Old May 6th 04, 05:53 PM
N2EY

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Steve Robeson K4CAP wrote:
Subject: Hamfests?

hehe. Remember we're amateurs, so maybe the villagers in "young
Frankenstein"?

Or the townsfolk in "Blazing Saddles".

Believe it or not I've never watched it!

Rent it. You won't be dissapointed. Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman, Teri
Garr, Madeline Kahn, Cloris Leachman, Peter Boyle and even Gene
Hackman.

I was never a Mel Brooks fan, and
I believe that was one of his, wasn't it...???

One of his best, although it's tough to pick from among classics such
as "Blazing Saddles" ("Mongo is but pawn in game of life" and "The
Producers" ("Boids. Doity, stinking, disgusting boids.")

(moment of silence as we remember N0BK, now in a better place)

Oh yes. It's worth a look, even if just to see the young Terri Garr. I
like it best out of all his movies.

So many great moments in "YF":

"Elevate me!"

"What knockers!"

"Oh you men. Six or seven quick ones and you're off with the boys..."

"What hump?"

"Frau Blucher!"

"You gave the monster part of your wonderful brain. But what did the
monster give you?"

(sung):"Oh sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you!"

and the one I've used many many times:

"Could be worse. Could be raining."

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old May 7th 04, 03:38 AM
Bill Newkirk

Also in Blazing Saddles..Slim Pickens. Harvey Korman, Dom DeLuise, Count
Basie and his Orchestra...

"Tell the Governor that I said 'Owww'".

"N2EY" wrote in message
om...

Old May 7th 04, 12:51 PM
N2EY

"Bill Newkirk" wrote in message ...
Also in Blazing Saddles..Slim Pickens

"We almost lost a three-hundred-dollar hand cart!!"

Harvey Korman,

"That's *Hedley*...."

Dom DeLuise,

doing the French Mistake

Count Basie and his Orchestra...

"Tell the Governor that I said 'Owww'".

"ohhh...it's twue! It's twue!!!"

73 de Jim, N2EY

Hamfests? KØHB General 14 May 2nd 04 10:57 PM
hamfests? Thomas General 1 April 14th 04 03:40 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1390 ­ April 2, 2004 Radionews Policy 18 April 12th 04 09:58 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1390 ­ April 2, 2004 Radionews General 0 April 4th 04 01:39 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1390 ­ April 2, 2004 Radionews Dx 0 April 4th 04 01:38 AM