Old May 3rd 04, 09:44 PM
Bert Craig

Default R.R.A.P Net?

Anybody wanna hop on 7045 kHz tonite...say about 9 PM? :-)

--
73 de Bert
WA2SI

Er, ah...AK & RI stations especially welcome. hihi

Old May 3rd 04, 10:10 PM
KØHB

9PM as in 040200Z? I will be QRV.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 4th 04, 02:23 AM
KØHB

Bert,

Nice to work you on 40M this evening. How is that new Argonaut working?

Let's plan on same time next Monday eve, and maybe some of the others
will join in.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 4th 04, 02:56 AM
Bert Craig

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...
Bert,

Nice to work you on 40M this evening. How is that new Argonaut working?

Let's plan on same time next Monday eve, and maybe some of the others
will join in.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Thanks Hans, I had a ball. Pride refused to let me ask you to QRS. (Although
I probably should've, hihi.) It forced me to put down my pencil and just
listen. Same time next Monday sounds fine to me. Thanks again. :-)

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old May 4th 04, 03:01 AM
KØHB

"Bert Craig" wrote

Pride refused to let me ask you to QRS.

My apologies...... I always try to be more deliberate, then I get in
the middle of a thought and the damned paddles just speed up of their
own accord. I'll put a big fat choke on the keyline next Monday to slow
it down.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 4th 04, 03:12 AM
Bert Craig

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bert Craig" wrote

Pride refused to let me ask you to QRS.

My apologies...... I always try to be more deliberate, then I get in
the middle of a thought and the damned paddles just speed up of their
own accord. I'll put a big fat choke on the keyline next Monday to slow
it down.

73, de Hans, K0HB

It's all good. "No pain, no gain." Got an e-mail from Jim, N2EY...heard you,
didn't hear me and you couldn't hear him...ah, the comedy of it.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old May 4th 04, 03:34 AM
KØHB

"Bert Craig" wrote

Got an e-mail from Jim, N2EY...heard you,
didn't hear me and you couldn't hear him...ah, the comedy of it.

Sorry I missed Jim. I had a lot of DSP working to isolate you from that
buzzy signal from W5TVW. He was actually about 625 Hz off our QRG, but
that rough buzz on his signal was washing over you. Likely would have
heard N2EY without the DSP laundering I was doing.

CU next week.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 4th 04, 05:17 AM
KØHB

"Lumushahs" wrote

Why don't you call CQ and wait and see who answers?

That's precisely what I did. I transmitted "CQ RRAP CQ RRAP DE K0HB
K0HB" 7045.221 KC and WA2SI answered me.

Sunuvagun!

de Hans, K0HB

Old May 4th 04, 12:33 PM
Leo

On Tue, 04 May 2004 02:12:31 GMT, "Bert Craig"
wrote:

snip

It's all good. "No pain, no gain." Got an e-mail from Jim, N2EY...heard you,
didn't hear me and you couldn't hear him...ah, the comedy of it.

Hopefully, this will end the oft-quoted myth that CW "always gets
through"!

73 de Bert
WA2SI

73, Leo