every day.

XC

Old April 29th 04, 06:58 PM
Robert Casey

Aw common Beeps, you should at least admit stealing this from:
Know guns, know safety
No guns, no safety.

"Gun control" is using both hands.

And I think you are severely underestimating the BPL threat to HF reception;
it's a real hobby killer.
Even though I love and use CW if I HAD to choose between no code or no BPL
I'd choose no BPL.
First things first, if you can't hear 'em you can't work 'em.

That's the eternal truth, proven every day.

Maybe code will be the only thing that gets thru BPL. If it's true what
they claim that
code gets thru when SSB fails. Though I doubt that FISTS will endorsee BPL.

no code, Know ham.
kNow code, no ham.